5d 1m 3m 1y 5y 10y
There are 7 articles on this stock available only to PRO subscribers.
Business Wire (Apr 1, 2014)
Business Wire (Mar 5, 2014)
Business Wire (Mar 4, 2014)
Business Wire (Mar 3, 2014)
ACADIA Pharmaceuticals Reports Financial Results for the Fourth Quarter and Year Ended December 31, 2013Business Wire (Feb 27, 2014)
ACADIA Pharmaceuticals to Announce Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2013 Financial Results on February 27, 2014Business Wire (Feb 20, 2014)
at CNBC.com (Jan 30, 2014)
at MarketWatch.com (Aug 6, 2013)
at MarketWatch.com (Jul 16, 2013)
at CNBC.com (Jun 25, 2013)
at CNBC.com (Jun 24, 2013)
at CNBC.com (Jun 20, 2013)
at CNBC.com (May 23, 2013)
at MarketWatch.com (Apr 23, 2013)
at CNBC.com (Apr 11, 2013)
ACAD vs. ETF Alternatives
Thursday, Feb 274:27 PM
Thursday, Feb 274:27 PM| 2 Comments
- The planned NDA submission for pimavanserin remains on track for near the end of the year, says the company. "In parallel, we are conducting pre-commercial activities to prepare for the planned future launch of pimavanserin and we are planning additional studies in our life cycle management program."
- Cash (and equivalents) on hand of $185.8M vs. $108M thanks to May's equity offering. Cash use will be up this year as company preps for launch, but company expects cash levels to be above $120M at year's end.
- Press release, Q4 results
- CC at 5 ET
- ACAD -1.7% AH
Thursday, Feb 274:04 PM
Thursday, Feb 2712:10 AM
Thursday, Feb 2712:10 AM| 2 Comments
- ACAD, AHT, AIRM, AL, ALIM, AMRN, APEI, ARNA, ATLS, AVD, BAGL, BCEI, BID, BIO, CEMP, CHUY, CLNE, CRM, DCO, DECK, ELGX, EPR, EVC, GPS, HALO, HTGC, KBR, KOG, LINE, MDVN, MELI, MENT, MNST, MTZ, NGD, NMBL, NOG, OLED, OVTI, PKT, PODD, REGI, ROST, SD, SFM, SLXP, SPLK, SPNC, SQNM, SWN, TESO, TUMI, UHS, WES, WG, WTR, XTEX, YOKU
Tuesday, Jan 712:39 PM
Tuesday, Jan 712:39 PM| 10 Comments
- Shares of Acadia Pharmaceuticals (ACAD -3.3%) are flagging and are now sitting at their lows of the day.
- Earlier, SA contributor EnhydrisPECorp named ACAD a "healthcare stock to avoid" in 2014, saying the shares may "bleed all year long until the [pimavanserin] NDA filing in Q4."
- Here's the simple rationale for the author's downbeat outlook: "Firstly, the company now has a market cap over $2B. Secondly, ACAD has no revenues. Thirdly, ACAD has mounting clinical trial costs."
- Notably, EnhydrisPECorp recommended investors short Sarepta Therapeutics on October 30 — since then, the stock is down 54%.
Monday, Nov 252013, 5:42 PM
Thursday, Nov 142013, 9:26 AM
Thursday, Nov 142013, 9:26 AM| Comment!
- Acadia Pharmaceuticals (ACAD) initiates a Phase 2 feasibility trial of pimavanserin in Alzheimer's disease psychosis (for which there are no treatments approved in the U.S.).
- The company says Phase 3 results in Parkinson's disease psychosis (that's -020) suggest the drug "may offer the potential for an important new therapeutic advance" in ADP. (PR)
- In a recent article, SA contributor Jason Napodano said "several pieces of evidence point to a successful outcome" in ADP. He calls the drug "the next blockbuster for psychosis."
Friday, Nov 12013, 8:32 AM
Friday, Nov 12013, 8:32 AM| Comment!
- Acadia Pharmaceuticals (ACAD) announces the publication of Phase 3 pimavanserin results in PDP.
- The data, published today in The Lancet, shows "pimavanserin met the primary endpoint ... by demonstrating highly significant improvement in psychosis compared to placebo on the 9-item SAPS-PD scale."
- "The mean change in SAPS-PD score represented a 37% improvement for pimavanserin versus 14% for placebo," the company notes. (PR)
- ACAD +6% premarket
Monday, Oct 142013, 2:51 PM
Monday, Oct 142013, 2:51 PM| 13 Comments
- Acadia Pharmaceuticals (ACAD +9.3%) is enjoying a strong session.
- Perhaps helping to tip sentiment is SA Contributor Brian Nichols, who says the company's antipsychotic drug pimavanserin has "the greatest sales potential since Lipitor" — good news, considering Lipitor is the best-selling drug in pharmaceutical history.
- Nichols goes on to predict peak global sales of $20.45B, and says his "five key points ... suggest that sales could be even greater."
- As for a target price, Nichols says three times sales for companies with assumed blockbusters (cited are Alexion and Pharmacyclics) isn't unreasonable, and just to be on the safe side, the author discounts peak sales by "a whopping 50%," then multiplies $10B times three to get a valuation of ~$30B.
- Ultimately, Nichols says "a target price over $300 is not unrealistic." This represents upside of around 1,295% from Friday's close.
Friday, Oct 112013, 9:26 AM
Friday, Oct 112013, 9:26 AM| 12 Comments
- It appears a large number of NPS Pharmaceuticals (NPSP) shares were sold Friday morning at $32 each.
- The company itself was not a part of the transaction. According to NPSP, "these were shares that were held by Takeda that they sold to Jefferies in a block trade and Jefferies has re-sold the shares through its sales distribution network."
- Thursday evening, Cramer recommended "ringing the register on pretty much any biotech that's smaller than $10B." Stocks mentioned: NPSP, ISIS, CLDX, ACAD, TSRO
Thursday, Oct 102013, 12:45 PM|Thursday, Oct 102013, 12:45 PM| Comment!
Tuesday, Oct 82013, 12:45 PM
Tuesday, Oct 82013, 10:58 AM
Tuesday, Oct 82013, 10:58 AM| 11 Comments
- Acadia Pharmaceuticals (ACAD -17.9%) shares are down sharply, with no recent news or information to account for the move, though biotech blogger Adam Feuerstein tweets a rumor that today's decline is due to a doctor on a Cowen panel having a bearish stance on its lead drug candidate pimavanserin.
- Pimavanserin is in Phase 3 development as a potential first-in-class treatment for Parkinson's disease psychosis, and ACAD established an expedited path to an NDA filing in Q2.
- Shares are up 403% YTD.
Monday, Oct 72013, 5:45 PM
Wednesday, Aug 72013, 12:31 PM|Wednesday, Aug 72013, 12:31 PM| 1 Comment
Wednesday, Aug 72013, 10:19 AM|Wednesday, Aug 72013, 10:19 AM| 1 Comment
Wednesday, Aug 72013, 12:49 AM