Xcel Energy IncNYSE
Fri, Dec. 2, 7:52 AM
- As if soaring interest rates since the election weren't enough, regulated utilities may also have to deal with potential tax reform in which tax benefits get passed back to consumers, says analyst Daniel Ford.
- He downgrades FirstEnergy (NYSE:FE) to Equal Weight, with price target cut to $34 from $38 (last night's close $30.99). He cuts XCel Energy (NYSE:XEL) to Equal Weight, with price target trimmed to $42 from $44 (last night's close $38.54).
- Source: TheFly
- XEL is down 7.2%, and FE 10.2% since the election.
Thu, Oct. 27, 6:02 AM
Wed, Oct. 26, 5:30 PM
- ABB, ABMD, ACOR, AET, ALLE, ALV, ALXN, AMT, APD, ASPS, AUO, AVT, AXTA, BBW, BC, BCOR, BGCP, BMS, BMY, BWA, BX, CBG, CCMP, CELG, CFX, CHH, CL, CLF, CMC, CME, CMS, COLB, COP, COR, CRI, CRR, CRS, CVE, CVI, CVRR, CWT, CYS, DFT, DLX, DOW, DPS, EME, EPD, EQGP, EQM, EQT, EXLS, F, FCFS, FCN, FMS, GCI, GLOP, GNC, GOV, GTLS, HCA, HEES, I, IDA, IDCC, IP, IPGP, IRDM, IVZ, LANC, LAZ, LKQ, LLL, MD, MDP, MDXG, MHO, MJN, MO, MPC, MPLX, MSCI, MTH, MTRN, NEWM, NMR, NOK, NOV, NTCT, ODFL, ORI, PATK, PENN, PF, PJC, POT, PRLB, PTEN, PX, QSII, RDN, RGS, ROCK, RTN, SCG, SEE, SFE, SILC, SIRI, SMP, SQNS, SRPT, STM, SUP, SWK, TCK, TDC, TFX, THRM, TKR, TMO, TPH, TPX, TREE, TROW, TUES, TWTR, TZOO, UAN, UFS, UPS, UTHR, VC, VLP, WCC, WEX, WST, WWE, XEL, XRS, YNDX
Wed, Oct. 26, 1:22 PM
- Nuclear power will come to an end in the U.S. if the industry fails to obtain more government support, Carlyle Group predicts.
- U.S. nuclear reactors need more subsidies to keep running, such as a federal carbon tax that would reward them for their zero-emissions power, according to Bob Mancini, co-head of Carlyle's power unit.
- Mancini points to measures approved in New York as an example of the kind of help nuclear power plant owners will need to survive; in August, NY state regulators cleared ~$500M/year in subsidies as part of a clean energy plan to reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
- Relevant tickers include EXC, ETR, DUK, D, NEE, SO, PCG, ED, EIX, AEP, PPL, DTE, FE, NRG, PNM, POR, SCG, WR, XEL, LNT, GE, URA, NLR
Mon, Sep. 19, 12:27 PM
- Xcel Energy (XEL +0.9%) is upgraded to Neutral from Sell with a $40 price target at UBS, which says XEL has successfully implemented a potential “rate stayout” in Minnesota.
- UBS says regulatory risk appears to be declining vs. the historic trend of consistent annual Minnesota rate case filings, and that while other states remain in the mix including both Texas and New Mexico, few controversial issues are likely to detail the XEL story through the near-term.
- A further $300M of smart grid upgrades in Minnesota slated for ~2018 looks likely, the firm says, expecting XEL to maintain its EPS growth guidance of 4%-6%.
Wed, Aug. 24, 1:58 PM
Wed, Aug. 3, 6:03 AM
Tue, Aug. 2, 5:30 PM
- AAWW, AFAM, ALE, APO, ARCC, ARCO, ARQL, ATHM, ATRO, AVA, CDK, CDW, CEVA, CLDT, CLH, CLX, CRL, CROX, CRTO, CSTE, CWEI, D, DDD, DIN, DLPH, DM, DNOW, DOC, EE, ENR, FCPT, FUN, GEL, HFC, HUM, HYH, ICE, ING, INSY, INXN, IRT, KATE, KLIC, LINC, LMOS, MDC, MEMP, MFA, MTOR, NBL, NSM, NVMI, ODP, ORBK, OXY, PERI, POR, RRD, SBGI, SC, SCMP, SE, SHOP, SMG, SMP, SPR, SR, SUM, TMHC, TWX, USAK, VER, VIRT, VOYA, VSI, WD, XEL, ZTS
Fri, Jul. 15, 10:10 AM
- Wells Fargo ticks off 20 S&P 500 stocks with the most upside potential vs. consensus, and the 20 with the most downside risk vs. consensus.
- The list is compiled by comparing the midpoint of Wells Fargo Securities valuation ranges to consensus fair value estimates, volatility adjusting the percentage difference, and ranking the resulting score.
- Upside: AEE, BEN, CCL, DVA, EIX, ES, EXC, FTR, HUM, INTC, JNJ, LNT, PEG, PNW, SCG, T, WEC, WU, XEL, XOM.
- Downside: ANTM, C, CI, COF, EQT, FOXA, FSLR, GS, KIM, LH, MON, MSI, MYL, NVDA, NWSA, SLG, TIF, TSO, UA, WLTW.
Wed, Jun. 29, 9:51 AM
- Vestas Wind Systems (OTCPK:VWDRY) announces three major deals: It received a 53 MW order for its V110-2.0 MW turbines from Xcel Energy (NYSE:XEL), an order for eight units of the V126-3.3 MW model for a 26 MW wind farm to be located in eastern Turkey, and a 20-year service contract for the Rethwisch wind power plant in Schleswig-Holstein, Germany
- The XEL contract follows Vestas' conditional agreement earlier this year to supply the U.S. company's proposed Rush Creek wind farm in Colorado with as many as as 300 of its V110-2.0 turbines.
Mon, Jun. 27, 7:27 PM
- One of the biggest Brexit beneficiaries is the utilities sector, as the Dow Jones Utility Average and the SPDR Utilities Select Sector ETF both surged to new record highs as Treasury yields tumble to multiyear lows.
- The implied annual dividend yield for the Dow utilities is 3.08% and 3.18% for the utilities ETF, more than double the 10-year Treasury yield.
- J.P. Morgan equity strategists said today that they believe bond yields "are not going anywhere but lower,” and thus remain overweight on the utilities sector.
- At least six Dow utilities components posted record closes: NEE +3.3%, EIX +2.5%, AWK +2.4%, ED +1.9%, AEP +1.8%, PCG +0.8%.
- Among other major utilities in today's trade: SO +1.9%, DUK +1.9%, SCG +1.6%, ETR +1.1%, D +1%, AEE +1%, XEL +0.9%, SRE +0.9%, PEG +0.7%, FE +0.7%, EXC +0.6%.
- ETFs: XLU, UTG, IDU, VPU, GUT, BUI, FUTY, RYU, UPW, FXU, PUI, SDP, PSCU
Thu, Jun. 16, 3:11 PM
- Xcel Energy (XEL +1.2%) is upgraded to Overweight from Neutral with a $47 price target, raised from $39, at J.P. Morgan.
- The firm specifies four factors for its bullish view: XEL's "historically underappreciated large cap story," which has had a tendency of moving past regulatory headwinds; quality of earnings, which consistently remain high; multiple ways toward the top end of 4%-6% growth; and the company's well-placed wind project that firms up rate base growth until the year 2019.
- XEL's five-year plan outlined in December and the $1B Rock Creek Wind project announced last month should drive solid rate base growth for a utility of XEL's size through 2020, JPM says.
Wed, May 18, 11:36 AM
- Xcel Energy (NYSE:XEL) declares $0.34/share quarterly dividend, in line with previous.
- Forward yield 3.33%
- Payable July 20; for shareholders of record June 16; ex-div June 14.
Mon, May 9, 6:01 AM
- Xcel Energy (NYSE:XEL): Q1 EPS of $0.47 in-line.
- Revenue of $2.77B (-6.4% Y/Y) misses by $230M.
Sun, May 8, 5:30 PM
Fri, Apr. 15, 2:23 PM
- Xcel Energy (XEL +0.8%) names Bob Frenzel as its new executive VP and CFO, effective May 3, replacing the retiring Teresa Madden.
- Frenzel brings more than 17 years of experience in energy and banking, including a stint at Goldman Sachs, and most recently served as senior VP and CFO for Luminant.
- Now read Xcel Energy: Expensive and taking a pass