Tue, Apr. 28, 6:32 AM
Thu, Mar. 26, 2:29 PM
- Hotel stocks are out ahead of market averages as sentiment stays positive on the sector
- Traders some to be piggybacking off each other without any major news out.
- Companies active in timeshares are well-represented on the list of gainers.
- Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide (HOT +4.9%) reached an all-time high of $86.76 on huge volume.
- Also putting in gains are Hyatt Hotels (H +2.9%), Hilton Worldwide (HLT +1.6%), Morgans Hotel Group (MHGC +1%), Interval Leisure Group (IILG +2%), and Wyndham Worldwide (WYN +1.4%).
Thu, Feb. 26, 3:12 PM
Tue, Feb. 10, 10:11 AM
- Strong earnings reports from Starwood Hotels & Resorts (HOT +6.4%) and Wyndham Worldwide (WYN +7.1%) have given a boost to the lodging sector.
- The group is showing improved efficiency as demand and pricing stays ahead of the rate of capacity growth.
- Gainers: Hyatt Hotels (NYSE:H) +3.8%, Marriott International (NASDAQ:MAR) +3.6%, Intercontinental Hotels (NYSE:IHG) +2.7%, Choice Hotels International (NYSE:CHH) +2.1%, Hilton Worldwide (NYSE:HLT) +1.4%, Extended Stay America (NYSE:STAY) +1.2%, Morgans Hotel Group (NASDAQ:MHGC) +1.2%.
- Associated with the sector, Priceline (PCLN +1.8%) and Orbitz Worldwide (OWW +3.1%) are also trading above market averages.
Tue, Feb. 10, 8:36 AM
- Wyndham Worldwide (NYSE:WYN) reports strong growth across segments in Q4.
- Segment revenue: Lodging +9.0% to $267M; Vacations Exchange and Rentals +2% to $311M; Vacation Ownership +1.5% to $668M.
- Operating expenses +4.6% to $1.076B.
- Total REVPAR +5.0% Y/Y.
- Domestci REVPAR +8.6%.
- International REVPAR -7.8%.
- WYN +3.1% premarket.
Tue, Feb. 10, 6:36 AM
Mon, Feb. 9, 5:30 PM
Mon, Feb. 2, 7:59 AM
Mon, Jan. 26, 2:57 PM
- There could be some good news for hotel stocks coming out of the Americas Lodging Investment Summit conference this week, according to CNBC.
- A senior lodging forecaster is expected to announce that the market is set to absorb a significant room rate hike this year.
- Some major markets will see room rate increases of over 8%, say analysts.
- ALIS conference agenda (.pdf)
- Hotel stocks: BEL, CHH, EXPE, H, HLT, HMIN, HOT, IHG, MAR, STAY, WYN.
Tue, Jan. 13, 1:04 PM
- Barclays sees dividend payouts on the S&P 500 increasing 7% this year to reach a yield of close to 2%.
- The investment firm recommends buying shares of companies in the index poised for top-line growth and dividend payout boosts.
- At least 6 consumer products/services companies make the Barclays list of attractive dividend stocks.
- Hershey (NYSE:HSY): 2.01% yield
- Yum Brands (NYSE:YUM): 2.24% yield
- PepsiCo (NYSE:PEP): 2.70% yield
- Lorillard (NYSE:LO): 3.80% yield
- Wyndham Worldwide (NYSE:WYN): 1.63% yield
- Macy's (NYSE:M): 1.89% yield
Nov. 17, 2014, 9:06 AM
Nov. 13, 2014, 6:06 PM
Nov. 10, 2014, 9:20 AM| Nov. 10, 2014, 9:20 AM | 1 Comment
Oct. 24, 2014, 6:49 AM
Oct. 24, 2014, 6:34 AM
Oct. 23, 2014, 5:30 PM
Wyndham Worldwide Corp is a hospitality company, offering individual consumers and business customers a suite of hospitality products and services. It operates three segments including, lodging, vacation exchange and rentals and vacation ownership.
Other News & PR