What's your position on ?
Why are you ish?
You voted ish on Vote again
Posts appear on the My Feed page of subscribers to this ticker
Mon, Jan. 4, 9:50 AM
- Fibrocell Science (FCSC -1.1%) and Intrexon (XON -3.3%) enter into an exclusive Channel Collaboration Agreement to research, develop and commercialize products to treat chronic inflammation and/or degenerative diseases of human joints based on fibroblasts genetically modified to secrete one or more proteins.
- Under the terms of the deal, Fibrocell will pay Intrexon a technology access fee of $10M, milestones up to $30.0M and $22.5M, respectively, low-double-digit royalties, 50% of all sublicensing revenue and full reimbursement of R&D costs related to the products. In exchange, it will receive a license to use Intrexon's proprietary technologies and other intellectual property to develop the products. Fibrocell will also be responsible for all clinical trials and regulatory filings/approvals.
Dec. 22, 2015, 9:16 AM
Dec. 22, 2015, 8:26 AM
- Intrexon (NYSE:XON) inks a research collaboration with Janssen Pharmaceutica NV (NYSE:JNJ) to discover and develop therapies to treat type 2 diabetes,obesity and/or metabolic disorders related to energy dysregulation based on Intrexon's ActoBiotics platform, in which food-grade microbes are engineered to generate biologically active therapeutics within the body. The platform enables the ability to selectively deliver biologics to the oral and gastrointestinal tract, representing a treatment advantage over injectables.
- Financial terms of the partnership are not disclosed.
Dec. 16, 2015, 8:24 AM
- Soligenix (OTCQB:SNGX) announces positive results from a Phase 2 clinical trial assessing SGX942 for the treatment of severe oral mucositis (OM) in patients undergoing chemoradiation therapy (CRT) for head and neck cancer.
- Patients receiving 1.5 mg/kg of SGX942, a synthetic peptide called an innate defense regulator that modulates the body's reaction to injury and infection, experienced a median reduction in the duration severe OM of 50% (18 days to nine days; p=0.099) while those undergoing the most aggressive CRT showed a median duration reduction of 67% (30 days to 10 days; p=0.040).
- The data will be submitted for publication and presentation at a future scientific conference.
- OM usually occurs in the mouth of patients undergoing anticancer therapies. It affects ~500K Americans or 40% of those receiving chemo and almost all head and neck cancer patients receiving chemoradiation.
- The FDA has designated SGX942 for Fast Track review for the indication.
- The company will host a conference call this morning at 9:00 am ET to discuss its recent clinical trial results and development milestones.
- OM-related tickers: (OTCPK:CTIX)(NASDAQ:AMAG)(NYSE:XON)(NYSEMKT:OGEN)(NASDAQ:SCMP)
Nov. 19, 2015, 3:25 PM
- The FDA issues its first approval for a genetically engineered (GE) food, AquaAdvantage Salmon grown by Maynard, MA-based AquaBounty Technologies, a majority-owned subsidiary of Intrexon (XON +4.5%). The company introduces a recombinant DNA construct into the fish which enables them to grow faster and reach market size more quickly.
- Based on its comprehensive review of the scientific evidence, the FDA determined that the GE salmon is nutritious and safe to consume with no biologically relevant differences in the nutritional profile of AquaAdvantage Salmon and other farm-raised Atlantic salmon.
- The approval applies to only two land-based hatcheries, one in Canada and the other in Panama. No AquaAdvantage Salmon are allowed to be bred and raised in the U.S.
- The agency regulates genetically engineered animals under the Federal Food, Drug and Cosmetic Act because the rDNA construct meets the definition of a drug.
- ETFs: KXI, IPS
- ETFs: GRX, IRY, IXJ, BME
Nov. 9, 2015, 4:27 PM
- Intrexon (NYSE:XON): Q3 EPS of -$0.34 misses by $0.13.
- Revenue of $53.4M (+151.9% Y/Y) beats by $12.56M.
Nov. 8, 2015, 5:35 PM
- AEGR, AMBC, APEI, APPS, APU, ASEI, ATW, BDE, BEAT, CALL, CARA, CHMI, CKEC, CZR, DEPO, DTSI, EGY, ENV, FF, GALE, HALO, HMIN, IFF, IPAR, JAZZ, JIVE, JMBA, KEYW, LEAF, LF, LGF, LGND, MDR, MODN, NOR, NSPH, OMER, OPK, PDM, PFIE, PINC, PSIX, PTCT, PTLA, PVA, QNST, RARE, RAX, RBCN, REN, REXX, RLD, RMTI, SB, SBRA, SCLN, SUNE, TERP, TPC, TTEC, TTGT, TUBE, TXTR, UGI, VSAT, WWD, XON, XONE, ZGNX
Oct. 21, 2015, 9:00 AM
- Micro cap Synthetic Biologics (NYSEMKT:SYN) is up 13% premarket on increased volume in response to its announcement that it has been awarded a $400K grant from the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation to evaluate the potential of its monoclonal antibody, hu1B7, to prevent pertussis (whooping cough) in non-human primates and to provide support for its potential clinical application.
- The company is working with collaboration partner Intrexon (NYSE:XON) and researchers at UT Austin to develop SYN-005, a combination of two humanized antibodies, including hu1B7, for the treatment of critically ill infants with pertussis. SYN-005 is designed to neutralize the pertussis toxin and reverse the course of the disease.
- A preventive treatment for pertussis is a significant unmet medical need considering that 300K people die each each year from the condition, primarily infants in their first four months of life. Administration of hu1B7 at birth has the potential to protect infants for four months and save thousands of lives each year.
Oct. 14, 2015, 9:13 AM
Oct. 9, 2015, 4:32 PM
- Oragenics (NYSEMKT:OGEN) and Intrexon (NYSE:XON) mutually agree to terminate their Exclusive Channel Collaboration (ECC) Agreement for the development and commercialization of probiotics that was signed on September 30, 2013.
- The action will enable Oragenics to focus its resources on its lantibiotic and mucositis programs, both covered under separate ECCs with Intrexon.
Sep. 25, 2015, 2:01 PM
- Conatus Pharmaceuticals (CNAT -3.4%) initiated with Buy rating and $15 (165% upside) price target by H.C. Wainwright.
- Vascular Biogenics (VBLT -5.5%) initiated with Buy rating and $25 (141% upside) price target by Chardan Capital.
- Adamas Pharmaceuticals (ADMS -5.4%) initiated with Buy rating and $29 (63% upside) price target by Aegis Capital.
- Aquinox Pharmaceuticals (AQXP -4.2%) initiated with Outperform rating and $26 (48% upside) price target by Leerink.
- Intrexon (XON -6.1%) initiated with Buy rating and $69 (66% upside) price target by Stifel.
- Galectin Therapeutics (GALT -2.6%) initiated with Buy rating and $7 (210% upside) price target by H.C. Wainwright.
- Infinity Pharmaceuticals (INFI -6.7%) upgraded to Overweight from Equal Weight by Morgan Stanley. Price target lowered to $13 (51% upside) from $15.
- Immunogen (IMGN -5.3%) downgraded to Underweight from Equal Weight by Morgan Stanley. Price target lowered to $9 (15% downside risk) from $10.
- Horizon Pharma (HZNP -3.3%) downgraded to Hold from Buy by Brean Capital. Price target removed.
Aug. 21, 2015, 11:20 AM| Aug. 21, 2015, 11:20 AM | 9 Comments
Aug. 21, 2015, 9:52 AM
- Intrexon (XON -1.7%) commences a public offering of common stock. Price, volume and terms have yet to be announced.
Aug. 12, 2015, 7:49 AM
- Intrexon (NYSE:XON) acquires UK-based Oxitec Limited for $80M in cash and $80M in XON common stock.
- Oxitec is a pioneer in using advanced genetics and molecular biology to control insect populations via the production of sterile, self-limiting insects whose offspring do not survive. Its main focus is controlling disease-propagating mosquitoes and pest-related crop damage.
- The transaction is expected to close later this year.
Aug. 11, 2015, 9:16 AM
Aug. 10, 2015, 4:34 PM
- Intrexon (NYSE:XON): Q2 EPS of $0.01 beats by $0.05.
- Revenue of $44.9M (+280.8% Y/Y) misses by $10.62M.
- Shares +1%.
Other News & PR