Thu, Oct. 29, 7:33 AM
Wed, Oct. 28, 5:30 PM
- ABC, ABMD, AET, ALKS, ALLE, ALLT, ALLY, ALU, ALXN, AMT, APD, AVT, AVY, AWI, BANC, BBW, BC, BG, BLL, BWA, BWEN, BXLT, CCE, CHTR, CLF, CME, CMS, COP, CRI, CRR, CSH, CVE, CVI, CVRR, DBD, DFT, DIN, DLPH, EME, EPD, EXAS, EXLS, FCN, FIG, FMS, GCI, GG, GLOP, GLPI, GNC, GOV, GT, GTLS, GTXI, HAR, HEES, HST, HTWR, I, IDA, IMS, INGR, IQNT, IRDM, IVZ, JAH, JCI, KEM, KERX, LDOS, LKQ, LLL, LPLA, MA, MCK, MD, MDP, MDXG, MGM, MMYT, MO, MPC, MPLX, MSCI, MTH, MTRN, MWW, NEO, NICE, NOK, NTCT, NVO, NYT, OAK, ODFL, OFC, OSK, PAG, PBI, PES, PF, PNK, POT, PPL, PX, RDS.A, RFP, RGS, RTIX, RYAM, SABR, SAN, SC, SCG, SHOO, SHW, SMP, SNE, SNMX, STM, TDY, TEVA, TFX, THRM, TPX, TWC, UAN, UBSI, UPL, VA, VICL, WRLD, WST, WWE, XEL, XYL, ZBH
Mon, Aug. 24, 8:02 AM
Thu, Jul. 30, 7:33 AM
Fri, Jun. 26, 11:57 AM
- Bedford, MA-based ConforMIS (Pending:CFMS) is set for its IPO of 9M shares of common stock at $14 - 16.
- The commercial stage medical technology firm develops joint replacement implants that are individually sized and shaped (customized) to fit each patient's unique anatomy. Off-the-shelf implants rarely fit perfectly, some have overhang (implant is too large and protrudes over the bone) while others have underhang (the implant is too small and part of the bone is exposed).
- The company uses its iFit Image-to-Implant software to convert a CT scan to a 3D model which is then used to design the implant. Disposable plastic instruments, called iJigs, are constructed with an in-house 3D printer that enable a more accurate, reproducible and simplified surgical procedure. Most of the metal components are made by third party suppliers who deliver them on a "just-in-time" basis.
- 2014 Financials ($M): Revenues: 48.2 (+39.2%); Gross Profit: 17.5 (+140.0%); Operating Expenses: 63.0 (+15.3%); Net Loss: (45.7) (+4.5%); CF Ops: (43.5) (+7.0%).
- Related tickers: (NYSE:JNJ) (NYSE:ZMH) (NASDAQ:WMGI)
Wed, Jun. 24, 2:04 PM
- Smith & Nephew (SNN +0.2%) acquires Zimmer Holdings' (ZMH +1.2%) Unicompartmental High Flex Knee business in the U.S., including all existing inventory and certain intellectual property. Financial terms are not disclosed.
- The device is indicated as an early intervention for patients with unresolved medial or lateral compartmental arthritis.
Tue, May 5, 5:31 PM
Thu, Apr. 30, 9:19 AM
- Zimmer Holdings (NYSE:ZMH) Q1 results ($M): Total Revenues: 1,134.4 (-2.3%); Reconstructive: 851.7 (-2.3%); Dental: 55.8 (-8.5%); Trauma: 79.4 (-0.4%); Spine: 49.5 (+2.5%); Surgical & Other: 98.0 (-2.4%).
- Net Income: 177.1 (-20.0%); EPS: 1.02 (-20.9%); CF Ops: 91.5 (-51.5%).
- 2015 Guidance: Non-GAAP EPS: $6.30 - 6.40 from $6.50 - 6.60.
Thu, Apr. 30, 7:34 AM
Mon, Mar. 30, 9:19 AM
- The European Commission (EC) conditionally approves Zimmer Holdings' (NYSE:ZMH) acquisition of Biomet. The EC's clearance is conditional on Zimmer selling certain assets comprising the remedy package previously submitted to the EC which includes the divestment of its Unicondylar Knee implant and Biomet's Discovery Elbow business in the European Economic Area (EEA) and Biomet's Vanguard Total Knee system in Denmark and Sweden.
- Zimmer expects to close the transaction next month. The approval of the U.S. Federal Trade Commission is pending.
Tue, Mar. 17, 5:54 PM
- In a regulatory filing, Biomet (NYSE:ZMH) discloses that the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) informed the company on March 13 that it was extending the Deferred Prosecution Agreement (DPA) and the independent compliance monitor's appointment for an additional year.
- The DPA was originally signed in 2012 for a three-year term in response to possible violations of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (RICO). Pursuant to the DPA, the DOJ agreed to defer prosecution of Biomet in connection with the matters provided Biomet satisfied its obligations under the agreement. An independent compliance monitor was appointed to review the company's adherence to the DPA, particularly as it related to its international sales practices.
- In October 2013 the company became aware of certain alleged improprieties pertaining to its operations in Mexico and Brazil, including some that predated the DPA. Based upon the results of its internal investigation, Biomet terminated, suspended or disciplined the employees and executives involved. The company discussed the matters with the DOJ and Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) in April 2014. On July 2, 2014 the SEC issued a subpoena to Biomet requiring it to produce certain relevant documents. The DOJ investigation is ongoing.
- If the DOJ determines that Biomet's activities in Brazil and Mexico breached the DPA, then it could bring further actions against the firm. The company continues to cooperate fully with authorities.
Wed, Mar. 11, 9:35 AM| Wed, Mar. 11, 9:35 AM | Comment!
Tue, Feb. 24, 8:17 AM
Tue, Feb. 10, 8:18 AM
- Zimmer Holdings (NYSE:ZMH) follows up with a revised remedy package to the one it originally submitted to the European Commission (EC) in December to address the EC's comments based on its market test of the original plan. The company says that it is pleased and encouraged with the progress to date regarding the regulatory process required to approve its acquisition of Biomet.
- Although, the formal deadline for the EC's decision has been reset to May 26 of this year, Zimmer continues to expect the transaction to close this quarter.
- Previously: Zimmer proposes remedy package to European regulators (Dec. 4, 2014)
- Previously: Zimmer to acquire Biomet for $13.35B (April 24, 2014)
Thu, Jan. 29, 8:23 AM
- Zimmer Holdings (NYSE:ZMH) Q4 results ($M): Total Revenues: 1,222.9 (-1.4%); Americas: 677.9 (-2.1%); Europe: 337.2 (-1.6%); Asia Pacific: 207.8 (+0.9%); Reconstructive: 910.6 (-1.9%); Dental: 66.8 (+5.9%); Trauma: 80.4 (-0.7%); Spine: 55.7 (+6.3%); Surgical & Other: 109.4 (-5.6%).
- Reconstructive: Knees: 518.6 (-0.9%); Hips: 338.1 (-4.2%); Extremities: 53.9 (+3.9%).
- COGS: 312.9 (-8.2%); R&D Expense: 46.6 (+0.4%); SG&A Expense: 458.9 (-3.8%); Net Income: 156.5 (-33.5%); EPS: .91 (-33.1%); CF Ops: 354.2 (+18.0%); Quick Assets: 1,695.8 (-6.2%).
- Gross Profit: 910.0 (+1.1%); COGS: 25.6% (-6.9%); Gross Margin: 74.4% (+2.6%); Operating Earnings: 404.5 (+7.4%); Operating Earnings Yield: 33.1% (+9.0%); Net Earnings Yield: 12.8% (-32.5%).
- Q1 Guidance: Revenue Growth: 1.5 - 2.5%; Non-GAAP EPS: $1.58 - 1.60; GAAP EPS: $1.12 - 1.14.
Thu, Jan. 29, 7:14 AM
Zimmer Biomet Holdings Inc is engaged in designing, manufacturing & marketing orthopaedic reconstructive products; sports medicine, biologics, extremities & trauma products; spine, bone healing, craniomaxillofacial & thoracic products & dental implants.
Other News & PR