Thu, Aug. 6, 11:46 PM
Thu, May 7, 6:00 PM
Thu, Mar. 26, 6:11 AM
Wed, Feb. 18, 11:56 AM
- Advantage Oil & Gas (AAV +7.2%) says it plans a 2015 capital budget of $160M, reduced by $110M from its prior estimate, while seeing 2015 average production of 150M-160M cfe/day, up 18% Y/Y, with exit production at 180M-190M cfe/day leaving unchanged its production outlook for 36% Y/Y growth to 183M cfe/day in July 2015.
- AAV estimates year-end 2015 total debt to trailing cash flow of 2x, which it says maintains financial flexibility for continued growth in future years.
- AAV also says it replaced 321% of 2014 annual production, with proven developed producing reserves increasing 33% to 279B cfe and proven reserves up 11% to 1.2T cfe.
Nov. 13, 2014, 6:11 PM
Aug. 15, 2014, 1:24 AM
Jun. 2, 2014, 11:58 AM
- Advantage Oil and Gas (AAV +3.2%) is upgraded to Outperform from Sector Perform with an $8.50 price target, up from $7, at RBC, which says available data points to a continued strong growth trajectory (Briefing.com).
- While the stock has gained 41% YTD, the firm sees potential for even more outsized returns as investors continue to better appreciate the company's improved growth metrics.
Apr. 16, 2014, 10:48 AM
- Alberta looks likely to implement energy efficiency measures when it revamps its climate-change policy to win support for its oil sector, an about-face on the former premier’s vow that the province wouldn’t enact new rules until the U.S. did.
- The province plans to have new regulations on emissions in the near future and may include a higher carbon price, Alberta's environment minister says.
- The struggle by Alberta’s oil producers for access to new markets, as reflected in U.S. delays in approving the Keystone XL (TRP) pipeline, comes amid opposition to oil sands bitumen because of its higher carbon intensity and concerns around air and water pollution.
- Relevant companies include ECA, ENB, EEP, STO, XOM, IMO, SU, CVE, PGH, BP, CNQ, BTE, DVN, IVAN, AAV, RDS.A, RDS.B, PTR, ATHOF
Feb. 28, 2014, 3:54 PM
- Surge Energy (ZPTAF +3.2%) says it has acquired ownership and control of 19.8% of Longview Oil (LGVWF +5.8%) from Advantage Oil & Gas (AAV +2.7%)at $4.45/share.
- Surge intends to obtain a "large, strategic equity position" in Longview, at a competitive cost base, and to pursue a mutually beneficial business combination with Longview.
- Surge says it has completed significant due diligence in relation to Longview assets, also initiating extensive, detailed financial modelling of a possible business combination between the companies.
Feb. 11, 2014, 11:44 AM
- Longview Oil (LGVWF +3.4%) says the unidentified party that has made a non-binding offer to buy it has submitted a separate proposal to acquire 9.3M Longview shares being sold in Advantage Oil & Gas' (AAV +2.6%) secondary offering; the shares represent a ~19.8% stake.
- Last week, AAV announced plans to sell its entire stake in Longview, which consists of 21.15M shares.
Feb. 5, 2014, 9:15 AM
Feb. 5, 2014, 8:52 AM| Feb. 5, 2014, 8:52 AM | Comment!
Jan. 9, 2014, 4:31 PM
- KKR says it will open its first Canadian office next month in Calgary, the capital of Canada's oil patch, as it seeks to tap into growing demand for private-equity financing in the region and expand its presence in the global energy industry.
- KKR Director Brandon Freiman, who will relocate from the NYC headquarters to start up the new office, is eyeing investment of $500M to "several billion dollars" over the next five years in upstream oil and gas production, midstream pipelines and related infrastructure as well as energy services businesses.
- The planned investments will include providing financing instead of outright takeovers, KKR says.
- Canadian energy names on the radar: SU, IMO, BTE, SOQ, ERF, CVE, COSWF, AAV, BXE, CNQ.
Dec. 5, 2013, 12:31 PM
- Advantage Oil & Gas (AAV +3.7%) says its Glacier Upper Montney well in Alberta tested at a record 21M cfe/day and that its Lower Montney wells continue to outperform expectations.
- AAV says its Phase VI Glacier capital development program designed to ramp production to 135M cfe/day is progressing on track with three drilling rigs.
- Also, the previously announced strategic alternatives process remains ongoing; the bid date communicated to interested parties has passed and the company is reviewing proposals.
May 21, 2013, 9:28 AMAdvantage Oil & Gas (AAV) +3.6% premarket after saying financial advisers will begin soliciting interest in a sale of the company or other strategic transactions to maximize shareholder value. AAV also announces an increase in reserves and contingent resources at its Glacier property. | May 21, 2013, 9:28 AM | Comment!
Mar. 14, 2013, 2:28 PMAdvantage Oil & Gas (AAV +5.3%) is upgraded to Buy from Hold at Stifel Nicolaus after AAV announced large positive revisions to historical reserves, sparking a new two-year plan focused on doubling production throughput at Glacier to 200M cf/day by 2015. A series of positive well results revealed improved average test rates in the Middle Montney. | Mar. 14, 2013, 2:28 PM | Comment!
AAV vs. ETF Alternatives
Advantage Oil & Gas Ltd is an intermediate oil and natural gas development and production corporation with properties located in Western Canada. Its exploitation and development program is focused at Glacier, Alberta.
Other News & PR