The Value Investor
Apr. 8, 2015, 9:12 AM
Apr. 8, 2015, 8:35 AM
- The seller of cleaning materials agrees to a sale to P-E firm New Mountain Capital for $20.05 per share in cash.
- The agreement comes after a year-long strategic review.
- The company earnings call set for tomorrow at 5:30 ET has been cancelled.
- ZEP +17.3% premarket to $20.05.
Apr. 8, 2015, 8:30 AM
- Zep (NYSE:ZEP) reports it grew sales by 3.8% on comparable basis, due to increase in both volume and price.
- Gross margin rate declined 176 bps to 45.18%.
- Adjusted EBITDA margin fell 250 bps to 4.6%.
- SG&A expense rate -114 bps to 43.80%.
- FY2015 Guidance: Gross margin rate: 46% to 48%.
- ZEP +17.32% premarket.
- FQ2 results
Apr. 8, 2015, 8:07 AM
- Zep (NYSE:ZEP): FQ2 EPS of $0.10 beats by $0.04.
- Revenue of $160.07M (+1.5% Y/Y) beats by $0.2M.
- Shares +15.27% PM.
Jan. 6, 2015, 7:32 AM
- Zep (NYSE:ZEP) reports it grew sales by 2.1% in FQ1, due to increases in transportation-related end-markets and across retail channels of distribution.
- Gross margin rate declined 126 bps to 46.81%.
- SG&A expense rate -80 bps to 42.49%.
- FY2015 Guidance: The company sees net sales growth in the low single-digit range.
Oct. 14, 2014, 1:56 PM
Jul. 11, 2014, 12:45 PM
Aug. 14, 2013, 2:33 PM
- Armor All maker Zep Inc. (ZEP +3%) zips higher after updating investors on the progress of its "complexity-reduction activities."
- The company's non-sales workforce will be reduced by ~6% (80-100 positions).
- Annualized cost savings should come in at the high end of previous guidance ($8-12M).
- ZEP sees $9M of recorded cost-savings in FY14.
- Cost cuts will come through mostly in SG&A expense although a fourth will be reflected in COGS.
- Updated FY13 revenue guidance: $685-690M versus consensus of $679.9M. (PR)
Jul. 2, 2013, 2:53 PM
Zep Inc. (ZEP -17.2%) craters after FQ3 earnings and revenue miss estimates. CEO John Morgan calls the EPS miss "very disappointing" and notes that while ZEP's "long-term diversification strategy is working," organic revenue declines will likely "continue over the next twelve months while [the company] accelerates [its] focus on business complexity reduction." (PR)| Jul. 2, 2013, 2:53 PM
Jul. 2, 2013, 12:45 PM
Apr. 9, 2012, 9:47 AM
Mar. 9, 2012, 2:57 PM
Oct. 13, 2011, 9:56 AM
Shares of ZEP crater, falling 16.3%, after the firm misfires with its FQ4 report and issues a revenue warning. The cleaning product manufacturer recorded EPS of $0.24 for the quarter, well-below the estimate of analysts of $0.37. CEO John Morgan says the firm was "negatively impacted by raw material inflation and recent economic volatility that made it difficult to implement sufficient price increases."| Oct. 13, 2011, 9:56 AM