Short XO Group - Growth Expectations Are Unrealistic
XO Group: This Is One Marriage You Want To Last
Short XO Group - Growth Expectations Are Unrealistic
Wed, May 4, 4:21 PM
Tue, May 3, 5:35 PM
- AGO, ALDW, ALIM, ALJ, ALL, ANDE, ARCW, AREX, ARRS, ATO, AUY, AWK, AWR, BNFT, BREW, BRKR, CB, CBPO, CCRN, CDI, CECO, CENT, CF, CLR, CODI, CONE, CPE, CPSI, CSII, CSOD, CTL, CTLT, CUZ, CW, CWST, CXO, CXW, DAC, DOX, DPM, DVA, ECR, EPM, EQC, EQIX, ES, ETE, ETP, EXEL, FEIC, FICO, FIT, FLT, FLTX, FNV, FOXA, FRPT, FRSH, FRT, GDDY, GDOT, GHDX, GIL, GPOR, GTY, HABT, HASI, HDP, HIL, HIVE, HOS, HR, HRTG, HUBS, IAC, INFI, IO, IRG, JONE, KHC, KND, KONA, KTOS, KW, LGCY, LHCG, LNC, LNT, LPI, LPSN, LXU, MAA, MASI, MATX, MCHP, MCK, MED, MET, MHLD, MNR, MRO, MTRX, MTW, MUR, NCMI, NLY, NVAX, OHI, OME, ORA, OREX, OSUR, PAA, PAGP, PDLI, PE, PEIX, PHH, PNNT, PRI, PRU, QRVO, QUIK, RICE, RIG, RLJ, RLYP, RP, RRTS, RST, RYN, SBY, SKUL, SQNM, SRC, SUN, SWM, SXL, SZYM, TASR, TCAP, TEAR, THG, TLLP, TPC, TPUB, TRIP, TROX, TSLA, TSLX, TSO, TWO, VECO, VNDA, VRNS, WBMD, WFM, WFT, WGL, WMB, WMGI, WPG, WPX, WTI, WTS, WTW, XEC, XOXO, YUME, ZNGA
Thu, Mar. 3, 4:17 PM
- Lifestyle media firm XO Group (NYSE:XOXO) posted Q4 results where it beat on top and bottom lines as solid growth in ad sales more than made up for the merchandise operations it exited in Q1 2015.
- The company runs brands for couples and parents including The Knot, The Bump, and The Nest. Revenue rose 2.8% on a headline basis; excluding the exited merchandise business, it rose 12%. A net GAAP loss per share of $0.09 was narrower than the prior year's loss of $0.16.
- Revenue breakout: National online advertising, $10.5M (up 21.5%); Local online advertising, $17.5M (up 13.9%); Transactions, $3.4M (up 73.3%); Publishing and other, $6.7M (down 16.8%).
- The company reiterated its long-term targets of double-digit revenue growth, gross margins of 90-95%, and EBITDA margins of at least 20%.
- Conference call to come at 4:30 p.m. ET.
- Press Release
Thu, Mar. 3, 4:04 PM
Wed, Mar. 2, 5:35 PM
Nov. 3, 2015, 5:48 PM
- XO Group (NYSE:XOXO) is off 1.1% after hours following Q3 earnings where it beat on top and bottom lines though revenue slipped 3.2% Y/Y.
- Merchandise provided a tough comp; excluding that business, which the company exited back in Q1, revenues rose 10.6% (Merchandise revenues last year were $4.5M). EBITDA of $7.3M beat an expected $5.4M as well.
- Net revenue breakout (continuing businesses): National online advertising, $8.7M (up 18.3%); Local online advertising, $16.4M (up 10.6%); Registry and commerce, $4.8M (up 40%); Publishing and other, $4.9M (down 16.7%).
- Cash and equivalents at quarter's end were $86.3M, compared to $85.6M the prior quarter.
- The company reiterated long-term financial targets of double-digit revenue growth, gross margins of 90-95% and adjusted EBITDA margins of at least 20%, but doesn't expect to meet these targets in 2015.
Nov. 3, 2015, 4:16 PM
- XO Group (NYSE:XOXO): Q3 EPS of $0.11 beats by $0.05.
- Revenue of $34.7M (-3.2% Y/Y) beats by $0.63M.
Nov. 2, 2015, 5:35 PM
- ACHC, AFG, AIV, AMSG, ASH, ATVI, AWR, BIO, BKH, CBPO, CBS, CERN, CHEF, CHUY, CIM, CKP, CSU, CSV, CVC, DAC, DENN, DHT, DK, DKL, DVA, DVN, ECYT, ENPH, ENSG, EPIQ, ETSY, EVRI, FANG, FARO, FIVN, FLTX, FMI, FOGO, GHDX, GMED, GRPN, HCI, HL, HLF, HRZN, IAG, IPHS, IRWD, ITRI, IVR, JCOM, KEG, LLNW, MPO, MTZ, MXL, MYGN, NFX, NYMT, OAS, OCLR, OESX, OFIX, OKE, OKS, ORA, PAA, PAGP, PAYC, PBPB, PKD, QUAD, REGI, RIGL, RLOC, RP, RPAI, RXN, SLW, SSNI, SUPN, TDW, TMH, TSLA, TSRA, TX, UNTD, USNA, VNDA, WBMD, WR, WTR, X, XEC, XOXO, XXIA, Y, ZAGG, ZEN, ZNGA
Aug. 6, 2015, 4:14 PM
- XO Group (NYSE:XOXO): Q2 EPS of $0.13 beats by $0.07.
- Revenue of $36.2M (-5.6% Y/Y) misses by $0.19M.
May 7, 2015, 4:14 PM
- XO Group (NYSE:XOXO): Q1 EPS of $0.07 beats by $0.08.
- Revenue of $32.60M (+0.6% Y/Y) misses by $0.46M.
Mar. 9, 2015, 5:15 PM
- Lifestyle media firm XO Group (NYSE:XOXO) is up 2.1% after hours, adding to gains of 5.3% today, as its Q4 net profit beat expectations for a net loss, and revenue grew in every segment and 14% in total to beat on the top line as well.
- The company lost $4M on a GAAP basis.
- Revenue by segment: National online advertising, $8.7M (up 37%); local online advertising, $15.3M (up 11.3%); registry services, $1.8M (up 18.4%); merchandise, $3.1M (up 2.3%); publishing and other, $8.1M (up 2.8%).
- Cash and equivalents of $90M at year's end, down from $90.7M the prior year.
- The shutdown of its wedding supplies fulfillment business is expected to be complete by the end of Q1.
- XO Group reiterated its November guidance of double-digit revenue growth, gross margins of 90%-95% and adjusted EBITDA margins of at least 20%.
Mar. 9, 2015, 4:24 PM
- XO Group (NYSE:XOXO): Q4 EPS of $0.06 beats by $0.08.
- Revenue of $37.1M (+13.9% Y/Y) beats by $2.95M.
Mar. 8, 2015, 5:35 PM
Jan. 26, 2015, 8:53 AM
- XO Group (NYSE:XOXO) will report Q4 results on Mar. 9 at 4.00 p.m. ET.
- The conference call is scheduled to begin at 4.30 p.m. ET.
- Consensus view is EPS of $0.01 on revenues of $34.15M.
Nov. 6, 2014, 4:38 PM
- XO Group (NYSE:XOXO): Q3 EPS of $0.09 beats by $0.10.
- Revenue of $35.85M (+5.5% Y/Y) beats by $1.12M.
- Shares +0.45%.
XO Group, Inc. operates as a consumer Internet and media company, which offers multiplatform media services to the wedding, pregnancy and parenting and nesting markets. The company was founded by David Liu and Carley Roney in May 1996 and is headquartered in New York, NY.
Industry: Internet Information Providers
Country: United States
Other News & PR