Short XO Group - Growth Expectations Are Unrealistic
XO Group: This Is One Marriage You Want To Last
Short XO Group - Growth Expectations Are Unrealistic
Wed, May 4, 4:21 PM
Tue, May 3, 5:35 PM
- AGO, ALDW, ALIM, ALJ, ALL, ANDE, ARCW, AREX, ARRS, ATO, AUY, AWK, AWR, BNFT, BREW, BRKR, CB, CBPO, CCRN, CDI, CECO, CENT, CF, CLR, CODI, CONE, CPE, CPSI, CSII, CSOD, CTL, CTLT, CUZ, CW, CWST, CXO, CXW, DAC, DOX, DPM, DVA, ECR, EPM, EQC, EQIX, ES, ETE, ETP, EXEL, FEIC, FICO, FIT, FLT, FLTX, FNV, FOXA, FRPT, FRSH, FRT, GDDY, GDOT, GHDX, GIL, GPOR, GTY, HABT, HASI, HDP, HIL, HIVE, HOS, HR, HRTG, HUBS, IAC, INFI, IO, IRG, JONE, KHC, KND, KONA, KTOS, KW, LGCY, LHCG, LNC, LNT, LPI, LPSN, LXU, MAA, MASI, MATX, MCHP, MCK, MED, MET, MHLD, MNR, MRO, MTRX, MTW, MUR, NCMI, NLY, NVAX, OHI, OME, ORA, OREX, OSUR, PAA, PAGP, PDLI, PE, PEIX, PHH, PNNT, PRI, PRU, QRVO, QUIK, RICE, RIG, RLJ, RLYP, RP, RRTS, RST, RYN, SBY, SKUL, SQNM, SRC, SUN, SWM, SXL, SZYM, TASR, TCAP, TEAR, THG, TLLP, TPC, TPUB, TRIP, TROX, TSLA, TSLX, TSO, TWO, VECO, VNDA, VRNS, WBMD, WFM, WFT, WGL, WMB, WMGI, WPG, WPX, WTI, WTS, WTW, XEC, XOXO, YUME, ZNGA
Thu, Mar. 3, 4:17 PM
- Lifestyle media firm XO Group (NYSE:XOXO) posted Q4 results where it beat on top and bottom lines as solid growth in ad sales more than made up for the merchandise operations it exited in Q1 2015.
- The company runs brands for couples and parents including The Knot, The Bump, and The Nest. Revenue rose 2.8% on a headline basis; excluding the exited merchandise business, it rose 12%. A net GAAP loss per share of $0.09 was narrower than the prior year's loss of $0.16.
- Revenue breakout: National online advertising, $10.5M (up 21.5%); Local online advertising, $17.5M (up 13.9%); Transactions, $3.4M (up 73.3%); Publishing and other, $6.7M (down 16.8%).
- The company reiterated its long-term targets of double-digit revenue growth, gross margins of 90-95%, and EBITDA margins of at least 20%.
- Conference call to come at 4:30 p.m. ET.
- Press Release
Thu, Mar. 3, 4:04 PM
Wed, Mar. 2, 5:35 PM
Mon, Jan. 4, 12:43 PM
- Lifestyle media firm XO Group (XOXO -3.5%) has got a new bull on board as Axiom and analyst Victor Anthony are launching coverage at Buy.
- Anthony has a price target of $21 on the stock -- 31% upside from last Thursday's close (and higher considering today's market downdraft).
- The stock rates as one of Axiom's "top SMID cap ideas" for 2016. Anthony thinks that in a rebounding advertising/commerce marketplace, XO Group will see multiple drivers including growth opportunities in local and national online advertising.
- A survey of local vendors shows high satisfaction, Axiom says, including willingness to take on price hikes.
- “Coming off an investment cycle and exit of underperforming assets, we see 390bps of adjusted EBITDA margin expansion from 2015 to 2017 and FCF per share growing at a 20% CAGR from 2015 to 2018,” Anthony writes.
Nov. 3, 2015, 5:48 PM
- XO Group (NYSE:XOXO) is off 1.1% after hours following Q3 earnings where it beat on top and bottom lines though revenue slipped 3.2% Y/Y.
- Merchandise provided a tough comp; excluding that business, which the company exited back in Q1, revenues rose 10.6% (Merchandise revenues last year were $4.5M). EBITDA of $7.3M beat an expected $5.4M as well.
- Net revenue breakout (continuing businesses): National online advertising, $8.7M (up 18.3%); Local online advertising, $16.4M (up 10.6%); Registry and commerce, $4.8M (up 40%); Publishing and other, $4.9M (down 16.7%).
- Cash and equivalents at quarter's end were $86.3M, compared to $85.6M the prior quarter.
- The company reiterated long-term financial targets of double-digit revenue growth, gross margins of 90-95% and adjusted EBITDA margins of at least 20%, but doesn't expect to meet these targets in 2015.
Nov. 3, 2015, 4:16 PM
- XO Group (NYSE:XOXO): Q3 EPS of $0.11 beats by $0.05.
- Revenue of $34.7M (-3.2% Y/Y) beats by $0.63M.
Nov. 2, 2015, 5:35 PM
- ACHC, AFG, AIV, AMSG, ASH, ATVI, AWR, BIO, BKH, CBPO, CBS, CERN, CHEF, CHUY, CIM, CKP, CSU, CSV, CVC, DAC, DENN, DHT, DK, DKL, DVA, DVN, ECYT, ENPH, ENSG, EPIQ, ETSY, EVRI, FANG, FARO, FIVN, FLTX, FMI, FOGO, GHDX, GMED, GRPN, HCI, HL, HLF, HRZN, IAG, IPHS, IRWD, ITRI, IVR, JCOM, KEG, LLNW, MPO, MTZ, MXL, MYGN, NFX, NYMT, OAS, OCLR, OESX, OFIX, OKE, OKS, ORA, PAA, PAGP, PAYC, PBPB, PKD, QUAD, REGI, RIGL, RLOC, RP, RPAI, RXN, SLW, SSNI, SUPN, TDW, TMH, TSLA, TSRA, TX, UNTD, USNA, VNDA, WBMD, WR, WTR, X, XEC, XOXO, XXIA, Y, ZAGG, ZEN, ZNGA
Oct. 2, 2015, 9:28 AM
- XO Group (NYSE:XOXO) is building on its wedding-related business with a couple of complementary deals.
- An acquisition of GigMasters helps the company expand the wedding-related marketplace it built around The Knot website, adding hundreds of thousands of local wedding pros and letting couples transact with bands, DJs, photographers and more.
- Meanwhile, it also made a strategic investment in Jetaport, to better aid couples in researching and booking hotel room blocks and attaining group discounts.
- The company's paying $8.5M in cash to acquire the rest of GigMasters; it owned 28% previously.
Aug. 6, 2015, 4:14 PM
- XO Group (NYSE:XOXO): Q2 EPS of $0.13 beats by $0.07.
- Revenue of $36.2M (-5.6% Y/Y) misses by $0.19M.
Jun. 26, 2015, 11:07 AM
- Shares of media firm XO Group (NYSE:XOXO), home of wedding-focused sites The Knot and Weddings.com, have gotten a boost this morning -- now up 1.9% after quickly rising as high as +3.9%, in the wake of the Supreme Court's ruling in favor of same-sex marriage.
- "As we celebrate the Supreme Court's decision to legalize marriage equality for the entire country, our study shows that LGBTQ couples are hosting intimate weddings, with a focus on the guest experience and lots of personalized details," says The Knot's site director Anja Winikka.
May 7, 2015, 4:14 PM
- XO Group (NYSE:XOXO): Q1 EPS of $0.07 beats by $0.08.
- Revenue of $32.60M (+0.6% Y/Y) misses by $0.46M.
Mar. 10, 2015, 2:59 PM
- XO Group (NYSE:XOXO) has added to yesterday's postmarket gains, up 8.5% following a Q4 earnings report where it grew revenues across the board and guided to continued double-digit sales growth.
- Stifel Nicolaus has upgraded the firm -- runner of wedding/pregnancy media brands including The Knot, The Bump, The Nest, and Weddings.com -- to Buy from Hold. They've set a $20 target, raising it from $15.43.
- Shares are currently trading at $16.75. Shares are up 14.3% over two days.
Mar. 10, 2015, 9:19 AM
Mar. 9, 2015, 5:15 PM
- Lifestyle media firm XO Group (NYSE:XOXO) is up 2.1% after hours, adding to gains of 5.3% today, as its Q4 net profit beat expectations for a net loss, and revenue grew in every segment and 14% in total to beat on the top line as well.
- The company lost $4M on a GAAP basis.
- Revenue by segment: National online advertising, $8.7M (up 37%); local online advertising, $15.3M (up 11.3%); registry services, $1.8M (up 18.4%); merchandise, $3.1M (up 2.3%); publishing and other, $8.1M (up 2.8%).
- Cash and equivalents of $90M at year's end, down from $90.7M the prior year.
- The shutdown of its wedding supplies fulfillment business is expected to be complete by the end of Q1.
- XO Group reiterated its November guidance of double-digit revenue growth, gross margins of 90%-95% and adjusted EBITDA margins of at least 20%.
XO Group, Inc. operates as a consumer Internet and media company, which offers multiplatform media services to the wedding, pregnancy and parenting and nesting markets. The company was founded by David Liu and Carley Roney in May 1996 and is headquartered in New York, NY.
Industry: Internet Information Providers
Country: United States
Other News & PR