Mon, Nov. 2, 4:37 PM
Fri, Oct. 2, 9:12 AM
Fri, Sep. 18, 6:27 PM
- Ziopharm (NASDAQ:ZIOP) has presented clinical and pre-clinical data for its Ad-RTS-IL-12 gene therapy candidate at a a cancer immunotherapy conference taking place in NYC from Sep. 16-19.
- One presentation, titled "Demonstration of Systemic Antitumor Immunity via Intratumoral Regulated Expression of IL-12 in Advanced Breast Cancer and Melanoma Patients," is said to highlight "additional evidence of systemic immune activation with AD-RTS-hIL-12 and veledimex in advanced melanoma and breast cancer patients."
- Another presentation, titled "Demonstration of Systemic Antitumor Immunity via Intratumoral Regulated Expression of IL-12 as a Gene Therapy Approach to Treatment of Cancer," is said to demonstrate "the anti-tumor effects and tolerability of Ad-RTS-mIL-12 in murine models of glioblastoma (brain cancer), colon cancer and melanoma."
- Shares are up 1.5% after hours to $12.78, after rising 5.7% in regular trading.
Tue, Sep. 1, 9:13 AM
Tue, Aug. 25, 9:19 AM| Tue, Aug. 25, 9:19 AM | 7 Comments
Tue, Aug. 11, 9:16 AM
Mon, Aug. 10, 4:37 PM
Fri, Jul. 24, 12:42 PM
- The FDA designates Ziopharm Oncology's (ZIOP +4.2%) gene therapy candidate, Ad-RTS-hIL-12, an Orphan Drug for the treatment of malignant glioma, a brain tumor that originates in the brain or spine. Gliomas represent 30% of all brain and CNS tumors and 80% of brain tumors.
- Among the benefits of Orphan Drug status is a seven-year period of market exclusivity for the indication, if approved. This is far in the distance, though. A Phase 1 trial evaluating Ad-RTS-hIL-12 in combination with veledimex is not yet recruiting patients.
Tue, Jun. 30, 8:24 AM
- CAR-T therapy-related stocks are poised to gap up at the open this morning as investors spread their enthusiasm over Juno's (NASDAQ:JUNO) deal with Celgene (NASDAQ:CELG).
- Previously: Juno up 53% after hours on 10-year Celgene deal (June 29)
- Related tickers: (NASDAQ:KITE) (NASDAQ:BLCM) (NASDAQ:CLLS) (NASDAQ:ZIOP)
Mon, Jun. 22, 9:18 AM
Fri, Jun. 5, 8:48 AM
- Interxon (NYSE:XON) sets the final ratio for its pro rata dividend distribution of all of its 17,830,305-share stake in Ziopharm (NASDAQ:ZIOP). XON stockholders of record on June 4 will receive 0.162203 shares of ZIOP per XON share and warrant holders will receive 0.16223 shares of ZIOP per XON share deliverable under the warrants. The stock will be delivered on or about June 12.
- Intrexon announced the special dividend a month ago.
Tue, Jun. 2, 12:30 PM
- According to Bloomberg, AstraZeneca (AZN +0.1%) CEO Pascal Soriot said that his firm would consider buying a company like Juno Therapeutics (JUNO +12.9%).
- This isn't too surprising since oncology represents only 11% of AZN's business. CAR-Ts are all the rage in the cancer space. If their initial success can be validated in late-stage trials, they will command premium prices once approved, probably in the neighborhood of $500K per procedure. Acquiring one of the leaders would be a logical move for most members of Big Pharma or a number of larger biotechs. Juno's market cap is only $5.5B so it is not expensive if viewed on a long term basis.
- Related tickers: (KITE +5.4%)(BLUE -0.5%)(BLCM +8.2%)(ZIOP +4%)(CLLS +4.4%)
Tue, Jun. 2, 10:16 AM
Fri, May 8, 10:00 AM| Fri, May 8, 10:00 AM | Comment!
Thu, May 7, 4:44 PM
Tue, May 5, 7:58 AM
- Ziopharm Oncology (NASDAQ:ZIOP) commences a Phase 1 study of Ad-RTS-hIL-12 + veledimex in patients with recurrent or progressive glioblastoma or Grade III malignant glioma, serious types of brain cancer with poor prognoses.
- The trial will enroll up to 72 subjects at up to 12 sites. Patients will be stratified into two groups: one will undergo resection plus injection and the other will undergo stereotactic (3D-located) injection. Ad-RTS-hIL-12 will be injected locally into the tumor lesion, with IL-12 expression tightly regulated by escalating doses of veledimex. The primary endpoint is the safety and tolerability of a single intratumoral injection of Ad-RTS-hIL-12 plus escalating oral doses of veledimex. Secondary endpoints include the veledimex maximum tolerated dose, the immune responses elicited by Ad-RTS-hIL-12 and veledimex, the tumor objective response rate, progression-free survival and overall survival.
- Ad-RTS-hIL-12 is a novel gene therapy candidate for the controlled expression of interleukin-12 (IL-12), an essential protein for stimulating a T cell immune response to cancer. Veledimex is an oral activator ligand or "gene switch" which is used to control the expression of IL-12, a pro-inflammatory cytokine that produces serious side effects if over-expressed. The cancer therapy candidate was developed in partnership with Intrexon (NYSE:XON).
ZIOPHARM Oncology Inc is a biopharmaceutical company. The Company is engaged in the acquiring, developing and commercializing portfolio of cancer therapies that can address unmet medical needs through synthetic biology.
Other News & PR