Wed, Feb. 25, 7:37 AM
- Q4 pretax net operating income of $60M or $0.21 per share vs. $52M and $0.19 one year ago.
- Net asset value per share of $20.50 vs. $20.46 at end of Q3. Last night's close was $14.90.
- Progress continues to be made on plans to spin off two BDCs to shareholders. "We continue to adjust our assets so that the two new BDCs will be able to pay market rate dividends and so that the asset composition of the new BDCs will meet statutory requirements."
- Earnings call at 11 ET
- Previously: American Capital misses by $0.05, beats on revenue (Feb. 24)
- ACAS flat premarket
Tue, Feb. 24, 10:33 PM| 1 Comment
Mon, Feb. 23, 5:35 PM
- ACAS, AMRS, ARC, AWAY, AWK, BBRG, BGFV, BNFT, BOOM, CBI, CENX, CLGX, CLR, CPRT, DPM, DWA, DY, DYN, EIX, EPR, EXEL, FLTX, FMI, FSLR, GB, GNMK, HEI, HEP, HLS, HPQ, HURN, HWAY, INFI, JAZZ, KONA, KRA, LC, MATX, MMSI, NDSN, NFX, NKTR, NLY, NSTG, NUVA, NYMT, ORA, PZZA, QEP, RJET, RLYP, RRC, RUBI, SAM, SGY, SLCA, SM, TNDM, TRNX, TXTR, VRSK, VVUS, WBMD, XCO, Y, ZAGG
Nov. 5, 2014, 4:27 PM
- American Capital (NASDAQ:ACAS) will spin off two BDCs - American Capital Growth and Income and American Capital Income - leaving ACAS primarily in the asset management business.
- American Capital Growth and Income's assets will be those primarily issued by companies purchased through American Capital One Stop Buyouts, senior floating rate loans to private companies, and CLO equity investments. This business is at present allocated about $3B of equity.
- American Capital Income's assets will mostly be second lien and mezzanine loans to middle market companies. This business is at present allocated about $1B of equity.
- Both new BDCs will be managed by American Capital. As part of the deal, American Capital will consolidate its operations and remaining assets with American Capital Asset Management. This business at present allocated about $1B of equity.
- The company expects about $25M in cost savings annually, beginning in 2015.
- Source:; Press release
- Previously: American Capital beats by $0.02, beats on revenue
- The earnings conference call is set for tomorrow at 11 ET
- Shares +9.5% after-hours
Nov. 5, 2014, 4:14 PM
Nov. 4, 2014, 5:35 PM
- ABTL, ACAS, ACLS, ALNY, ALSK, ANDE, AR, AREX, ASH, ATO, ATSG, AVG, AWK, BALT, BCOR, BIOS, BKD, BREW, BWC, CBS, CDE, CF, CLR, CODI, CPE, CSOD, CTL, CVG, CXO, DATA, DEPO, DK, DPM, DRYS, DVR, DYN, ECOL, ECYT, EFC, ENS, ENSG, ETE, ETP, EXAR, EXXI, FMI, FNV, G, GNW, GPOR, GSM, HOLX, HTCH, IL, INWK, IO, JCOM, KGC, KW, LBTYA, LHCG, LPSN, MBI, MCHX, MCP, MDR, MDWD, MED, MHLD, MIDD, MRIN, MTDR, MTRX, MUSA, MWE, NDLS, NLY, NVAX, NWSA, OILT, ORA, ORIG, OSUR, PAA, PLNR, PMT, PODD, POWR, PPO, PRGN, PRU, PTC, QCOM, QEP, QUAD, RGP, RNDY, RUTH, SB, SBY, SCTY, SD, SKUL, SLF, SSNI, SSRI, STMP, SUSP, SWIR, SWM, SXL, SYMC, SZYM, TCAP, TEAR, TEG, TERP, THOR, TNGO, TPC, TRAK, TROX, TRUE, TS, TSLA, TSRO, TTEC, TXTR, UHAL, VVUS, WBMD, WFM, WMC, WMGI, WR, WTI, WWWW, XPO, Z
Aug. 6, 2014, 4:47 PM
- Q2 net realized earnings of $19M or $0.07 per share off 14% from a year ago. Net unrealized appreciation of $193M or $0.69 per share up from essentially zero one year ago.
- NAV per share of $20.12 up $0.83 (17% annualized) from Q1, up 4% from a year ago. Today's close of $15.32 is a 23.9% discount to NAV.
- Management is finding the task of separating the management business from the rest of the company a difficult one, but nevertheless expects to have something concrete to present in Q4.
- Previously: American Capital misses on revenue
- ACAS -0.45% AH
Aug. 6, 2014, 4:34 PM
Aug. 5, 2014, 5:35 PM
- ACAS, AGU, ALDW, ANAD, ANDE, AR, ATML, ATO, AWK, BIOS, BIRT, BKD, BREW, BWC, CDE, CDXS, CF, CLDX, CNVR, CODI, COUP, CPA, CPE, CRL, CSII, CSOD, CTL, CXO, CXW, DCTH, DEPO, DK, DNB, DXCM, DYN, ECOL, EFC, ELON, ENS, ENV, ERII, ESS, ETE, ETP, EVC, EXAR, FLTX, FNV, FOXA, FTK, GEOS, GMCR, GPOR, GTY, HI, HIL, IL, INN, INWK, IO, ITMN, IXYS, JACK, KEG, KND, KW, LGP, LHCG, LNT, MBI, MCP, MG, MHLD, MNTX, MRIN, MTDR, MUSA, MWE, NBIX, NLY, NPSP, NRP, NVAX, NVTL, OILT, OSUR, PAA, PACD, PKT, PMT, PPO, PRI, PRU, PRXL, PTLA, QEP, RAIL, REG, RGP, RIG, RJET, RLOC, RNDY, RXN, SAAS, SAPE, SD, SGI, SLF, SN, SSNI, SSRI, SWM, SXL, SYMC, TCAP, TEG, TEP, THOR, THRX, TNGO, TRMR, TROX, TWO, TXTR, UHAL, UIL, WGL, WR, WTI, XNPT, YY, ZU
May. 7, 2014, 4:28 PM
- Pretax NOI of $16M or $0.06 per share falls 69% from Q4.
- Book value per share of $19.29 up $0.32 from the end of Q4.
- 8.9M shares repurchased at average price of $15.38 each. Repurchases have stopped as company retains Goldman to advise on splitting ACAS's investments and asset management businesses.
- CC tomorrow at 11 ET
- Previously: American Capital beats by $0.05, misses on revenue
- Source: Press Release
- ACAS +2.5% AH
May. 7, 2014, 4:26 PM| Comment!
May. 6, 2014, 5:35 PM
- ACAS, ANAC, ANDE, APU, AR, ASYS, ATLS, ATO, AVG, AWK, BALT, BKD, BODY, BREW, BRKR, CAR, CDE, CDXS, CF, CLR, CODI, COUP, CSLT, CTL, CTRP, CXW, CZR, DCTH, DK, DYN, ERII, ESS, EXPD, FANG, FMI, FNV, FURX, GEOS, GMCR, GPOR, GTAT, GTY, HAIN, HK, HNSN, IL, IPAR, KGC, KIM, KND, KW, LCI, LGP, LHCG, LPSN, LXU, MCP, MDR, MHLD, MIDD, MKL, MM, MRIN, MWE, NKTR, NLY, NRP, NSTG, NVAX, NVEC, NVTL, OSUR, PAA, PGTI, PHH, PL, PMT, PNNT, PODD, POWR, PRU, QEP, QTM, RATE, REG, RIG, RNDY, RST, SCMP, SCTY, SD, SFM, SN, SWM, TCAP, TGB, TGI, TROX, TSLA, TWO, TWTC, TXTR, UGI, UIL, UNM, WGL, WR, WTR, XOMA, Z.
Feb. 10, 2014, 5:33 PM
- Net asset value per share of $18.97 is off 2.9% from $19.54 on Sept. 30, and up 6% from a year ago. Stock closed at $15.94 today.
- 8.9M shares repurchased during Q at average price of $14.88 each, adding $0.13 to NAV per share. For full year, 40.4M shares repurchased for at average price of $13.90 each, adding $0.66 to NAV per share.
- Fall in NAV in Q4 largely the result of the struggles of American Capital Asset Management (AGNC and MTGE) - $185M charge for unrealized depreciation due to reduction in projected management fees. There's also a $152M depreciation charge in American Capital's private finance portfolio driven by declining specific company performance, offset by $115M in unrealized appreciation in European Capital investment.
- CC tomorrow at 11 ET
- Press release, Q4 results
- ACAS -5.9% AH to $15.00.
Feb. 10, 2014, 5:13 PM| 1 Comment
Feb. 10, 2014, 12:10 AM
Feb. 9, 2014, 5:35 PM
ACAS vs. ETF Alternatives
American Capital Ltd is an asset management and private equity firm. The Company originates, underwrites and manages investments in middle market private equity, leveraged finance, real estate, energy and structured products.
Other News & PR