Tue, Nov. 24, 9:26 AM
- You On Demand (NASDAQ:YOD) is up 9.6% premarket after confirming a definitive deal for a strategic investment from Bruno Wu's Sun Seven Stars Media Group.
- Sun Seven Stars had proposed a strategic investment of $10M at $2.20/share, in a plan that included loans for operations as well as non-exclusive content rights for more than 3,100 hours of content.
- The deal is unanimously approved by both boards and is set to close in December; You On Demand's largest shareholders have pledged to vote in favor.
- YOD was trading at $2.29/share premarket.
- Previously: You On Demand +7.4% after strategic investment from Sun Seven Stars (Nov. 16 2015)
Mon, Nov. 16, 9:27 AM
- You On Demand (NASDAQ:YOD) is up 7.4% premarket following Q3 results where it swung to a wider loss on lower revenues, but also announced it received a strategic investment proposal from investing conglomerate Sun Seven Stars.
- Revenues fell by 26%, accounting for a $196K increase in gross loss. SG&A expenses dropped slightly and net loss rose to $2.34M from a year-ago $2.12M.
- Sun Seven Stars Media Group, founded by Bruno Wu, has offered to make a strategic cash investment of $10M at $2.20/share, an 8.4% premium over Friday's close of $2.03.
- The plan includes loans for operations and a non-exclusive right to more than 3,100 hours of content (valued at about $29.1M) in exchange for stock at $3.16/share, as well as selling YOD a branded pay content service.
- Press Release
Thu, Nov. 12, 12:57 PM
- Chinese video provider You On Demand (NASDAQ:YOD) is up 2% after announcing an exclusive partnership with Ai Shang Media, the IPTV entity of China Network Television -- sole national broadcast controller of the entire country's IPTV platforms.
- The deal will see YOD and Ai Shang providing Hollywood film content to China's IPTV users, and YOD will have right of refusal on all movie content distribution.
- "This deal is particularly significant to YOD on multiple levels," says CEO Weicheng Liu. "First, it makes You On Demand the exclusive gatekeeper of Hollywood movie content to potentially 40+ million IPTV users. Second, it provides YOD, in addition to the typical SVOD and TVOD revenue split, a separate and additional recurring revenue that will be tied to its heavy involvement in CHINA IPTV operations and marketing and how those engines drive CHINA IPTV growth and expansion."
Thu, Aug. 13, 11:43 AM
- You On Demand (NASDAQ:YOD) is trading up 4.8% now, after its Q2 report where losses widened Y/Y, but six-month revenue has surpassed all of 2014's.
- Revenue of $1.48M was up 44% sequentially and resulted in gross profit of $651K. Net loss widened to $1.3M from the prior year's $1.09M, chiefly due to the change of fair value in warrant liabilities.
- Revenue grew primarily due to growth in video streaming on mobile and OTT platforms.
- Cash and equivalents at quarter's end were $6.9M.
- Press Release
Thu, Jun. 18, 9:47 AM
- Chinese VOD provider You On Demand (YOD -2.6%) is expanding its partnership with Dr. Peng Group's Beijing Hiveview, to closer tie together the two firms' services.
- Hiveview makes the Domy Box, an over-the-top set-top box, and the Domy Smart TV. The new deal will bundle a year or two of YOU Hollywood service with the first 2M purchases of the newest Domy Box, and the first 200K purchases of the new Smart TV.
- With the fee for the service incorporated in the hardware price, You On Demand will be paid by Hiveview, which expects 3M Domy Box users and 500K Smart TV users by the end of the year.
Thu, May 14, 11:03 AM
- VOD service provider YOU On Demand (NASDAQ:YOD) is down 2.7% after a first quarter with a narrower net loss that amounted to $2.92M.
- Revenue of $1.03M was up 636% Y/Y but down sequentially 3%, which the company attributed to Chinese New Year seasonality and revenues that will be recognized in Q2.
- Gross loss of about $15K, down from a year-ago loss of $738K, primarily due to the sevenfold increase in revenue against a number of fixed costs.
- The company substantially cut net interest expense (to $28.3K from $2.29M). Cash and equivalents of $8.4M at quarter's end.
- CEO Weicheng Liu expects revenue from three new provincial IPTV platform deals to be realized in coming quarters.
- Press Release
Mon, Mar. 30, 8:45 AM
- YOU On Demand (NASDAQ:YOD) is off 15.3% premarket after posting a wider loss per share in 2014, but finishing with revenue strength in Q4 (up 536% Y/Y and up 55% sequentially).
- Gross loss for 2014 of $794K was down from $2.8M in 2013 primarily due to the revenue gains coming from video on demand.
- Net loss from continuing operations was $13M, comparable to the prior year's $13.1M.
- CFO Marc Urbach is resigning effective tomorrow as part of the company's plans to re-center personnel in Beijing, and will work over the coming six months to help the firm seek a China-based CFO. Finance VP Grace He will take over day-to-day duties.
- Cash and equivalents at year's end were about $10.8M, up from $3.8M at 2013's end. The company said on its conference call that cash burn is about $2M/quarter.
- Press release
Wed, Mar. 18, 9:34 AM
- Chinese mobile video firm YOU On Demand (NASDAQ:YOD) has opened up 10% as it seals a distribution deal with Galaxy Internet Television -- its second deal with an over-the-top platform operator.
- The firm will deliver its YOU Hollywood service to Galaxy users on smart TVs and streaming devices in two provinces starting in April.
- YOU On Demand reports earnings March 30.
Wed, Mar. 18, 9:12 AM
Tue, Feb. 3, 2:06 PM
- Chinese video provider You On Demand (NASDAQ:YOD) is 9.4% lower today, giving back some of yesterday's 20% gain in the wake of a licensing agreement with Twenty-First Century Fox.
- One analyst (Chardan Capital) has coverage on YOD and rates it a Buy, but lowered its price target in November to $8. YOD currently trades at $2.23.
Mon, Feb. 2, 12:49 PM
Mon, Feb. 2, 9:34 AM
- You on Demand (NASDAQ:YOD), which delivers video on demand and content for China's TV and mobile market, has jumped 48% on news it's reached a licensing deal with Twenty-First Century Fox (NASDAQ:FOX).
- The deal will bring a library of feature films to customers of YOD's subscription video-on-demand service, whether via cable, IPTV, mobile or over-the-top delivery.
Nov. 14, 2014, 9:13 AM
Nov. 13, 2014, 5:15 PM
- With revenue for the first nine months of 2014 having only totaled $965K, You On Demand (NASDAQ:YOD) now expects full-year revenue of $1.7M-$2M, below prior guidance of $3M.
- A gross loss of $228K was seen in Q3 on revenue of $645K. GAAP opex rose 7% Y/Y to $2.1M.
- The company ended Q3 with $13M in cash, down from $15.7M at the end of Q2. Liabilities included a $3M promissory note and $620K in warrant liabilities.
- Q3 results, PR
Nov. 5, 2014, 12:49 PM
Nov. 5, 2014, 9:16 AM
- Gainers: CRTO +19%. JIVE +17%. YOD +16%. TTPH +12%. IBIO +11%. AEZS +9%. EXEL +8%. CLNY +7%. ANR +7%. ROYT +7%. EOG +6%. PHMD +6%. NICE +6%. VPCO +6%. ATVI +5%. VG +5%. CTSH +5%. WLT +5%. MACK +5%.
- Losers: CHUY -24%. NUS -22%. FEYE -16%. ZU -14%. TRIP -13%. SSYS -8%. MEMP -7%. NG -6%. ANV -6%. ARIA -6%. AWAY -6%.
YOU On Demand Holdings Inc is a multi-platform entertainment company delivering premium content, including Hollywood & China-produced movie titles to customers across China via Subscription Video On Demand & Transactional Video On Demand services.
Other News & PR