Xerox Is Changing - One To Watch
Tal Davidson • 20 Comments
Tal Davidson • 20 Comments
Xerox: A Sick Dog With Too Many Fleas
John Zhang • 21 Comments
John Zhang • 21 Comments
Thu, Jul. 14, 11:19 PM
- Xerox (NYSE:XRX) has rejected a bid to merge its document business with R.R. Donnelley (NASDAQ:RRD), WSJ reports.
- XRX has attracted interest in potential deals since announcing plans in January to split into two businesses, and RRD, which also is in the process of breaking up, expressed interest in combining its operations with XRX’s remaining copier business, according to the report.
- XRX's board reportedly reviewed the proposal with its advisers before telling RRD today it was not interested, believing its own breakup plan is less risky.
Mon, Jul. 11, 4:43 PM
Mon, Feb. 22, 9:07 AM
- Epiq Systems (NASDAQ:EPIQ) +3.5% premarket following a Reuters report that the company is in new talks to sell itself, as a drop in the value of its shares has made it attractive to potential buyers.
- Xerox (NYSE:XRX) and privately-held legal process outsourcing firm DTI have made offers for Epiq worth $14-$16/share, and others are taking a look, according to the report.
- Epiq's largest shareholder, P2 Capital, made a $20/share bid for the company in early 2014 that was rejected by its board.
Aug. 24, 2015, 1:16 PM
- Xerox (XRX -3.4%) is acquiring RSA Medical, a provider of analytics-driven health assessment and risk management services (e.g. identifying medical conditions and other risk factors early on) for individuals interacting with health/life insurance firms. Terms are undisclosed.
- Xerox Healthcare Payer Services SVP Kelly Rakowski: "An estimated 16 million more Americans have health insurance under the Affordable Care Act - many for the first time. With this acquisition, we will help health plans educate new enrollees about services available to them and close gaps in care when necessary. We'll also provide payers with insights into population health trends, and coordinate timely and personal clinical interventions for at-risk individuals and populations."
- The company notes it already "works with some of the top nationally managed health plans, 12 of the largest Blue Cross Blue Shield plans, and the top pharmacy benefit managers, as well as several local and regional health plans." RSA CEO Rocco Salviola will report to Rakowski.
- Last December: Xerox sells IT outsourcing arm for $1.05B
Dec. 19, 2014, 1:51 AM
- Xerox (NYSE:XRX) has agreed to sell its IT outsourcing unit to French IT services firm Atos for $1.05B.
- "By divesting the slower-growing unit...Xerox can now focus on building up the faster-growing units, business process outsourcing and document outsourcing," said president of Xerox services business Robert Zapfel.
- Xerox also revised its adjusted earnings forecast of $0.28-$0.30 per share for the current quarter ending Dec. 31 from $0.30-$0.32 per share. Analysts were expecting a profit of $0.31.
- XRX +3.7% AH
May 6, 2014, 7:39 AM
- Xerox (XRX) is buying ISG Holdings, the parent of two companies - StrataCare and Bunch CareSolutions - that provider workers' compensation software and services for insurance industry clients, for $225M in cash.
- StrataCare provides medical bill review and claims management software/services, and Bunch's offerings cover bill review, claims, nurse care management, insurance network management, and analytics, among other things. Xerox asserts the companies strengthen its sizable existing workers' comp. solutions, such as those offered by its CompIQ unit.
- Xerox obtained 57% of its revenue from its services ops in Q1. The business has been faring a little better than its traditional printer/copier ops.
Apr. 8, 2014, 1:30 PM
- Xerox (XRX +1.1%) has bought Smart Data Consulting, a provider of e-discovery services (both hosted and on-site) to law firms and corporate legal departments, for an undisclosed sum.
- Smart Data already relies on Xerox's end-to-end Viewpoint e-discovery software platform. Xerox says the deal will strengthen its e-discovery "technical and process expertise," and also expands its manged review/collection abilities.
Dec. 18, 2013, 9:56 AM
- 3D Systems (DDD +0.2%) is acquiring a Xerox (XRX -0.5%) R&D group focused on solid ink engineering and product design for $32.5M in cash. The group is based out of Wilsonville, OR, and has 100+ engineers/contractors. (PR)
- 3D calls the deal an expansion of a partnership with Xerox that already gave birth to 3D's high-end ProJet printers. Xerox, the sole supplier of solid ink printing solutions, asserts the technology delivers better color print quality and produces far less waste than traditional color laser printing.
- 3D has already been paying attention to color quality. Two weeks ago, the company launched the ProJet 4500, which it calls the only "continuous-tone, full-color plastic 3D printer available on the market."
Aug. 13, 2013, 1:05 PM
- Xerox (XRX +3.1%) is acquiring CPAS Systems, a Canadian developer of pension administration and record-keeping software for private and public sector clients. Terms are undisclosed.
- Xerox states CPAS' software is used to manage pensions for 2M+ people worldwide. It'll be offered as both a standalone solution, and as part of Xerox's HR outsourcing services solutions.
- Much like Lexmark, Xerox has been busy trying to diversify away from a slumping printing/copying hardware business. Services made up 55% of Q2 revenue.
- Shares are rallying today thanks to an upgrade to Buy from Citi, which is upbeat about the potential for Obamacare to lift Xerox's healthcare-related sales.
Jun. 5, 2013, 9:09 AMXerox (XRX) buys Learn Something for an undisclosed amount in a deal which could give it an entry into the food, drug and health-care industries. The big picture: Xerox continues the long journey to re-invent itself as a services company after being a hardware giant for decades. | Jun. 5, 2013, 9:09 AM
Jul. 11, 2012, 8:31 AM
Xerox (XRX) announces it bought U.K. firm WDS for an undisclosed amount in a deal that will bring a cloud-based platform for the wireless industry under its umbrella.| Jul. 11, 2012, 8:31 AM
Xerox Corp. provides business process and document management solutions. It provides document technology, services, software and supplies for graphic communication and office printing environments of any size. Its operates through three segments: Services, Document Technology, and Other. The... More
Sector: Consumer Goods
Industry: Business Equipment
Country: United States