Market Undervalues Apple's Growing iTunes And Accessories Segments
- Apple employs a range of strategies for monetizing its product lines and ecosystem.
- No Apple story is complete without consideration of Apple’s monetization strategy for its iTunes, software, and services segment (which includes the App Store), and its accessories and retail segment.
- Apple is pursuing a strategy of aggressively monetizing the ancillary software and hardware that grows around its mobile devices (iPhone and iPad).
- Monetization of these segments is likely to drive a significant proportion of Apple's growth in the next several years.
- The market undervalues Apple's existing iTunes and accessories segments and their growth prospects.