Mar. 7, 2014, 12:00 PM
- ExOne (XONE +2.1%) has bought MWT, a German maker of industrial microwaves, and the assets of Machin-A-Mation, a Michigan-based machining shop. Between them, the acquisitions cost $9.8M.
- The 3D printer maker says MWT's microwaves will be used to strengthen its sand printing offerings, and that Machina-A-Mation, located near an ExOne production service center focused on aerospace/shipbuilding clients, will help it "address the finishing requirements for complex parts which are cast from [ExOne's] 3D printed sand molds."
- MWT's microwave ops will be folded into ExOne's Augsburg, Germany manufacturing ops.
Nov. 5, 2013, 10:43 AM
- Rumors IBM is interested in buying 3D Systems (DDD +6.2%) for $90/share (a 28% premium to current levels) are helping the 3D printer vendor surge to new highs. Rivals Stratasys (SSYS +3.9% - also making new highs) and ExOne (XONE +5.5%) are also up strongly.
- Heavy short interests (I, II, III) are probably adding fuel to the fire.
Jun. 6, 2013, 2:23 PMA positive WSJ column about the 3D printing industry's potential could be helping printer makers (DDD, SSYS, XONE) rally. The paper notes GE's aviation unit prints fuel injectors and other combustion system components, Mattel uses 30 3D printers to prototype its toys, and Ford both prints auto part prototypes and "sees a future where customers will be able to print their own replacement parts." Also: the WSJ reports fast-growing 3D printer startup MakerBot is in buyout talks, and that recent VC funding talks valued the company at $300M. 3D Systems is fresh off raising $237M many think will be directed towards M&A. (ExOne coverage launch) | 9 Comments
XONE vs. ETF Alternatives
ExOne Co is a global provider of 3D printing machines & printed products to industrial customers. The Company's business consists of manufacturing & selling 3D printing machines & printing products to customers using its in-house 3D printing machines.
Other News & PR