What's your position on ?
Why are you ish?
You voted ish on Vote again
Posts appear on the My Feed page of subscribers to this ticker
Jul. 22, 2014, 5:35 PM
Jul. 22, 2014, 5:13 PM
- In addition to missing FQ1 revenue estimates by $18.8M, Xilinx (NASDAQ:XLNX) is guiding for FQ2 revenue to be flat to down 4% Q/Q. The consensus is for revenue $644.5M, 5% above FQ1 levels.
- Xilinx attributes the FQ1 weakness to soft sales to defense and wireless clients.
- Industrial, aerospace, & defense sales (31% of revenue) -9% Q/Q and -11% Y/Y, telecom & data center (50% of revenue) +1% Q/Q and +20% Y/Y, broadcast, consumer, & automotive (16% of revenue) +5% Q/Q and +3% Y/Y, everything else (3% of revenue) +39% Q/Q and +11% Y/Y.
- Gross margin +150 bps Q/Q to 69.1%, and above guidance of 68.1%. Xilinx expects an FQ2 GM of 70%. $100M was spent on buybacks.
- Altera (NASDAQ:ALTR) is following Xilinx lower.
- FQ1 results, PR
Jul. 22, 2014, 4:21 PM
- Xilinx (NASDAQ:XLNX): FQ1 EPS of $0.62 beats by $0.01.
- Revenue of $612.63M (+5.8% Y/Y) misses by $18.79M.
Jul. 21, 2014, 5:35 PM
Jun. 2, 2014, 9:41 AM
- Xilinx (XLNX -1.1%) has been cut to Neutral by Goldman.
- STMicroelectronics (STM -1.5%) has been cut to Sell by Citi. HSBC downgraded shares on May 22.
- Microsemi (MSCC +3.1%) has been upgraded to Buy by Goldman.
- Proofpoint (PFPT +1.5%) has been upgraded to Buy by Sterne Agee. Shares joined IT security peers in selling off on Friday.
- Universal Electronics (UEIC -8.4%) has been cut to Neutral by B. Riley.
Apr. 24, 2014, 5:29 PM
- Altera (ALTR) expects FQ2 revenue to grow 2%-6% from an FQ1 level of $461.1M. That implies a range of $470M-$488.8M, above a $461.3M consensus.
- The FPGA maker suggests stronger-than-expected sales related to Chinese 4G deployments contributed to its FQ1 beat. Telecom & wireless revenue (45% of sales) grew 14% Q/Q and 23% Y/Y, and Asia-Pac revenue 6% Q/Q and 24% Y/Y.
- Those numbers offset weakness in networking, computer, & storage (-20% Q/Q and -7% Y/Y), as well as the Americas (-17% Q/Q and -13% Y/Y). Other areas of strength included industrial, military, and automotive (+13% Y/Y, 22% of revenue), EMEA (+11%), and Japan (+18%).
- Shares +4% AH. Rival Xilinx (XLNX), which often moves in tandem with Altera, is up just 0.5% after falling 9.1% in regular trading due to its light FQ1 guidance. Altera fell only 0.6% in regular trading after initially showing steeper losses.
- Altera is expected to see 13.7% Y/Y June quarter revenue growth at its guidance midpoint, and Xilinx 10.5% growth.
- FQ1 results, PR
Apr. 24, 2014, 9:28 AM
Apr. 23, 2014, 6:41 PM
- Texas Instruments (TXN) expects Q2 revenue of $3.14B-$3.4B and EPS of $0.55-$0.63, largely above a consensus of $3.15B and $0.52. Shares +3.4% AH. (Q1 results, PR)
- Xilinx (XLNX) expects FQ1 revenue to be flat to up 4% from an FQ4 level of $617.8M. That implies a midpoint of $630.2M, below a $638.4M consensus. Shares -5.1% AH. Rival Altera (ALTR) -4% ahead of tomorrow's FQ1 report. (FQ4 results, PR)
- ServiceNow (NOW) expects Q2 revenue of $160M-$162M and full-year revenue of $652M-$657M, above consensus forecasts of $156.7M and $644.2M. Shares -1.6% AH. (Q1 results, PR)
Apr. 23, 2014, 5:38 PM
Apr. 23, 2014, 4:38 PM
- Xilinx, Inc. (XLNX): Q1 EPS of $0.53 misses by $0.02.
- Revenue of $617.82M (+16.1% Y/Y) beats by $6.08M.
Apr. 15, 2014, 5:42 PM
Apr. 3, 2014, 9:36 AM
- OpenTable (OPEN +3.2%) has been upgraded to Buy by Citi.
- Level 3 (LVLT -1.3%) has been cut to Hold by Gabelli.
- Altera (ALTR +1.2%) and Xilinx (XLNX +0.8%) have been started at Outperform by FBR. Separately, Piper has assumed coverage of Altera at Overweight, and Xilinx at Neutral.
- Telus (TU -1.2%) has been cut to Neutral by Macquarie. The carrier recently announced a CEO change.
Mar. 26, 2014, 2:15 PM
- Intel's (INTC -0.2%) foundry deal with Altera (ALTR -1.2%), first announced a year ago, has been expanded to include chip packages that combine Altera's next-gen Stratix 10 FPGAs (set to be manufactured using Intel's cutting-edge 14nm process) with DRAM, SRAM, ASICs, and other chips.
- Intel and Altera declare the packages will combine the density/integration benefits of its traditional 2.5D/3D chip-packaging approaches with "favorable economic metrics," and that Altera's Intel-manufactured FPGA chip dies will offer unmatched densities and component integration.
- Altera is counting on Intel's manufacturing expertise to give it an edge over archrival Xilinx (XLNX -0.8%), which continues to rely on TSMC (TSM +0.4%).
- TSMC also happens to be Altera's traditional foundry partner. Xilinx began shipping FPGAs based on the foundry's new 20nm process last fall.
- Intel has said it plans to be a "selective" foundry for 3rd-party chipmakers, one focused on higher-margin/value-add deals. In addition to Altera, the chip giant may have landed Cisco as a client.
Feb. 11, 2014, 9:49 AM
- Alcatel-Lucent (ALU -3.7%) has been cut to Equal Weight by Morgan Stanley four days after rallying in response to its Q4 report.
- CenturyLink (CTL +2.2%) has been upgraded to Outperform by Macquarie ahead of tomorrow's Q4 report.
- Sohu (SOHU -4.8%) has been cut to Underweight by Morgan Stanley a day after the company and subsidiary Changyou posted mixed Q4 results and offered weak Q1 guidance.
- Finisar (FNSR +3.9%) has been upgraded to Buy by Jefferies. Rivals JDS Uniphase and Oclaro have delivered market-pleasing earnings reports in recent weeks.
- Allscripts (MDRX +2.3%) has been upgraded to Buy by Maxim. Q4 results are due on Feb. 20.
- Xilinx (XLNX +1.6%) has been started at Buy by MKM.
Feb. 11, 2014, 8:03 AM
- Xilinx, Inc. (XLNX) declares $0.29/share quarterly dividend, 16% increase from prior dividend of $0.25.
- Forward yield 2.50%
- Payable June 4; for shareholders of record May 14; ex-div May 12.
Jan. 21, 2014, 5:46 PM
Other News & PR