Nov. 1, 2013, 8:32 AM
- Acadia Pharmaceuticals (ACAD) announces the publication of Phase 3 pimavanserin results in PDP.
- The data, published today in The Lancet, shows "pimavanserin met the primary endpoint ... by demonstrating highly significant improvement in psychosis compared to placebo on the 9-item SAPS-PD scale."
- "The mean change in SAPS-PD score represented a 37% improvement for pimavanserin versus 14% for placebo," the company notes. (PR)
- ACAD +6% premarket
Oct. 14, 2013, 2:51 PM
- Acadia Pharmaceuticals (ACAD +9.3%) is enjoying a strong session.
- Perhaps helping to tip sentiment is SA Contributor Brian Nichols, who says the company's antipsychotic drug pimavanserin has "the greatest sales potential since Lipitor" — good news, considering Lipitor is the best-selling drug in pharmaceutical history.
- Nichols goes on to predict peak global sales of $20.45B, and says his "five key points ... suggest that sales could be even greater."
- As for a target price, Nichols says three times sales for companies with assumed blockbusters (cited are Alexion and Pharmacyclics) isn't unreasonable, and just to be on the safe side, the author discounts peak sales by "a whopping 50%," then multiplies $10B times three to get a valuation of ~$30B.
- Ultimately, Nichols says "a target price over $300 is not unrealistic." This represents upside of around 1,295% from Friday's close.
Oct. 11, 2013, 9:26 AM
- It appears a large number of NPS Pharmaceuticals (NPSP) shares were sold Friday morning at $32 each.
- The company itself was not a part of the transaction. According to NPSP, "these were shares that were held by Takeda that they sold to Jefferies in a block trade and Jefferies has re-sold the shares through its sales distribution network."
- Thursday evening, Cramer recommended "ringing the register on pretty much any biotech that's smaller than $10B." Stocks mentioned: NPSP, ISIS, CLDX, ACAD, TSRO
Oct. 10, 2013, 12:45 PM
Oct. 8, 2013, 12:45 PM
Oct. 8, 2013, 10:58 AM
- Acadia Pharmaceuticals (ACAD -17.9%) shares are down sharply, with no recent news or information to account for the move, though biotech blogger Adam Feuerstein tweets a rumor that today's decline is due to a doctor on a Cowen panel having a bearish stance on its lead drug candidate pimavanserin.
- Pimavanserin is in Phase 3 development as a potential first-in-class treatment for Parkinson's disease psychosis, and ACAD established an expedited path to an NDA filing in Q2.
- Shares are up 403% YTD.
Oct. 7, 2013, 5:45 PM
Aug. 7, 2013, 12:31 PM| 1 Comment
Aug. 7, 2013, 10:19 AM| 1 Comment
Aug. 7, 2013, 12:49 AM
Jun. 18, 2013, 9:31 AM
Jun. 14, 2013, 9:52 AM
Jun. 14, 2013, 9:19 AMPremarket gainers: RH +13%. PXLW +11%. GRPN +8%. SCTY +8%. SYRG +6%. INVN +6%. ACAD +6%. SWHC +5%.
Losers: CEMP -14%. AMSC -9%. HIMX -7%. CLSN -5%. | Comment!
Jun. 10, 2013, 12:45 PM
May. 14, 2013, 4:14 PM
May. 7, 2013, 8:05 PM
ACAD vs. ETF Alternatives
Other News & PR