Tue, Apr. 14, 9:13 AM| 3 Comments
Fri, Feb. 13, 5:52 PM
- More specific metrics from Zillow's (NASDAQ:Z) Q4 report: Average monthly unique users of nearly 77M (up 41%); mobile visits (nearly two-thirds of Zillow's visits) were up 57%.
- Premier Agent advertising revenue hit an annualized run rate of more than $268M vs. prior year's $157M. Zillow netted 1,428 new Premier Agent advertisers at average revenue of $359, up from prior year's $271.
- For the full year, revenues were up 65% to record $325.9M (Marketplace Revenue up 73% to $267.2M; Display Revenue up 37% to $58.7M).
- There's no conference call to discuss earnings, but Zillow is holding a call to discuss the Trulia acquisition Wed., Feb. 18 at 9 a.m. ET, the day after it expects to close the deal.
- Shares now significantly higher after hours, +5.2%.
Fri, Feb. 13, 5:20 PM
- Zillow (NASDAQ:Z) is now up 1.2% in late trading after beating on the top line with record revenue, and despite an EPS miss.
- The company also says it expects to close its acquisition of Trulia (NYSE:TRLA) as soon as Tuesday, now that the FTC has wrapped its look at the deal.
- Revenues of $92.3M (up 58%) were made up of: Display Revenue of $14.1M (up 17%); Marketplace Revenue of $78.2M (up 69%).
- Marketplace Revenue comprised Real Estate Revenue of $70.8M (up 73%) and Mortgages Revenue of $7.4M (up 38%).
- Adjusted EBITDA of $20M (22% of revenue) missed expectations of $22.15M.
- Press release
- Previously: Zillow and Trulia soar; FTC staff reportedly backs deal (Jan. 23 2015)
Fri, Feb. 13, 5:12 PM
Tue, Feb. 10, 5:35 PM
- ABCO, ACHC, AEM, AMAT, AMBR, AUY, BIDU, CAKE, CJES, CPA, CRAY, CSCO, CSOD, CTL, CVA, CXW, CYS, DDR, DIOD, EFC, EFX, EXL, FET, FEYE, FORR, GAS, HIVE, HNI, HOS, IO, ITRI, LPSN, MET, NSIT, NTAP, NTWK, NU, NVDA, OII, PNRA, PPC, QDEL, REG, SCSS, SKX, SLF, SPRT, STMP, SWM, TAL, TCX, TRIP, TSLA, TSO, TTGT, WFM, ZEN, ZU
Nov. 5, 2014, 5:51 PM
- Zillow (NASDAQ:Z) guides on its Q3 CC (webcast) for Q4 revenue of $89M-$90M, below a $91M consensus.
- Q3 real estate revenue +86% Y/Y to $65.6M; mortgages revenue +24% to $7.1M; display (ad) revenue +30% to $16M.
- Premier Agent net adds totaled 4,059, raising the total base to 60.877. Average revenue per advertiser rose to $349 from $264 a year ago.
- Excluding acquisition-related costs, total GAAP costs/expenses rose 56% Y/Y to $91.7M.
- As one would expect, all-stock merger partner Trulia (NYSE:TRLA) is following Zillow lower. Both companies also sold off following Trulia's Q3 report.
- Q3 results, PR
Nov. 5, 2014, 4:32 PM
Oct. 29, 2014, 6:11 PM
- Trulia's (NYSE:TRLA) Y/Y Marketplace revenue growth slowed to 78% in Q3 from 142% in Q2, and its Media revenue growth to 26% from 41%. Marketplace was 83% of Q3 revenue, and Media 17%.
- The company's monthly unique visitors rose 36% Y/Y in Q3 to 55M; Q2 growth was 48%. Mobile monthly uniques +89% to 29.9M; growth was nearly even with Q2's 92%.
- Subscribers grew by 3.9K Q/Q to 77.9K. ARPU was $204, down $2 Q/Q and up $8 Y/Y. New contributions to user-generated content rose 5% Y/Y to 1.2M.
- Excluding restructuring costs, GAAP opex rose 76% Y/Y to $89.3M. Cost of revenue totaled $12M, R&D spend $14.9M, sales/marketing $38.9M, G&A $11.6M, and acquisition costs $10.8M.
- Trulia isn't providing guidance ahead of its planned merger with Zillow (NASDAQ:Z). Zillow reports on Nov. 5.
- Q3 results, PR
Oct. 29, 2014, 4:14 PM
Aug. 5, 2014, 6:30 PM
- Zillow (NASDAQ:Z) expects Q3 revenue of $87M-$88M and full-year revenue of $321M-$323M, above consensus estimates of $82.6M and $310.8M. Full-year adjusted EBITDA guidance has been hiked by $4M to $52M-$54M.
- The figures don't assume any revenue from the Trulia (NYSE:TRLA) merger, which is expected to close in 2015.
- Q2 Marketplace revenue +72% Y/Y to $78.7M, an even growth rate with Q1. Within the segment, real estate revenue rose 83% to $56.1M, and mortgages revenue 13% to $6.6M.
- Display (ad) revenue +53% Y/Y to $16.1M, after growing 62% in Q1.
- Premier Agent subs rose by 3,850 Q/Q to 56.8K; 4,654 were added in Q1. ARPU rose to $320 from $286 in Q1 and $266 a year ago. Monthly unique users rose 49% to 81.1M, and mobile visits nearly doubled.
- With marketing and R&D spend remaining aggressive, GAAP costs/expenses rose 56% Y/Y to $89.4M. Sales/marketing spend made up $48.1M of the total.
- Zillow is nearly unchanged AH. Trulia is up 1.1%.
- Q2 results, PR
Aug. 5, 2014, 4:34 PM
Jul. 31, 2014, 4:16 PM
May. 7, 2014, 5:53 PM
- Zillow (Z) guides on its CC for Q2 revenue of $75.5M-$76.5M, above a $71.8M consensus. Full-year revenue guidance has been hiked to $304M-$308M from $288M-$294M (consensus is at $294.8M). Full-year EBITDA guidance is now at $48M-$50M (up $10M at the midpoint).
- Q1 results beat estimates on the back of a 72% Y/Y increase in Marketplace revenue to $53.4M (real estate +77%, mortgages +45%), and a 62% increase in Display (ad) revenue to $12.9M.
- As expected, Zillow spent aggressively: Sales/marketing spend rose to $34.9M from $19.8M a year ago, R&D spend to $17M from $10.6M, and G&A to $14.7M from $8.2M.
- 4,654 Premier Agent subs were added, raising the total to 52,968. ARPU +6% Q/Q and +10% Y/Y to $286. Average monthly unique users +51% to 70.7M.
- Trulia (TRLA) is following Zillow higher.
- Q1 results, PR, datasheet, prepared remarks
May. 7, 2014, 4:33 PM
May. 7, 2014, 10:50 AM
- Has irrational exuberance given way to panic selling? Internet stocks are off again today, as the Street registers disappointment with earnings reports from AOL, Groupon, Zulily, SouFun, 500.com, and King.
- Yahoo (YHOO -6.2%) has fallen below $35 as the Street digests Alibaba's IPO filing. Twitter (TWTR -4.4%), crushed yesterday following its lockup expiration, briefly cracked $30 before rebounding a bit.
- Other decliners: QIHU -8.9%. BITA -7.2%. GOMO -7%. TRLA -5.2%. MELI -4.7%. ANGI -4.6%. Z -4%. YOKU -5.5%. CTRP -5.3%. WUBA -5.3%. JOBS -5.1%. GRUB -4%.
- Internet/social media ETFs: PNQI, SOCL, FDN
Apr. 29, 2014, 4:54 PM
- RF Micro (RFMD) expects FQ1 revenue of $305M and EPS of $0.17, well above a consensus of $277M and $0.11. Gross margin is expected to rise 150-200 bps from an FQ4 level of 42%. Shares +5.2% AH. Merger partner TriQuint (TQNT) +5.3%. (FQ4 results, PR)
- NCR expects 2014 revenue of $6.75B-$6.85B and EPS of $3.00-$3.10 vs. a consensus of $6.85B and $3.05. Shares -4.4% AH. (Q1 results, PR)
- Trulia (TRLA) expects Q2 revenue of $61.5M-$62.5M (above a $61M consensus) and adjusted EBITDA of $2.3M-$2.8M (compares with Q1's $2.8M). Full-year guidance is for revenue of $250M-$253M (up $5M from prior guidance and above a $247.6M consensus) and adjusted EBITDA of $18M-$22M (reiterated). Shares -2.8% AH. Rival Zillow (Z) -1.2% after rising 14.1% in regular trading following Tiger Global's disclosure.
Z vs. ETF Alternatives
Zillow Group Incoperates the real estate and home-related information marketplaces on mobile and the Web, with a complementary portfolio of brands and products to help people find vital information about homes and connect with local professionals.
Other News & PR