Stephen Simpson, CFA
Stephen Simpson, CFA
Apr. 25, 2014, 11:42 AM
- Timberlands segment net sales of $377M up from $364M in Q4, with contribution to pre-tax earnings of $164M up from $134M. The Q2 outlook is for comparable earnings as boosted Chinese export log sales will be more than offset by lower average prices.
- Wood Products segment net sales of $898M fell from $926M in Q4, with contribution to pre-tax earnings of $64M up from $58M, "despite the effect of the severe winter weather." The Q2 outlook is for significantly higher earnings thanks to seasonally higher sales across all product lines and slightly higher prices for OSB and engineered wood products.
- Cellulose Fibers segment net sales of $461M vs. $478M in Q4. Q2 outlook is for significantly higher earnings.
- Real Estate net sales of $248M down from $488M due to seasonal issues.
- Previously: Weyerhaeuser EPS beats, revenue misses
- WY +1.7%
Apr. 25, 2014, 4:10 AM
- Weyerhaeuser (WY) adjusted EPS of $0.26 beats by $0.02.
- Revenue of $1.98B (+1.5%) misses by $0.1B. (PR)
Apr. 25, 2014, 12:05 AM
Apr. 24, 2014, 5:30 PM
Jan. 31, 2014, 7:23 AM
- Weyerhaeuser's (WY) net profit dropped to $43M from $143M a year earlier, with the latest figures hurt by after-tax charges of $114 million for special items.
- Revenue from wood products fell to $926M from $1.03B in Q3, due to "unusually severe weather."
- Weyerhaeuser expects higher earnings from its Timberlands and Wood Products segments in Q1. The company also forecasts higher average selling prices for lumber, seasonally higher sales volumes across most product lines, and improved operating rates.
- However, Weyerhaeuser predicts that its earnings from its Cellulose Fibers segment will fall, with slightly lower pulp sales volumes, increased maintenance costs, and higher fiber and labor costs.
- Weyerhaeuser expects a modest profit from its single family homebuilding operations in the quarter, with closings seen falling seasonally to around 600 homes; however, the company forecasts higher average closing prices. (PR)
Jan. 31, 2014, 3:21 AM
- Weyerhaeuser Co. (WY): Q4 EPS of $0.27 misses by $0.01.
- Revenue of $2.26B (+13.0% Y/Y) misses by $30M.
Jan. 31, 2014, 12:05 AM
Jan. 30, 2014, 5:30 PM
Oct. 25, 2013, 7:16 AM
- Weyerhaeuser's (WY) net profit rises to $157M from $117M last year.
- Net sales of $2.2B were up 12.2%.
- Timeberlands Q3 net sales $547M vs $499M in Q2; contribution to earnings $118M vs $114M; anticipates comparable earnings in Q4.
- Wood products Q3 net sales $1.05B vs $1.08B in Q2; contribution to earnings $79M vs $136M; anticipates lower earnings in Q4, "due to seasonally weaker sales volumes and higher log costs."
- Cellulose fibers Q3 net sales $474M vs $476M in Q2; contribution to earnings $47M vs $57M; expects significantly higher earnings in Q4.
- Real estate Q3 net sales $324M vs $267M in Q2; contribution to earnings $33M vs $14M; expects significantly higher earnings from single-family homebuilding in Q4. (Previous) (PR)
Oct. 25, 2013, 6:00 AM
- Weyerhaeuser (WY): Q3 EPS of $0.27 beats by $0.05.
- Revenue of $2.2B beats by $0.1B. (PR)
Oct. 25, 2013, 12:05 AM
Oct. 24, 2013, 5:30 PM
Jul. 26, 2013, 7:46 AM
More on Weyerhaeuser (WY -0.9%) Q2: net profit more than doubles to $196M; excluding special items from the prior year, net profit more than quadruples. Net sales +19.6% to $2.14B, the highest since 2008. Gross margin widens to 22.3% from 15.4% despite an increase in input costs. Revenue breakdown: wood products +36% to $1.08B, Timberlands +22%, cellulose fibers +3.7%. Backlog of homes sold, but not closed, 1,438 units vs 1,033 units a year ago. In Q3, anticipates lower earnings from Wood Products and Timberlands, comparable earnings from Cellulose Fibers, and slightly higher income from single-family homebuilding. (PR)| Jul. 26, 2013, 7:46 AM
Jul. 26, 2013, 6:11 AMWeyerhaeuser (WY): Q2 EPS of $0.35 beats by $0.05. Revenue of $2.1B. (PR) | Jul. 26, 2013, 6:11 AM
Jul. 26, 2013, 12:05 AM