Xilinx: Broad Portfolio And Strong R&D Are A Winning Combination
Timothy McIntosh • 14 Comments
Timothy McIntosh • 14 Comments
Apr. 23, 2014, 6:41 PM
- Texas Instruments (TXN) expects Q2 revenue of $3.14B-$3.4B and EPS of $0.55-$0.63, largely above a consensus of $3.15B and $0.52. Shares +3.4% AH. (Q1 results, PR)
- Xilinx (XLNX) expects FQ1 revenue to be flat to up 4% from an FQ4 level of $617.8M. That implies a midpoint of $630.2M, below a $638.4M consensus. Shares -5.1% AH. Rival Altera (ALTR) -4% ahead of tomorrow's FQ1 report. (FQ4 results, PR)
- ServiceNow (NOW) expects Q2 revenue of $160M-$162M and full-year revenue of $652M-$657M, above consensus forecasts of $156.7M and $644.2M. Shares -1.6% AH. (Q1 results, PR)
Apr. 23, 2014, 5:38 PM
Apr. 23, 2014, 4:38 PM
- Xilinx, Inc. (XLNX): Q1 EPS of $0.53 misses by $0.02.
- Revenue of $617.82M (+16.1% Y/Y) beats by $6.08M.
Apr. 15, 2014, 5:42 PM
Apr. 3, 2014, 9:36 AM
- OpenTable (OPEN +3.2%) has been upgraded to Buy by Citi.
- Level 3 (LVLT -1.3%) has been cut to Hold by Gabelli.
- Altera (ALTR +1.2%) and Xilinx (XLNX +0.8%) have been started at Outperform by FBR. Separately, Piper has assumed coverage of Altera at Overweight, and Xilinx at Neutral.
- Telus (TU -1.2%) has been cut to Neutral by Macquarie. The carrier recently announced a CEO change.
Mar. 26, 2014, 2:15 PM
- Intel's (INTC -0.2%) foundry deal with Altera (ALTR -1.2%), first announced a year ago, has been expanded to include chip packages that combine Altera's next-gen Stratix 10 FPGAs (set to be manufactured using Intel's cutting-edge 14nm process) with DRAM, SRAM, ASICs, and other chips.
- Intel and Altera declare the packages will combine the density/integration benefits of its traditional 2.5D/3D chip-packaging approaches with "favorable economic metrics," and that Altera's Intel-manufactured FPGA chip dies will offer unmatched densities and component integration.
- Altera is counting on Intel's manufacturing expertise to give it an edge over archrival Xilinx (XLNX -0.8%), which continues to rely on TSMC (TSM +0.4%).
- TSMC also happens to be Altera's traditional foundry partner. Xilinx began shipping FPGAs based on the foundry's new 20nm process last fall.
- Intel has said it plans to be a "selective" foundry for 3rd-party chipmakers, one focused on higher-margin/value-add deals. In addition to Altera, the chip giant may have landed Cisco as a client.
Feb. 11, 2014, 9:49 AM
- Alcatel-Lucent (ALU -3.7%) has been cut to Equal Weight by Morgan Stanley four days after rallying in response to its Q4 report.
- CenturyLink (CTL +2.2%) has been upgraded to Outperform by Macquarie ahead of tomorrow's Q4 report.
- Sohu (SOHU -4.8%) has been cut to Underweight by Morgan Stanley a day after the company and subsidiary Changyou posted mixed Q4 results and offered weak Q1 guidance.
- Finisar (FNSR +3.9%) has been upgraded to Buy by Jefferies. Rivals JDS Uniphase and Oclaro have delivered market-pleasing earnings reports in recent weeks.
- Allscripts (MDRX +2.3%) has been upgraded to Buy by Maxim. Q4 results are due on Feb. 20.
- Xilinx (XLNX +1.6%) has been started at Buy by MKM.
Feb. 11, 2014, 8:03 AM
- Xilinx, Inc. (XLNX) declares $0.29/share quarterly dividend, 16% increase from prior dividend of $0.25.
- Forward yield 2.50%
- Payable June 4; for shareholders of record May 14; ex-div May 12.
Jan. 21, 2014, 5:46 PM
Jan. 21, 2014, 4:46 PM
- Xilinx (XLNX) shares are off 3.6% AH following the company's FQ3 report, which delivered a $13.6M top-line miss.
- Management guides for FQ4 revenue of $598.7M-$622.2M (+2%-6% sequentially) vs. analyst expectations ranging from $610M-$632M (average of $621.1M). Opex in FQ4 is seen at $226M.
- Revenue from 28nm products hit $100M during the quarter, driven by sales of Kintex-7 and the Zynq-7000 family (which more than doubled sequentially).
- Expansion in Asia-Pacific led the way, contributing 40% of revenue in FQ3 (up from 34% in FQ3 FY2013).
- PR, Conference call at 5pm ET
- Shares of Altera (ALTR) are off 0.6% AH in sympathy.
Jan. 21, 2014, 4:23 PM
- Xilinx, Inc. (XLNX): Q3 EPS of $0.55 beats by $0.01.
- Revenue of $587M (+15.1% Y/Y) misses by $13.61M.
- Shares -4.8%.
Jan. 21, 2014, 12:10 AM
Jan. 20, 2014, 5:35 PM
Jan. 15, 2014, 9:58 AM
- Intel (INTC +0.9%) has been upgraded to Outperform by BMO a day after JPMorgan upgraded shares to Overweight. Both moves come ahead of tomorrow's Q4 report.
- Cirrus Logic (CRUS -3.3%) has been cut to Underperform by Pac Crest ahead of its Jan. 28 FQ3 report.
- Fortinet (FTNT +2.3%) has been upgraded to Outperform by Wedbush two days after Morgan Stanley upped shares to Overweight. Q4 results are due on Jan. 29.
- Xilinx (XLNX +2%) has been upgraded to Overweight by Barclays ahead of its Jan. 21 FQ3 report. Rivals Altera (ALTR +1.3%) and QuickLogic (QUIK +4.3%) are also trading higher.
- Telefonica Brasil (VIV +0.9%) has been upgraded to Overweight by HSBC.
- Synnex (SNX +3.3%) has been upgraded to Buy by Citi six days after posting an FQ4 beat.
- Teradyne (TER +2%) has been upgraded to Outperform by Pac Crest ahead of its Jan. 22 Q4 report. Goldman declared shares a Conviction Buy yesterday.
Jan. 13, 2014, 3:32 PM
- "Options markets suggest this will be one of the most important earnings seasons in 10 years for stock pickers given low expected correlation and limited pre-positioning," says Goldman analyst John Marshall.
- "We expect outsized profitability for call buying strategies on single stocks this quarter," he adds, noting options markets are actually pricing in a lower earnings-day move than any time on record for the average stock. "We expect earnings surprises to spark unexpectedly large stock moves."
- The average earnings-day move last quarter was 3.5x as large as the average daily move, he says, greater than any other time in the past 17 years.
- Goldman analysts see above-consensus reports from KORS, RYL, TIF, EOG, PXD, WNR, BBT, BX, LAZ, STI, BMY, THC, CMI, DOW, STZ, ARUN, OLED, QCOM, and XLNX.
- Goldman's below the Street on ANN, IGT, MAT, COL, JOY, and MSFT.
Jan. 2, 2014, 9:42 AM
- Sprint (S -3%) has been cut to Market Perform by Cowen, and to Neutral by Macquarie, following a major run-up fueled in part by T-Mobile M&A hopes.
- T-Mobile (TMUS -1.5%), meanwhile, has been pulled from Goldman's Conviction Buy list. Its shares have taken off in response to reports Sprint and Dish are mulling bids.
- Xilinx (XLNX +1.1%) has been upgraded to Buy by Goldman, and rival Altera (ALTR -1.8%) has cut to Neutral.
- UniPixel (UNXL -4.4%) has been cut to Market Perform by Cowen following the departure of its CEO and COO.
- Intersil (ISIL -4.9%) has been cut to Underweight by Evercore.
- NXP (NXPI -4.3%) and ON Semi (ONNN -4.7%) have been cut to Neutral by Goldman, and fellow chipmaker Analog Devices (ADI -2.5%) has been cut to Sell. ADI has also been cut to Market Perform by Wells Fargo.
Xilinx, Inc. designs, develops and markets programmable devices and associated technologies, including: integrated circuits in the form of programmable logic devices, including programmable System on Chips and three dimensional ICs, or 3D ICs, software design tools to program the PLDs, targeted... More
Industry: Semiconductor - Specialized
Country: United States
Other News & PR