There is research on this stock available only to PRO subscribers.
Thu, Sep. 18, 2:50 PM
- Although all three - American Campus Communities (ACC -1.3%), Campus Crest Communities (CCG -1.2%), and Education Realty Trust (EDR -1.1%) - have performed broadly in line with the broad REIT universe, the trio consistently score low in the Markit REIT model.
- Said model ranks REITs on things like balance sheet strength, operational strategy, and price momentum, and those ranking near the bottom have underperformed the REIT sector by more than 25% over the past five years. CCG and EDR have typically been in the worst-ranked group, and ACC has recently joined them, mostly thanks to the stock price's premium to NAV.
- Another red flag (or buying signal depending on how you look at it): The shorts are circling, with short interest up 41% YTD, particularly at EDR, where the ratio of shares on loan has jumped six-fold this year as of the end of July.
Thu, Jul. 31, 1:11 PM| Comment!
Tue, Jul. 22, 4:29 PM| Comment!
Mon, Jul. 21, 5:35 PM
Wed, Jun. 18, 10:55 AM
- American Campus Communities (ACC +0.1%) sells $400M of 10-year senior unsecured notes priced to yield just over 4.125%. Net proceeds of about $395.3M will be used to pay off the outstanding balance on its credit line, and to fund the current development pipeline and potential acquisitions.
- Source: Press Release
Thu, May. 1, 5:30 PM| Comment!
Tue, Apr. 22, 4:25 PM| Comment!
Tue, Apr. 22, 12:10 AM
Mon, Apr. 21, 5:35 PM
Wed, Feb. 12, 4:03 PM| Comment!
Wed, Feb. 12, 12:10 AM
Tue, Feb. 11, 5:35 PM
Tue, Jan. 28, 5:50 PM| Comment!
Thu, Jan. 16, 8:49 AM
- Making a number of changes in its coverage of equity REITs, JPMorgan mostly is taking a shine to the beaten-up sector.
- Upgrades to Overweight: Health Care REIT (HCN), General Growth (GGP), Federal Realty Investment Trust (FRT), EPR Properties (EPR), Douglass Emmett (DEI), Brookfield Properties (BPO), Brandywine Realty (BDN), Avalon Bay (AVB), Apartment Investment & Management (AIV), and STAG Industrial (STAG).
- Downgrades to Neutral: Equity One (EQY), CBL & Associates (CBL), American Campus Communities (ACC).
Fri, Jan. 10, 2:44 PM
- The broad averages are struggling following the jobs number, but the big decline in interest rates (the 10-year Treasury is now off 10 bps to 2.87%) has the equity REIT sector lit up bright green.
- Ventas (VTR +4.4%) is having the biggest day, continuing to cruise through a couple of early-year downgrades (latest was Barclays on Wednesday). Among those also higher: National Retail Properties (NNN +3.1%), Realty Income (O +1.6%), Health Care REIT (HCN +2.5%), HCP (HCP +3.8%), RAIT Finanical (RAS +1.4%), Apartment Investment (AIV +2.9%), General Growth (GGP +1.6%), Inland Real Estate (IRC +1.5%), Government Properties (GOV +1.6%), American Campus (ACC +1.7%).
- Relevant ETFs: IYR, VNQ, REM, DRN, REZ, URE, SRS, RWR, ICF, SCHH, DRV, ROOF, KBWY, RTL, REK, FRI, FTY, PSR, FNIO, WREI
Oct. 30, 2013, 5:17 PM| Comment!
Instablogs are blogs which are instantly set up and networked within the Seeking Alpha community. Instablog posts are not selected, edited or screened by Seeking Alpha editors, in contrast to contributors' articles.
ACC vs. ETF Alternatives
American Campus Communities Inc is a real estate investment trust (REIT). The Company is the owner, manager and developer of high quality student housing properties in the United States in terms of beds owned, developed, and under management.
Other News & PR