What's your position on ?
Why are you ish?
You voted ish on Vote again
Posts appear on the My Feed page of subscribers to this ticker
Dec. 12, 2013, 12:52 PM
Dec. 12, 2013, 10:17 AM
- While other jewelers trade near yesterday's close, Zale (ZLC +10.1%) shares take off after Northcoast Research flips back and upgrades shares to Buy from Neutral with a PT of $16.
- Northcoast downgraded the stock back in Oct. citing valuation; since then, shares had fallen 25.4% through yesterday's close.
Dec. 11, 2013, 11:08 AM
- An expected rise in weddings next year could be a nice gift for Signet (SIG -0.9%), Zales (ZLC -0.8%), and Blue Nile (NILE -0.8%). Wedding-watcher site TheKnot.com maintains a surprising number of couples waited out having a wedding date ending in a "13" due to superstitions.
- The companies are using advertisement during NFL football to pitch their case with grooms-to-be. TV spending for the jewelry sellers is expected to show big growth in Q4 with the NFL a large focus.
Dec. 4, 2013, 5:37 PM
Nov. 26, 2013, 4:12 PM
- Zale (ZLC): FQ1 EPS of -$0.83 beats by $0.02.
- Revenue of $363.0M beats by $0.58M. (PR)
Nov. 26, 2013, 9:19 AM
Nov. 26, 2013, 12:10 AM
Nov. 25, 2013, 5:35 PM
Oct. 23, 2013, 9:30 AM
- FedEx (FDX) expects Cyber Monday shipments to increase 11% Y/Y as online orders boost shipments to over 22M for the day. The news helps temper some of the worries on e-commerce coming out of eBay (EBAY).
- The double-digit pace of online orders easily beats estimates for Black Friday store sales and sets up well for Amazon (AMZN).
- Other retailers with strong online businesses could pick up sales if online continues to grab steal market share away from mall traffic.
- On watch: Urban Outfitters (URBN), Zale (ZLC), Under Armour (UA), Vera Bradley (VRA), and Dick's Sporting Goods (DKS).
Oct. 17, 2013, 11:11 AM
- Zale (ZLC -5.8%) shares are giving up gains from yesterday, when the stock climbed 9.4%.
- Partly to blame: Northcoast Research downgraded the jeweler to Neutral from Buy citing valuation.
Oct. 3, 2013, 1:16 PM
Oct. 3, 2013, 7:40 AM
- The NRF has a fairly optimistic forecast out for holiday sales, but separating the winners from the losers in retail could come down to online execution.
- ShopperTrak sees foot traffic falling in both November and December with malls in the U.S. getting hit the hardest.
- Potential online winners: Macy's (M), Urban Outfitters (URBN), Gap (GPS), Under Armour (UA), Zale (ZLC).
- Mall laggards: Sears Holdings (SHLD), J.C. Penney (JCP), Dillards (DDS), Kohl's (KSS).
Oct. 2, 2013, 5:43 PM
Oct. 2, 2013, 4:59 PM
- Zale (ZLC) shares fall 4.8% AH after the company files for an 11.1M share secondary offering. (S-3)
- The shares are being sold by Z Investments, a vehicle of Golden Gate Capital, which received the shares after converting warrants at $2.00/share. Golden Gate lent Zale money back in May 2010, when shares traded at $2.98.
Sep. 27, 2013, 11:06 AM
- Brean Capital initiates Signet Jewelers (SIG +1%) at Buy with a PT of $85.
- Analyst Eric Beder believes Signet is "poised to lever its dominant market positions in the United States and the United Kingdom in order to capture a greater piece of market share."
- The jeweler's bridal business and branded offerings will allow Signet to stand out from the pack of smaller competitors, Beder continues.
- Other jewelers are down on the day: TIF -0.6%, ZLC -1.8%
Sep. 6, 2013, 3:58 PM| Sep. 6, 2013, 3:58 PM | 1 Comment
Other News & PR