ZIOPHARM Oncology, Inc.NASDAQ
Ziopharm: Why Is No One Modeling The 'New' Ziopharm?
Chris Bunge • 20 Comments
Chris Bunge • 20 Comments
Fri, Aug. 12, 8:04 AM
- TeamHealth Holdings (NYSE:TMH) upgraded to Buy from Hold with a $52 (41% upside) price target by Jefferies.
- Editas Medicine (NASDAQ:EDIT) upgraded to Buy from Hold with a $35 (69% upside) price target by Jefferies.
- ZIOPHARM Oncology (NASDAQ:ZIOP) upgraded to Market Perform from Underperform by Wells Fargo. Target price range: $5 - 8 (25% upside from midpoint).
- Bellicum Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:BLCM) upgraded to Buy from Neutral with a $24 (22% upside) price target by Citigroup.
- Alere (NYSE:ALR) upgraded to Buy from Neutral with a $48 (20% upside) price target by BTIG Research.
- Merck (NYSE:MRK) upgraded to Outperform from Neutral by Credit Suisse. Price target raised to $73 (15% upside) from $62. Upgraded to Outperform from Market Perform by BMO Capital. Price target raised to $72 (13% upside) from $62.
- Celgene (NASDAQ:CELG) upgraded to Buy from Neutral with a $138 (21% upside) price target by BTIG Research.
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (NYSE:BMY) downgraded to Hold from Buy by Berenberg. Price target lowered to $70 (15% upside) from $80. Downgraded to Neutral from Outperform by Credit Suisse. Price target lowered to $63 (3% upside) from $86.
- Zosano Pharma (NASDAQ:ZSAN) downgraded to Neutral from Buy by Ladenburg Thalmann.
- Myriad Genetics (NASDAQ:MYGN) downgraded to Hold from Buy by Gabelli & Co. Price target lowered to $32 (54% upside) from $46.
- Ohr Pharmaceutical (NASDAQ:OHRP) downgraded to Hold from Buy by Brean Capital.
- Inovio Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:INO) downgraded to Hold from Buy by Maxim Group. $14 price target removed.
- Raptor Pharmaceutical (NASDAQ:RPTP) downgraded to Neutral from Buy by Citigroup. Price target raised to $8 (19% upside) from $6.
- Regeneron Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:REGN) downgraded to Neutral from Outperform by Baird. Price target lowered to $488 (16% upside) from $505.
Wed, Aug. 10, 11:00 AM
Wed, Aug. 10, 9:17 AM| Wed, Aug. 10, 9:17 AM | 4 Comments
Tue, Aug. 9, 4:17 PM
Mon, Aug. 8, 5:35 PM
- AMBC, APEI, APPS, ARWR, ATHX, AXAS, BW, CALL, CDXS, CHMI, CIVI, CLNE, CRME, CVCO, CYBR, DHT, DIOD, DIS, DPLO, EPIQ, EVRI, FENG, FF, FLTX, FOGO, FOSL, FTEK, GALE, HALO, HCKT, HLIT, HWAY, INFI, INWK, IPAR, JAZZ, KEYW, LITE, LSCC, MCHX, MDVN, MYGN, MYL, NH, NVAX, OMED, OMER, PCTY, PEN, PSIX, PTLA, QNST, RELY, RTK, SCTY, SEDG, SGRY, SPPI, SPWR, TAHO, TCS, TTGT, VRNS, VSAT, WAGE, XON, XONE, YELP, YRD, YUME, ZGNX, ZIOP
Tue, Jul. 19, 9:14 AM
Tue, Jul. 19, 8:38 AM
- In a statement, ZIOPHARM (NASDAQ:ZIOP) says the recent patient death from intracranial hemorrhage in its Phase 1 clinical trial assessing Ad-RTS-hIL-12 + orally administered veledimex in progressive glioblastoma or grade III malignant glioma was determined to be unrelated to the study drug.
- Enrollment remains open. The company will provide further updates when appropriate. Longer-term survival data will be released later this year.
- Shares are up 9% premarket on increased volume.
- Previously: Patient deaths in Ziopharm's IL-12 brain tumor trial sink shares, down 22% premarket (July 15)
Fri, Jul. 15, 12:46 PM
Fri, Jul. 15, 11:02 AM
Fri, Jul. 15, 9:16 AM
Fri, Jul. 15, 8:32 AM
- Ziopharm (NASDAQ:ZIOP) slumps 22% premarket on robust volume in response to its disclosure in a presentation (slide 19) yesterday that a patient in its IL-12 glioblastoma clinical trial died from an intracranial hemorrhage 15 days after being treated.
- A second patient also died, at 3.9 months follow-up. A third death was previously reported due to progressive disease (6.4 months). The two new deaths are not believed to be related to IL-12 therapy.
- Update: In a statement , the company says study participants are medically fragile. The first two deaths, which occurred 6.7 months and 3.9 months after treatment, were unrelated to the study drug. The details related to the third death, intracranial hemorrhage in a discharged patient, are still being investigated. Trial enrollment remains open. The company will provide an update when a course of action has been determined.
Wed, Jul. 13, 11:01 AM
Thu, Jun. 30, 10:01 AM
- With the aim of "facilitating increased investment in clinical development" by Ziopharm (ZIOP -4%), the company and Intrexon (XON -4.2%) amend their Exclusive Channel Collaborations in oncology and graft-versus-host disease.
- The amended agreement reduces the operating profits payable (royalty) to Intrexon from 50% to 20%. In exchange for the haircut, Ziopharm will issue $120M (100K shares) of a new class of preferred to stock to Intrexon that will pay a monthly dividend of 1% in additional preferred shares.
- The preferred stock will convert to common shares upon the U.S. approval of a product or under certain other conditions such as a change of control of Ziopharm. The conversion price will be determined by the volume-weighted average closing price of ZIOP's common stock over the 20 trading days preceding the product approval.
- The changes do not apply to Intrexon's collaboration with Merck Serono.
- Previously: Ziopharm up 15% on Intrexon/Merck Serono deal (March 30, 2015)
- Previously: Intrexon and Ziopharm set for opening gaps (Feb. 10, 2015)
Fri, May 20, 9:13 AM
Wed, May 18, 5:38 PM
Tue, May 10, 4:52 PM