Xylem May Yet Be Better Than It Seems
Stephen Simpson, CFA
Stephen Simpson, CFA
Tue, Nov. 1, 6:57 AM
Mon, Oct. 31, 5:30 PM
- ADPT, AEP, AHH, ALLT, AME, AMRC, ANGI, APLP, ARRY, AUDC, AVA, AYR, BKD, BP, CIE, CMI, CNX, COH, CRCM, DHX, DIN, DISCA, DX, ECL, EGL, EIGI, EMR, ETN, EVHC, FCH, FDP, FIS, FSS, GHM, GK, GLT, GWR, HCP, HRS, HSKA, HW, HZO, ICE, IDXX, INCY, IRM, K, KEM, LXRX, LYB, MCRN, MDC, MLM, MOS, MSM, NI, NSP, OSK, OXY, PBI, PES, PFE, PPL, PRTS, RDC, RDS.A, RDWR, RHP, SAH, SALE, SCAI, SHOO, SHPG, SNE, SPR, SUI, TAP, TRI, WCG, WLB, WNR, WNRL, XYL
Thu, Oct. 13, 4:40 PM
Wed, Aug. 17, 5:39 PM
Mon, Aug. 15, 7:55 AM
- Xylem (NYSE:XYL) agrees to acquire smart meter company Sensus for ~$1.7B in cash, confirming an earlier report.
- Sensus, owned by investment funds affiliated with Jordan Co. and GS Capital Partners 2000, provides smart meters, network technologies and data analytics services for the water, electric and gas industries.
- Sensus generated $837M in FY 2016 (ended March 31), and XYL expects the deal to be accretive to earnings in 2017.
Mon, Aug. 15, 6:46 AM
- M&A activity is kicking off the headlines this week with an array of deals expected to be announced shortly.
- Among them: Mid-America Apartment (NYSE:MAA)- Post Properties (NYSE:PPS), Sharp (OTCPK:SHCAY)- Foxconn (OTC:FXCOF), Honeywell (NYSE:HON)- JDA Software, Xylem (NYSE:XYL)- Sensus USA and KKR- Entertainment One (OTC:ENTMF).
- The technology sector is still leading the global M&A market in 2016, but the real estate segment is not far behind.
- Will 2016 outpace 2015's record in terms of acquisitions and deal value?
Mon, Aug. 15, 2:54 AM
- Looking to become a major player in the smart meter market, Xylem (NYSE:XYL) is nearing a deal to acquire Sensus USA for around $1.7B, including debt, according to Reuters.
- The acquisition comes at a time when regulatory requirements and a drive for savings are pushing both companies and consumers to tightly control their water and energy consumption.
Tue, Aug. 2, 6:57 AM
Mon, Aug. 1, 5:30 PM
- ABC, ACCO, ADM, AET, AFSI, ALLT, ARW, AVP, BOFI, CAH, CARB, CEQP, CHH, CIE, CMI, CPPL, CSTM, CVS, DISCA, ECL, EIGI, EMR, ENOC, EPC, ETN, ETR, EXPD, FDP, GEO, GLT, GNRC, H, HCLP, HCN, HEP, HMC, HRS, HW, IDCC, IDXX, IIVI, IPI, IQNT, JLL, MLM, MMP, MNK, MOS, MZOR, NI, NJR, NNN, NRZ, NS, NWN, OZM, PBI, PFE, PG, PNW, RCL, RDC, RHP, SABR, SALE, SCAI, SHOO, SHPG, SODA, STX, SUI, TAP, TDC, VG, VSH, WCG, WNR, WNRL, XYL, ZEUS
Mon, Jun. 27, 11:16 AM
- The outperformance of low-P/E stocks that marked H1 is behind us, says RBC's Jonathan Golub, and it's time for the "Stable Growers" to re-asset leadership. He cautions about putting money to work too quickly though, noting the pullback so far has been limited.
- His list of Stable Growers (page 1, page 2): CHD, CL, CVS, K, MO, PEP, PG, PM, BCR, BDX, DGX, DVA, HSIC, JNJ, LH, MDT, SYK, TMO, UNH, ZBH, AFL, AON, MMC, TMK, CTAS, DHR, HON, ITW, LMT, MMM, NLSN, RSG, RTN, UPS, VRSK, WM, XYL, CMCSA, MCD, OMC, ADP, APH, EMC, MA, T, VZ, ECL, PX
Thu, May 12, 6:05 PM
- Xylem (NYSE:XYL) declares $0.1549/share quarterly dividend, in line with previous.
- Forward yield 1.43%
- Payable June 22; for shareholders of record May 25; ex-div May 23.
Tue, May 3, 6:58 AM
- Xylem (NYSE:XYL): Q1 EPS of $0.35 beats by $0.01.
- Revenue of $847M (+1.2% Y/Y) beats by $14.08M.
Mon, May 2, 5:30 PM
- ABMD, ACW, ADM, AFSI, ALE, ALLT, AMAG, AMG, APLP, AROC, ARRY, ARW, AUDC, BBW, BCC, BCO, CARB, CEQP, CFX, CIE, CLX, CMI, COTY, CVLT, CVS, DUK, ECA, ECL, EIGI, EL, EMR, EXAS, FDP, FIS, FMS, FSS, FTR, GLDD, GLT, GRUB, H, HAL, HCA, HCN, HEP, HOT, HRS, HSIC, HW, KEM, KMT, LXRX, MNK, MNTA, MYL, NI, NTI, NWN, NXST, NYT, OZM, PBI, PFE, Q, RDWR, RHP, RRD, S, SALE, SALT, SGNT, SMG, SSH, TAP, TECH, TICC, VLO, VMC, VSH, WAC, WCG, WEC, WLK, WNR, WNRL, WWW, XYL
Mon, Apr. 18, 10:11 AM
- Oppenheimer lifts its price target on Xylem (XYL +0.6%) to $46 from $41, while maintaining its Outperform rating on the stock.
- "Recent valuation re-rating is rational, in our view, given its standing as a water pure-play, visible organic growth acceleration potential, margin expansion runway, and prospects for accretive M&A," the firm wrote in a note, stating the company's shares will hold their current multiple, riding a double-digit earnings growth trajectory.
- Now read Xylem May Yet Be Better Than It Seems
Mon, Apr. 11, 8:09 AM
- Wedbush downgrades Xylem (NYSE:XYL) from Outperform to Neutral citing valuation, but maintained its $41 price target on the stock.
- Now read Xylem: Scarce Water Resources Should Encourage Capital Investment
Tue, Apr. 5, 10:49 AM
- Xylem (XYL +0.7%) has been upgraded to Buy from Neutral at Sterne Agee.
- "After a deep dive on Xylem's public utility markets, we think organic revenue growth is poised to accelerate above Street expectations...Additionally, M&A could add $30 in share value and ultimately the firm sees $5 in earnings power and a $100 stock over the next five years."
- The firm also upped its price target on the stock to $52 from $37.
- Now read 2 Stocks For Tapping The Thirst For Fresh Water Profits