Despite Significant Drop, Yandex Shares Remain Overvalued
Devin D'Angelo • 28 Comments
Devin D'Angelo • 28 Comments
Fri, Nov. 25, 1:04 PM
- Zvooq, a music streaming service operating in Russia and the CIS, issues dispute with Yandex (NASDAQ:YNDX) over the latter's hiring of select staff employed by the former, alleging unfair competition and breach of an NDA claimed to be in place between the two parties. The NDA had been reportedly arranged consequent Yandex expressing interest regarding potential investment in Zvooq earlier this year.
- Zvooq: "Yandex’s actions are unacceptable, and should not be left unpunished, because they illustrate to the world that Russia is a country with a yet immature business culture with high risks for investors. As far as I know, we are not the only ones who have experienced this behavior by Yandex — and we want to put a stop to it, in order to prevent devastating consequences of further bad business practices for the industry on the whole."
- Yandex, responding to TechCrunch inquiry: "We were quite surprised to have been notified of this court case. An agreement with Zvooq was never violated as there was no solicitation on our part. Their rhetoric over the past few days does not reflect the reality of the situation. We are sure of our legal position and will defend it in court. Due to confidentiality, we cannot offer any more details on our relations with Zvooq."
- Zvooq's statements were formally filed in Cyprus, where the company is legally based.
Thu, Oct. 27, 9:14 AM
Thu, Oct. 27, 6:04 AM
Wed, Oct. 26, 5:30 PM
- ABB, ABMD, ACOR, AET, ALLE, ALV, ALXN, AMT, APD, ASPS, AUO, AVT, AXTA, BBW, BC, BCOR, BGCP, BMS, BMY, BWA, BX, CBG, CCMP, CELG, CFX, CHH, CL, CLF, CMC, CME, CMS, COLB, COP, COR, CRI, CRR, CRS, CVE, CVI, CVRR, CWT, CYS, DFT, DLX, DOW, DPS, EME, EPD, EQGP, EQM, EQT, EXLS, F, FCFS, FCN, FMS, GCI, GLOP, GNC, GOV, GTLS, HCA, HEES, I, IDA, IDCC, IP, IPGP, IRDM, IVZ, LANC, LAZ, LKQ, LLL, MD, MDP, MDXG, MHO, MJN, MO, MPC, MPLX, MSCI, MTH, MTRN, NEWM, NMR, NOK, NOV, NTCT, ODFL, ORI, PATK, PENN, PF, PJC, POT, PRLB, PTEN, PX, QSII, RDN, RGS, ROCK, RTN, SCG, SEE, SFE, SILC, SIRI, SMP, SQNS, SRPT, STM, SUP, SWK, TCK, TDC, TFX, THRM, TKR, TMO, TPH, TPX, TREE, TROW, TUES, TWTR, TZOO, UAN, UFS, UPS, UTHR, VC, VLP, WCC, WEX, WST, WWE, XEL, XRS, YNDX
Wed, Oct. 12, 5:35 PM
Wed, Aug. 24, 11:48 AM
- Yandex (YNDX -0.5%) will reportedly provide maps, real-time traffic data services and internet browsers to some Russian-market Camry models.
- Head of geolocation services at Yandex, Andrey Strelkov: “Cars are set to become the new generation of connected devices, and we are seeking to stake out claim to this market that should be worth billions of dollars in the future."
- Yandex had last year entered into a similar arrangement with Honda Motor Co. and announced today it would also offer technology to Russian vehicle-manufacturer KamAZ PJSC.
Tue, Aug. 23, 11:22 AM
- Uber (Private:UBER) is the most used taxi app on Android devices in 108 countries out of 171 surveyed. The data shows strong positions within North America, Europe, Africa, Australia and South America.
- The report notes 21% of U.S. based Android devices have the company's app installed (vs. 3% for Lyft).
- Asia, however, continues to be a region of deficiency, with Uber earlier this month capitulating to Didi Chuxing in China. Ola (Private:OLAC), Grab (Private:GRAB), Yandex Taxi (NASDAQ:YNDX) and Careem come in ahead of Uber on the Android data in India, Southeast Asia, Russia and the Middle East, respectively.
- Global infographic
- Asia infographic
Thu, Jul. 28, 9:16 AM
- Gainers: EVOK +31%. GRPN +29%. OCN +25%. ALR +20%. N +18%. ESI +15%. TPX +15%. GRUB +13%. LOGI +13%. VSTM +12%. CRUS +11%. ASPS +11%. CHCI +11%. EBIO +11%. AXTI +11%. VNR +9%. SPHS +9%. VGZ +8%. KONA +7%. CLF +6%. ARIA 6%. SPU 5%. YNDX 5%.
- Losers: INFN -32%. ARGS -18%. AVXL -10%. IVTY -10%. F -8%. CIEN -8%. CBD -8%. XCOM -7%. EXAS -6%. WFM -5%.
Thu, Jul. 28, 6:07 AM
Wed, Jul. 27, 5:30 PM
- AB, ABMD, ACIW, ACOR, ADP, AEP, ALKS, ALLE, ALXN, AMT, APD, ARIA, AZN, BC, BCC, BCO, BCOR, BEN, BG, BGCP, BHI, BMS, BMY, BSX, BWA, BWEN, BZH, CAB, CBG, CBM, CELG, CFX, CIT, CL, CLF, CLFD, CME, CMS, COMM, COP, COR, CRR, CRS, CS, CSH, CVI, CVRR, CWT, DBD, DFT, DLX, DOW, DSX, EME, EPD, EQM, EQT, EXLS, F, FCFS, FCN, FI, FIG, FITB, FLY, FSS, GLOP, GNC, GOV, GPI, GPN, GRUB, GTLS, HCA, HEES, HOG, HP, HSY, HTH, IART, IDA, IGT, INCR, INGR, IP, IPGP, IRDM, ITC, ITG, IVC, IVZ, KEM, LAD, LAZ, LDOS, LEA, LKQ, LLL, LPG, MA, MCS, MD, MDP, MDWD, MINI, MITK, MJN, MKTX, MMC, MNRO, MPC, MPLX, MSCI, MTH, MTRN, MVIS, NAP, NEWM, NICE, NMR, NOV, NTCT, NYT, OAK, ODFL, ORI, OSK, PAG, PCG, PES, PF, PJC, PNR, POT, PRLB, PTEN, PX, RDN, RDS.A, RPM, RTN, SCG, SEE, SERV, SFE, SPB, SPGI, SQBG, SQNS, STNG, SXC, SXCP, TCK, TFX, TGI, THRM, TKR, TMO, TPX, TREE, TRI, TZOO, UAN, UBSI, UTHR, VC, VGR, VIVO, VNTV, WCC, WILN, WRLD, WST, WWE, YNDX, ZBH
Wed, Jun. 29, 5:38 PM
Tue, May 31, 5:37 PM
Thu, Apr. 28, 11:03 AM
- Yandex (NASDAQ:YNDX) is up 8.5% to a new 52-week high after the Russian search engine soundly beat expectations in its Q1 earnings report and boosted its 2016 revenue outlook.
- Revenues grew 34%, and adjusted EBITDA of 5.8B rubles (about $85.3M) was up 62% and beat an expected 4.57B rubles. Of 16.47B rubles in revenues, ex-traffic acquisition revenues were up 36% to 13.08B rubles.
- The company sees revenue growing in the 15-19% range in 2016, up from a previous forecast of 12-18% growth.
- By segment: Yandex websites ad revenues, $11.4B rubles (up 27%); Advertising network revenues, 4.43B rubles (up 43%); other, 641M rubles (up 132%).
- Its share of Russian search grew to 57.6% from Q4's 57.3% (including mobile), according to LiveInternet, and queries overall were up 7% Y/Y.
- Cash and equivalents along with term deposits and short-term investments in debt securities came to 60.5B rubles (about $895.1M) as of quarter's end.
- Now read It's Better To Buy Shares Of Baidu Than Of Yandex »
Thu, Apr. 28, 9:16 AM| Thu, Apr. 28, 9:16 AM
Thu, Apr. 28, 6:09 AM
- Yandex (NASDAQ:YNDX): Q1 EPS of RUB3.31 may not be comparable to consensus of RUB6.29.
- Revenue of RUB16.47B (+33.5% Y/Y) beats by RUB1.29B.
Wed, Apr. 27, 5:30 PM
- AB, ABBV, ACOR, ADP, AEP, AET, AIT, ALKS, ALLE, ALXN, AME, APD, ASPS, AUO, AVT, AXTA, BC, BCOR, BG, BLL, BMS, BMY, BOFI, BWA, BWEN, BXLT, BZH, CAB, CAH, CBG, CCE, CELG, CHTR, CIT, CL, CLF, CLFD, CME, CMS, COMM, COP, COR, CRCM, CRI, CRR, CSH, CVI, CVRR, CWT, CY, DBD, DFT, DLX, DNKN, DOW, DPZ, EME, EPD, EQM, EQT, F, FCFS, FCN, GEO, GLOP, GNC, GOV, GTLS, GWR, HAR, HEES, HHS, HMC, HUN, I, IDA, IDCC, INGR, INSY, INT, IPGP, IQNT, IRDM, IRM, ITC, ITCI, IVC, IVZ, KERX, LANC, LBY, LKQ, LVLT, MA, MD, MDP, MHO, MINI, MITK, MJN, MMC, MO, MPC, MPLX, MSCI, MTH, NEE, NEWM, NOV, OAK, ODFL, ORI, OSK, PF, PJC, POT, PPL, PRLB, PTEN, QSR, RGS, RTIX, RTN, RUTH, SABR, SCG, SEE, SFE, SIRI, SNAK, SNE, SPB, SPIL, SQNS, TFX, THRM, TMO, TOWR, TPX, TWC, TZOO, UAN, UBSI, UFS, UPS, UTHR, VA, VAC, VC, VIAB, VIVO, WCC, WM, WNS, WST, XRS, YNDX, ZBH