Zimmer Biomet Holdings, Inc.NYSE
Tue, Sep. 20, 8:29 AM
- Zimmer Biomet Holdings (NYSE:ZBH) announces the launch of Vanguard Individualized Design (ID), a first-of-its-kind total knee arthroplasty (TKA) construct designed to enable a personalized fit while simplifying soft tissue preservation and balance.
- Traditional total knee implants feature a one-piece bearing constructed of polyethylene which is placed between the metal portions of the implant. Vanguard ID is the only TKA design to incorporate two individual polyethylene bearings with different articulations on the medial and lateral sides which allows surgeons to mix and match bearings of differing thickness and geometry, ensuring they can personalize their approach to accommodate and preserve natural soft tissue.
Thu, Sep. 15, 8:06 AM
- Zimmer Biomet Holdings (NYSE:ZBH) acquires Delft, Netherlands-based Clinical Graphics, B.V., a developer of 3D range-of-motion simulation technology, for an undisclosed sum. The technology is used to inform treatment decisions for common hip conditions requiring early intervention. Zimmer intends to integrate the platform in its hip preservation portfolio.
- The 3D interactive range-of-motion simulation reports for hip conditions like femoroacetabular impingement (the hip bones don't fit well) and dysplasia (abnormal development). Doctors use the technology to characterize the physiology of a patient's pain and direct treatment approaches.
Tue, Aug. 23, 7:32 AM
Mon, Aug. 15, 8:24 AM
- Zimmer Biomet Holdings (NYSE:ZBH) acquires privately held CD Diagnostics for an undisclosed sum. The Claymont, DE-based immunoassay developer markets a product called Synovasure PJI, used to diagnose periprosthetic joint infection and native septic arthritis by measuring certain proteins in synovial (joint) fluid.
Wed, Aug. 10, 9:12 AM| Wed, Aug. 10, 9:12 AM | 1 Comment
Thu, Jul. 28, 8:57 AM
- Zimmer Biomet Holdings (NYSE:ZBH) Q2 results ($M): Total Revenues: 1,934.0 (+65.6%); Knees: 696.9 (+48.6%); Hips: 477.2 (+49.6%); SET: 412.4 (+85.3%); Dental: 118.0 (+93.4%); Spine & CMF: 145.8 (+147.5%).
- Net Income: (31.3) (+82.0%); Non-GAAP Net Income: 407.1 (+47.0%); EPS: (0.16) (+84.0%); Non-GAAP EPS: 2.02 (+27.8%); CF Ops: 387.2 (+96.3%).
- 2016 Guidance: Revenue Growth: 2.5 - 3.0% from 2.0 - 3.0%; EPS: $1.50 - 1.75 from $2.82 - 2.97; Non-GAAP EPS: $7.90 - 8.00 from $7.85 - 8.00.
Thu, Jul. 28, 7:34 AM
Wed, Jul. 27, 5:30 PM
- AB, ABMD, ACIW, ACOR, ADP, AEP, ALKS, ALLE, ALXN, AMT, APD, ARIA, AZN, BC, BCC, BCO, BCOR, BEN, BG, BGCP, BHI, BMS, BMY, BSX, BWA, BWEN, BZH, CAB, CBG, CBM, CELG, CFX, CIT, CL, CLF, CLFD, CME, CMS, COMM, COP, COR, CRR, CRS, CS, CSH, CVI, CVRR, CWT, DBD, DFT, DLX, DOW, DSX, EME, EPD, EQM, EQT, EXLS, F, FCFS, FCN, FI, FIG, FITB, FLY, FSS, GLOP, GNC, GOV, GPI, GPN, GRUB, GTLS, HCA, HEES, HOG, HP, HSY, HTH, IART, IDA, IGT, INCR, INGR, IP, IPGP, IRDM, ITC, ITG, IVC, IVZ, KEM, LAD, LAZ, LDOS, LEA, LKQ, LLL, LPG, MA, MCS, MD, MDP, MDWD, MINI, MITK, MJN, MKTX, MMC, MNRO, MPC, MPLX, MSCI, MTH, MTRN, MVIS, NAP, NEWM, NICE, NMR, NOV, NTCT, NYT, OAK, ODFL, ORI, OSK, PAG, PCG, PES, PF, PJC, PNR, POT, PRLB, PTEN, PX, RDN, RDS.A, RPM, RTN, SCG, SEE, SERV, SFE, SPB, SPGI, SQBG, SQNS, STNG, SXC, SXCP, TCK, TFX, TGI, THRM, TKR, TMO, TPX, TREE, TRI, TZOO, UAN, UBSI, UTHR, VC, VGR, VIVO, VNTV, WCC, WILN, WRLD, WST, WWE, YNDX, ZBH
Mon, Jul. 18, 10:27 AM
- Zimmer Biomet Holdings (ZBH +0.3%) announces its intent to acquire all the outstanding shares of French medical technology firm Medtech SA for €50 a share or ~€120M. Zimmer has already purchased 1,406,511 shares representing a 58.77% stake, including all the outstanding convertible bonds and warrants previously issued by Medtech to Ally Bridge Group.
- Medtech will be Zimmer's center of excellence for the development of robotics.
Mon, Jun. 27, 11:16 AM
- The outperformance of low-P/E stocks that marked H1 is behind us, says RBC's Jonathan Golub, and it's time for the "Stable Growers" to re-asset leadership. He cautions about putting money to work too quickly though, noting the pullback so far has been limited.
- His list of Stable Growers (page 1, page 2): CHD, CL, CVS, K, MO, PEP, PG, PM, BCR, BDX, DGX, DVA, HSIC, JNJ, LH, MDT, SYK, TMO, UNH, ZBH, AFL, AON, MMC, TMK, CTAS, DHR, HON, ITW, LMT, MMM, NLSN, RSG, RTN, UPS, VRSK, WM, XYL, CMCSA, MCD, OMC, ADP, APH, EMC, MA, T, VZ, ECL, PX
Tue, Jun. 14, 7:41 AM
- Zimmer Biomet (ZBH -0.8%) announces the pricing of the previously announced underwritten secondary offering of 11,116,533 shares of its common stock by certain of its stockholders, consisting of affiliates of KKR, Goldman Sachs and TPG. The shares are being sold at $115.85 per share. The selling stockholders will receive all of the proceeds of the offering.
- Closing date is June 16.
- Shares are down 3% premarket.
Fri, Jun. 10, 7:19 AM
- Boston Scientific (NYSE:BSX) initiated with Buy rating and $26 (13% upside) price target by Guggenheim Securities.
- Zimmer Biomet Holdings (NYSE:ZBH) initiated with Neutral rating and $140 (18% upside) price target by Guggenheim Securities.
- Edwards Lifesciences (NYSE:EW) initiated with Neutral rating and $120 (18% upside) price target by Guggenheim Securities.
- Oncobiologics (Pending:ONS) initiated with Buy rating and $15 (218% upside) price target by Cantor Fitzgerald.
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (NASDAQ:WBA) reinstated with Buy rating and $95 (20% upside) price target by Bank of America.
- Goldman Sachs initiates coverage of specialty pharma with a Neutral rating: Buy: Jazz Pharma (NASDAQ:JAZZ) - $196 (26% upside) price target, Horizon Pharma (NASDAQ:HZNP) - $24 (30% upside) price target; Neutral: Endo International (NASDAQ:ENDP) - $20 (11% upside) price target, Mallinckrodt (NYSE:MNK) - $73 (17% upside) price target, Momenta Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:MNTA) - $14 (19% upside) price target; Concordia Healthcare (NASDAQ:CXRX) - $32 (31% upside) price target; Sell: Impax Laboratories (NASDAQ:IPXL) - $33 (2% downside risk) price target.
- Biocept (NASDAQ:BIOC) initiated with Buy rating and $1.20 (71% upside) price target by Roth Capital.
- Seres Therapeutics (NASDAQ:MCRB) initiated with Outperform rating and $40 (22% upside) price target by Cowen & Company.
- Omeros (NASDAQ:OMER) initiated with Buy rating and $21 (94% upside) price target by Cantor Fitzgerald.
- Glaukos (NYSE:GKOS) initiated with Buy rating and $35 (30% upside) price target by Cantor Fitzgerald.
- Shire plc (NASDAQ:SHPG) initiated with Overweight rating and GBX5,600 (34% upside) price target by Morgan Stanley.
Tue, Jun. 7, 7:30 AM
- Zimmer Biomet Holdings (NYSE:ZBH) acquires French spine surgery device maker LDR Holding Corp. (NASDAQ:LDRH) for $37 per share in cash (~$1B), almost a 64% premium to yesterday's close of $22.58. The deal should close in Q3. The transaction is expected to be neutral to non-GAAP EPS in 2017 and accretive thereafter.
- LDR, founded in 2000, designs devices that make spine surgeries easier to perform while improving clinical outcomes in the treatment of spine disorders.
- Zimmer Biomet reiterates its previous 2016 guidance of revenue growth of 2 - 3% and non-GAAP EPS of $7.85 - 8.00.
- Update: On July 13, Zimmer announced that it successfully completed the tender offer. The number of shares tendered was 24,278,729 (82.7% of LDR's outstanding shares). Notices of Guaranteed Delivery were received for an additional 1,826,189 shares (6.2% of the total outstanding).
Mon, Jun. 6, 10:20 AM
- Zimmer Biomet Holdings (ZBH -0.3%) receives a Warning Letter from the FDA citing non-conformities with current good manufacturing practice requirements of the Quality System regulation at its Montreal, Quebec facility, the primary location of subsidiary ORTHOsoft.
- The Warning Letter relates to observations from an on-site inspection last January. It will not restrict the production or shipment of products or necessitate the withdrawal of any product from the market, but it will prevent the approval of any premarket approval applications (PMAs) of related products until the issues are resolved. The company currently has no such PMAs under FDA review.
Fri, May 27, 4:56 PM
- Globus Medical (NYSE:GMED) initiated with Equal Weight Rating and $26 (8% upside) price target by Barclays.
- TG Therapeutics (NASDAQ:TGTX) initiated with Buy rating $18 (133% upside) price target by SunTrust Robinson Humphrey.
- Karyopharm Therapeutics (NASDAQ:KPTI) initiated with Outperform rating and $13 (35% upside) price target by Raymond James.
- SAGE Therapeutics (NASDAQ:SAGE) initiated with Sell rating and $18 (43% downside risk) price target by Chardan Capital.
- Viking Therapeutics (NASDAQ:VKTX) initiated with Buy rating with a $5 (285% upside) price target by Maxim Group.
- Fibrocell Science (NASDAQ:FCSC) resumed with Buy rating and $7 (229% upside) price target by Roth Capital Partners.
- Asterias Biotherapeutics (NYSEMKT:AST) initiated with Buy rating and $5.50 (61% upside) price target by Chardan Capital.
- Quorum Health (NYSE:QHC) initiated with Market Perform rating and $14 (6% upside) price target by Avondale Partners.
- Radius Health (NASDAQ:RDUS) initiated with Buy rating and $55 (57% upside) price target by H.C. Wainwright.
- Johnson & Johnson (NYSE:JNJ) initiated with Sell rating and $94 (17% downside risk) price target by Standpoint Research.
- NuVasive (NASDAQ:NUVA) upgraded to Overweight from Equal Weight by Barclays. Price target raised to $63 (15% upside) from $58.
- Zimmer Biomet Holdings (NYSE:ZBH) upgraded to Buy from Hold with a $125 (2% upside) price target by Argus Research.
- Relypsa (NASDAQ:RLYP) upgraded to Equal Weight from Underweight with a $9 (50% downside risk) price target by Morgan Stanley. To be adjusted after ZS-9 rejection.
- Ionis Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:IONS) downgraded to Market Perform from Outperform by BMO Capital Markets. Price target lowered to $26 (18% upside) from $55.
- Patterson Companies (NASDAQ:PDCO) downgraded to Hold from Buy by Evercore ISI. Price target lowered to $48.50 (0% upside) from $49.50.
- United Therapeutics (NASDAQ:UTHR) downgraded to Sell from Hold with a $114 (3% downside risk) price target by Argus Research.
- Boston Scientific (NYSE:BSX) downgraded to Neutral from Buy with a $24.20 (7% upside) price target by BTIG Research.
- Neovasc (NASDAQ:NVCN) downgraded to Neutral from Buy by Ladenburg Thalmann. Price target removed.
Mon, May 23, 7:34 AM