YRC Worldwide, Inc.NASDAQ
YRC Worldwide's Current Valuation Offers A Compelling Investment Opportunity
James Sands • 15 Comments
James Sands • 15 Comments
Today, 2:12 PM
- YRC Worldwide (YRCW -25.9%) dives after posting disappointing Q3 results, impacted by a "soft" industrial backdrop and lower fuel surcharge revenue.
- The company ended the quarter with a total debt-to-adjusted EBITDA ratio of 3.45X vs. 3.15X a year ago.
- Previously: YRC Worldwide misses by $0.11, misses on revenue (Oct. 27)
Today, 12:47 PM
Yesterday, 5:40 PM
Yesterday, 4:07 PM
Wed, Oct. 26, 5:35 PM
- ACTG, AFL, AIV, AJG, ALDR, ALEX, ALJ, AMCC, AMGN, AMZN, ARAY, ARII, ASGN, ATEN, ATR, ATRC, AUY, AZPN, BGS, BIDU, BMRN, BOFI, BOOM, BSAC, BVN, CA, CATM, CBI, CBL, CEMP, CENX, CHDN, CLD, CLMS, CNMD, COLM, COWN, CPT, CRUS, CUBE, CXP, CY, DECK, DGII, DLR, ECOL, EGO, EHTH, ELLI, EMN, ESS, EXPE, FET, FII, FIX, FLEX, FLS, FORM, FPO, FR, FTNT, FTV, GIMO, GOOG, HBI, HIG, HLS, HTH, IART, IM, INT, INVA, IPHS, ISBC, ITGR, KAMN, KIM, KONA, KRG, LEG, LNKD, LOGM, MAA, MAC, MCK, MLNX, MOBL, MOH, MSA, MSTR, NANO, NATI, NGD, NR, NSIT, NSR, OFC, OII, OIS, OMCL, OSIS, PDFS, PEB, PFG, PKD, POWI, PSMT, PXLW, RGC, RSG, SGEN, SHOR, SIMO, SKYW, SMCI, SNMX, SPNC, SPSC, SRCL, SSD, SSNC, STRZA, SYK, SYNA, TDOC, TEAM, TFSL, TGB, TLGT, TMST, VCRA, VDSI, VR, VRSN, WRE, WRI, WSFS, YRCW
Tue, Sep. 13, 5:37 PM
Tue, Aug. 16, 4:08 PM
- A major announcement from Ford that it will develop a 100% autonomous vehicle in 2021 could have far-reaching implications in a variety of sectors.
- “The first application of the fully autonomous vehicle will be commercial applications, whether it’s ride-hailing or parcel delivery,” Ford CEO Mark Fields told Recode. Companies that could be eyeing the implication of purchasing self-driving car fleets include FedEx (NYSE:FDX), Amazon (NASDAQ:AMZN), UPS (NYSE:UPS), Domino's Pizza (NYSE:DPZ), and Papa John's International (NASDAQ:PZZA).
- There's also relevance on Ford's big bet on autonomy for Avis Budget Group (NASDAQ:CAR) and Hertz (NYSE:HTZ).
- The trucking and shipping sectors (ARCB, KNX, MRTN, CGI, YRCW, HTLD, UACL, SWFT) will also be monitoring how autonomous vehicle technology fits into the future.
- Previously: Ford to produce mass market autonomous vehicle (Aug. 16)
Thu, Jul. 28, 5:37 PM
Thu, Jul. 28, 4:05 PM
Wed, Jul. 27, 5:35 PM
- ACTG, AFL, AIV, AJG, ALDW, ALGN, ALJ, AMZN, ARII, ATEN, ATR, AUY, BCOV, BGS, BIDU, BOOM, BRKS, CAA, CATM, CBL, CBS, CENX, CHMT, CLD, CLMS, COLM, COWN, CPHD, CPT, CUBE, CWST, CY, DECK, DGI, DGII, DLR, DTLK, ECOL, EEP, EGO, EHTH, EIX, ELLI, EMN, EQC, ES, ESS, EXPE, EYES, FE, FET, FICO, FII, FIX, FLS, FPO, FR, FTNT, GIMO, GNMK, GOOG, HIG, HLS, IM, INVA, INVN, ISIL, ITGR, IXYS, KAMN, KBR, KLAC, KRG, LEG, LMNX, LPLA, LYV, MATW, MOBL, MSCC, MSTR, MTD, N, NGVC, NR, NSR, OMCL, OUTR, PCCC, PDFS, PFG, PXLW, QGEN, QSII, RGA, RMD, ROVI, RSG, RTEC, SB, SBAC, SKYW, SNMX, SPNC, SRCL, STMP, STRZA, SYNA, TCO, TFSL, THG, TLGT, TNDM, UCTT, ULH, VCRA, VDSI, VRSN, WDC, WLK, WRI, WYNN, YRCW
Sat, Jul. 23, 8:25 AM
- General Electric (NYSE:GE) was yesterday's biggest laggard among Dow stocks, sinking 1.6% after reporting a 2% drop in orders for Q2, with industrial orders - GE’s jet engines, power turbines, oil production equipment, et. al. - plunging 16% amid weakness in oil and gas prices that hurt demand.
- "The texture of this quarter is very similar to the two most recent quarters, with exceptionally weak orders,” says Morgan Stanley's Nigel Coe, who rates GE at Equal Weight with a $32 price target.
- GE's total Q2 revenues rose 15% Y/Y to $33.5B, but organic industrial sales excluding the Alstom acquisition fell 1%; GE needs to meet its own expectations for a substantial upturn in organic trends in H2 in an "extremely challenging" environment, Coe says.
- "Those are capital intensive purchases and if those get pushed out even just a little bit" it could weaken GE's performance, says Edward Jones analyst Jeff Windau.
- Andrew Elofson at Davidson Investment Advisors takes the long view, seeing Q2 as "a speed bump on the path to their transformation” and not really looking at whether GE can hit its 5% organic sales growth target for H2.
- But Standpoint Research’s Ronnie Moas responded to the Q2 results by slapping a Sell rating on GE with a $26 price target, seeing no reason to own the shares that trade at more than 20x 2016 EPS estimates while "dozens" of mid-cap names with room to grow trade at or below 10x earnings - such as YRCW, TGI, AVH, GBX, ARII, CBI, UAL, SPR and ACM.
Thu, Apr. 28, 5:35 PM
Thu, Apr. 28, 4:09 PM
- YRC Worldwide (NASDAQ:YRCW): Q1 EPS of -$0.37 beats by $0.01.
- Revenue of $1.12B (-5.9% Y/Y) misses by $20M.
Wed, Apr. 27, 5:35 PM
- ABAX, ACHC, AEM, AIV, AJG, ALDR, ALGN, AMCC, AMGN, AMZN, ARII, ATEN, ATHN, ATR, ATRC, AZPN, BCOV, BGS, BIDU, BMRN, BOOM, BRKS, BVN, CATM, CENX, CHDN, CHE, CHMT, CLD, CLW, COHR, COLM, COWN, CPHD, CPT, CUBE, DDR, DGII, DLR, ECOL, EHTH, ELLI, EMN, EPAY, EPR, ESS, EXLS, EXPE, EYES, FET, FII, FLEX, FLS, FPO, GB, GILD, GIMO, GNW, GRPN, HELE, HIG, HT, HTH, HURN, HWAY, INVA, IPHI, ISBC, JNPR, KBR, KRG, LEG, LNKD, LOGM, LPLA, MATW, MMSI, MOBL, MOH, MSA, MSCC, N, NATI, NFG, NPTN, NR, NSIT, NSR, NUS, OFIX, OMCL, OUTR, P, PCCC, PDFS, PFG, PODD, PXLW, QLIK, RGA, RGC, ROVI, RRC, RSG, SCSS, SGEN, SHOR, SKYW, SMCI, SNMX, SPN, SPNC, SRCL, STRZA, SWKS, SYNA, TEP, TLGT, TMST, TNDM, TRMB, TXTR, VCRA, VDSI, VGR, VR, VRSN, WDC, YRCW
Fri, Feb. 5, 12:40 PM
Thu, Feb. 4, 4:07 PM
- YRC Worldwide (NASDAQ:YRCW): Q4 EPS of -$0.73 may not be comparable to consensus of $0.20.
- Revenue of $1.14B (-6.6% Y/Y) in-line.