Oct. 23, 2014, 5:42 PM
Oct. 2, 2014, 9:40 AM
- There's more than passing interest in the auto retailer/dealership group over Warren Buffett's acquisition of Van Tuyl Group.
- Analysts have already tapped the sector as ripe for M&A opportunities before Buffett skipped into the fray.
- AutoNation (AN +2.2%), CarMax (KMX +1.5%), Sonic Automotive (SAH +3.5%), Lithia Motors (LAD +7.1%), Penske Automotive (PAG +3.4%), Group 1 Automotive (GPI +3.5%), Asbury Automotive (ABG +5.5%), Rush Enterprises (RUSHA) are all higher in early action.
- Related: Strong comps at AutoNation.
Apr. 1, 2014, 10:50 AM
- Automobile industry stocks are on the rise as the early batch of reports on U.S. sales beat expectations on broad strength.
- Advancers: Lithia Motors (LAD) +2.1%, Asbury Automotive (ABG) +2.3%, Sonic Automotive (SAH) +2.2%, America's Car-Mart (CRMT) +1.4%, CarMax (KMX) +1.5%, AutoNation (AN) +1.5%, Pep Boys (PBY) +2.2%, O'Reilly Automotive (ORLY) +1.7%, Advance Auto Parts (AAP) +0.9%.
Apr. 3, 2012, 12:32 PMBuckingham Research hikes its ratings to Buy on auto retailers Group 1 (GPI +4.4%), Asbury (ABG +3.7%) and Penske (PAG +4.3%) as the best way to play a recovery in U.S. light vehicle sales. "Auto retailers tend to experience strong stock performance during the second quarter, with auto retailer stocks increasing 20% on average during the 2002-2011 period." | Comment!
Apr. 3, 2012, 10:59 AM
ABG vs. ETF Alternatives
Asbury Automotive Group Inc is an automotive retailer in the United States. Itsproducts and services includenew and used vehicles,vehicle maintenance,replacement parts and collision repair services andnew and used vehicle financing.
Other News & PR