Alleghany Partnership With Laredo: Enhanced Returns From Oil
Thu, May 5, 4:46 PM
Thu, May 5, 4:46 PM
Wed, May 4, 5:35 PM
- ABCO, ABTL, ACAD, ACET, AHS, AHT, AIRM, AL, ALEX, AMBR, AMH, ANET, APLE, ASYS, ATHX, ATVI, ATW, BBG, BCEI, BIO, BIOS, BLDR, BOJA, CAA, CARA, CERN, CINR, CLNE, CLVS, CMLS, CPA, CTRL, CYBR, CZR, DATA, DCT, DEPO, DIOD, DK, DKL, DV, DWA, EBS, ECOM, ED, EFC, EGAN, EGL, EGN, EGY, ELON, ENDP, ENV, EOG, ERII, ESL, EVC, EVDY, EVHC, FCE.A, FEYE, FISV, FLR, FPRX, FTD, GBDC, GEOS, GERN, GPRO, GSAT, GST, GUID, GXP, HLF, HTGC, ICPT, IMMR, IMPV, INAP, JCOM, LADR, LOCO, MAIN, MCHX, MDR, MDRX, MDVN, MELI, MHK, MITT, MNTX, MRIN, MSI, MTD, MTZ, NBIX, NGVC, NSTG, NWSA, OLED, OMED, OUT, OVAS, PACD, PCTY, PEGA, PETX, PKI, PMT, POST, PRSS, PTCT, PTLA, QLGC, RPTP, RRMS, RWT, SAAS, SEM, SEMG, SNCR, SPPI, SPWR, SPXC, SQ, SSNC, SWIR, TCRD, TEAM, TRMR, TRUE, TRQ, TRUP, TSRO, TWOU, UBNT, UEPS, UNXL, WAGE, WAIR, WEB, WIFI, WING, XNPT, Y, YELP
Tue, Feb. 23, 4:41 PM
Mon, Feb. 22, 5:35 PM
- ABCO, ALDR, ARC, ATRC, BBRG, BNFT, CAR, CONE, CPRT, CVG, CZR, DWA, DXCM, DY, EHTH, EIX, ENPH, ETSY, EXAM, EXR, FIVN, FMI, FSLR, GNMK, HAWK, HCKT, HLS, INFI, JAZZ, JBT, KRA, MASI, MATX, MSA, NYMT, ORA, PEI, PLKI, PRA, PRSS, PZZA, ROIC, RP, RUBI, SF, SLCA, SM, TGB, TROX, TTPH, TX, UCTT, VRSK, WBMD, WMGI, WTR, XXIA, Y
Nov. 3, 2015, 4:56 PM
- Alleghany (NYSE:Y): Q3 EPS of $7.03 beats by $0.62.
- Revenue of $1.19B (-11.9% Y/Y) beats by $50M.
Nov. 2, 2015, 5:35 PM
- ACHC, AFG, AIV, AMSG, ASH, ATVI, AWR, BIO, BKH, CBPO, CBS, CERN, CHEF, CHUY, CIM, CKP, CSU, CSV, CVC, DAC, DENN, DHT, DK, DKL, DVA, DVN, ECYT, ENPH, ENSG, EPIQ, ETSY, EVRI, FANG, FARO, FIVN, FLTX, FMI, FOGO, GHDX, GMED, GRPN, HCI, HL, HLF, HRZN, IAG, IPHS, IRWD, ITRI, IVR, JCOM, KEG, LLNW, MPO, MTZ, MXL, MYGN, NFX, NYMT, OAS, OCLR, OESX, OFIX, OKE, OKS, ORA, PAA, PAGP, PAYC, PBPB, PKD, QUAD, REGI, RIGL, RLOC, RP, RPAI, RXN, SLW, SSNI, SUPN, TDW, TMH, TSLA, TSRA, TX, UNTD, USNA, VNDA, WBMD, WR, WTR, X, XEC, XOXO, XXIA, Y, ZAGG, ZEN, ZNGA
Aug. 4, 2015, 5:12 PM
- Alleghany (NYSE:Y): Q2 EPS of $8.19 beats by $0.66.
- Revenue of $1.3B (+0.8% Y/Y) beats by $170M.
Feb. 24, 2015, 4:18 PM
- Alleghany (NYSE:Y): Q4 EPS of $8.61 beats by $0.25.
Nov. 3, 2014, 4:24 PM
- Alleghany (NYSE:Y): Q3 EPS of $11.40 beats by $3.80.
- Revenue of $1.35B (+14.4% Y/Y) beats by $290M.
Aug. 4, 2014, 4:19 PM
- Alleghany (NYSE:Y): Q2 EPS of $9.06 beats by $1.35.
- Revenue of $1.1B (+2.8% Y/Y) beats by $30M.
Aug. 3, 2014, 5:35 PM
- ACLS, ACXM, AEIS, AIG, ANV, APL, AREX, BRS, CAR, CHGG, CKEC, CKP, CNQR, CRK, CUTR, DRC, ECOM, ELNK, ENH, EOX, EPAM, GTAT, ININ, IRWD, JMBA, KAMN, KONA, LF, LLNW, LMNS, MCEP, MDR, MRO, MWA, NLS, OGS, OTTR, PHH, PL, PLOW, PXD, QLYS, REGI, ROSE, RP, RTEC, SALE, SNHY, THC, TNET, TNET, TSRA, TXRH, VNO, VNR, VVC, WAGE, Y
May 5, 2014, 6:38 PM
- Alleghany (Y): Q1 EPS of $12.28 beats by $4.26.
- Revenue of $1.05B (-2% Y/Y) misses by $0.02B.
May 5, 2014, 4:59 PM
- Book value per share of $431.07 is up 4.4% from the end of 2013 and compares to today's closing stock price of $415.92, allowing investors to get a piece of this compounding machine at just 96% of book.
- Insurance operation combined ratio of 89%, with RSUI reporting an 81.9% combined ratio and gross premiums written growth of 5.8%.
- Alleghany (Y) CEO Weston Hicks: “Our investment strategy remains focused on balancing interest rate risk through the combination of an intermediate duration fixed income portfolio and a common equity securities portfolio."
- Net investment income of $110.6M. Excluding the impact of Homesite (sold on 12/31) NII up 13.6%.
- 242,608 shares repurchased during Q1 at an average price of $390.10 each. $147.3M remains on repurchase authorization. Float is about 16.5M shares.
- Financial supplement
Feb. 26, 2014, 5:35 PM
- AHT, AIRM, AL, ALIM, AMRN, APEI, ARNA, ATLS, AVD, BAGL, BCEI, BID, BIO, CEMP, CHUY, CLNE, CRM, DCO, DECK, ELGX, EPR, EVC, GPS, HALO, HTGC, KBR, KOG, LINE, MDVN, MELI, MENT, MNST, MTZ, NGD, NMBL, NOG, OLED, OVTI, PKT, PODD, REGI, ROST, SD, SFM, SLXP, SPLK, SPNC, SQNM, SWN, TESO, TUMI, UHS, WES, WG, WTR, XTEX, YOKU
Alleghany Corp. provides property, casualty reinsurance, insurance and financial services. It owns and manages operating subsidiaries and investments, anchored by a core position in property and casualty reinsurance and insurance. The company operates its business through two segments:... More
Industry: Property & Casualty Insurance
Country: United States
Other News & PR