Majority of Australian Patients Want Greater Access to Electronic Medical Records, According to Accenture SurveyBusiness Wire (Mon, 6:00PM)
at MarketWatch.com (Thu, 6:01AM)
Business Wire (Wed, 7:00AM)
Accenture to Host Conference Call Thursday, Dec. 19, to Discuss First-Quarter Fiscal Year 2014 ResultsBusiness Wire (Wed, 7:00AM)
at Fox Business (Tue, 8:25AM)
Banca Monte dei Paschi di Siena Engages Bassilichi, Accenture to Support Key Administrative ServicesBusiness Wire (Nov 29, 2013)
Business Wire (Nov 21, 2013)
Business Wire (Nov 21, 2013)
Accenture Qualifies for $65 Million Blanket Purchase Agreement with U.S. Social Security AdministrationBusiness Wire (Nov 21, 2013)
Accenture to Offer Human Capital Management Audit and Compliance Software on SAP HANA® Cloud PlatformBusiness Wire (Nov 21, 2013)
Accenture Delivers Large-Scale ERP System for Salt River Project Focused on Finance and Supply Chain TransformationBusiness Wire (Nov 19, 2013)
at Fox Business (Nov 15, 2013)
at CNBC.com (Oct 31, 2013)
at Fox Business (Oct 30, 2013)
at CNBC.com (Oct 10, 2013)
at MarketWatch.com (Sep 26, 2013)
We are one of the world’s leading management consulting, technology services and outsourcing organizations, with approximately 177,000 employees; offices and operations in more than 200 cities in 52 countries; and revenues before reimbursements (“net revenues”) of $21.58 billion for fiscal... More
Wednesday, Dec 41:49 PMMorgan Stanley cuts Accenture and NetApp, ups Western Digital and Brocade
Wednesday, Dec 41:49 PM| Comment!
- Citing the impact of faster-than-expected cloud computing adoption, Morgan Stanley's Katy Huberty has downgraded Accenture (ACN -1.9%) and NetApp (NTAP -0.9%) to Equal Weight. Meanwhile, citing more favorable risk/reward, Huberty has upgraded Western Digital (WDC +2.8%) to Overweight and Brocade (BRCD +0.5%) to Equal Weight.
- Concerns about the impact of cloud services on sales of IT outsourcing services such as Accenture's, and enterprise storage hardware such as NetApp's, have been around for some time. Recent numbers (I, II) provided by the companies, and by peers such as IBM and EMC, haven't done much to soothe those fears. Synergy Research recently estimated sales of cloud infrastructure (IaaS) and app platform (PaaS) services rose 46% Y/Y in Q3.
- Accenture now trades at 15x estimated FY14 (ends Aug. '14) EPS exc. net cash, and NetApp trades at just 10x estimated FY14 (ends April '14) EPS exc. net cash.
- Western Digital, whose hard drive sales have been pressured by PC weakness and SSD adoption, recently began shipping its first helium drives (they're lighter, denser, and more power-efficient than traditional drives), in part to better meet the needs of Web/cloud companies.
Friday, Nov 299:26 AMAccenture acquires businesses from Hungarian firm
Friday, Nov 299:26 AM| Comment!
- Accenture (ACN) is acquiring the industrial/embedded software development and services ops of Hungarian software development/engineering services firm evopro. Terms are undisclosed. (PR)
- Accenture declares the deal will aid its clients in their industrial software development efforts, and will also strengthen its mobile software development abilities.
- Evopro operates in Germany, Hungary, Romania, and Turkey, and has 1K+ employees. The purchase is the latest in a string of acquisitions Accenture has recently made, as it looks to M&A to improve growth in the face of soft consulting demand.
- Other acquisitions: Procurian, PCO Innovation, Vivere Brasil, Acquity Group, Mortgage Cadence
Thursday, Oct 316:50 PMAccenture buys another PLM consulting firm
Thursday, Oct 316:50 PM| Comment!
- Accenture (ACN) is acquiring PCO Innovation, a consulting/systems integration firm that specializes in implementing product lifecycle management (PLM) software platforms. Terms are undisclosed. (PR)
- PCO's services complement those of Prion Group, a German PLM consulting provider (focused on Siemens' PLM software) that Accenture bought in August.
- Accenture has stepped up its M&A efforts over the last year; the consulting/outsourcing giant is betting acquisitions will help it boost flagging growth.
Friday, Oct 111:37 PMCognizant, Wipro, Accenture up in sympathy with Infosys
Friday, Oct 111:37 PM| Comment!
- Infosys' (INFY +6.1%) FQ2 beat and in-line FY14 revenue guidance (9%-10% growth vs. 9.3% consensus) is providing a lift to IT outsourcing peers Cognizant (CTSH +5.4%), Wipro (WIT +4.2%), and Accenture (ACN +1.7%)
- Cognizant and Wipro have made new 52-week highs. In July, both companies rallied in response to Infosys' FQ1 beat. All four companies sold off last month after Cognizant provided soft revenue and bookings guidance (more the result of consulting weakness rather than outsourcing)
- Infosys' CC remarks could also be helping out the group. CEO S.D. Shibulal mentioned demand from financial services clients is picking up, retail/consumer products demand remains healthy, and European firms are showing greater interest in outsourcing across verticals. However, manufacturing spend is "relatively stagnant," and and the energy, utilities, and telecom verticals remain challenging.
- 15 cloud/big data-related deals were signed in FQ2. Cloud services represent both a growth opportunity for outsourcing firms, and (to the extent in-house projects are abandoned for public cloud services) a long-term threat.
- The rupee's decline boosted Infosys' EBIT margin by 250 bps, but wage hikes took a 300 bps toll.
Thursday, Oct 310:38 AMAccenture buys outsourcing firm Procurian from ICG for $375M
Thursday, Oct 310:38 AM| Comment!
- Procurian has 780 employees, and offers procurement-related BPO services. The all-cash deal is expected to close by year's end. ICG (ICGE +13.3%), which had a market cap of only $527M going into today, has jumped on the news. (PR)
- Accenture (ACN -0.4%), which has been buying companies at an increasingly frequent pace as organic growth slows, says Procurian will augment its existing procurement BPO offerings. In particular, Accenture touts the company's strategic sourcing, analytics, and delivery capabilities.
- Procurian is based out of Pennsylvania, has delivery locations in the U.S. and several other countries.
- Recent Accenture acquisitions: Prion Group, Vivere Brasil, Acquity Group, Mortgage Cadence
Monday, Sep 309:26 AMA roundup of tech ratings changes
Monday, Sep 309:26 AM| Comment!
- BlackBerry (BBRY) has been upgrade to Market Perform by Bernstein. Shares nonetheless -1.4%, following equity futures lower.
- Accenture (ACN) has been upgraded to Hold by SocGen. Shares sold off on Friday in response to the company's soft FQ1/FY14 guidance.
- Xilinx (XLNX) has been upgraded to Outperform by Pac Crest. Shares -0.6%.
- Telecom Italia (TI) has been upgraded to Neutral by JPMorgan following reports CEO Franco Bernabe is set to resign, a move that could clear the way for Latin American asset sales. Shares +3.1%.
- RealPage (RP) has been cut to Underperform by Credit Suisse. Shares -3.5%.
- Chinese online gaming firm NetEase (NTES) and Giant Interactive (GA) have been started at Buy by BNP Paribas.
- Marketo (MKTO) has been started at Outperform by Wells Fargo.
- CyrusOne (CONE) has been started at Overweight by Evercore.
Friday, Sep 271:07 PMAccenture slides following FQ4 report, takes IBM lower with it
Friday, Sep 271:07 PM| Comment!
- The soft revenue and bookings guidance provided with Accenture's (ACN -3.8%) FQ4 results are oveshadowing the company's dividend hike and $5B buyback expansion. Consulting/outsourcing rival IBM (IBM -1.7%) is trading lower in sympathy. Wipro (WIT -3.2%) is also selling off, but outsourcing peers Infosys (INFY -0.3%) and Cognizant (CTSH -0.6%) have pared their morning losses.
- Accenture's CC remarks (transcript) likely aren't helping. CFO David Rowland mentioned that while outsourcing bookings were healthy (book-to-bill of 1.4), all 3 consulting bookings segments - management consulting, tech consulting, and systems integration - were at the low end of its B2B guidance ranges. Total consulting B2B was 1.0
- Rowland adds Accenture thinks the "cycle of lower growth" it has seen in recent quarters "won't change much" near-term.
- Echoing comments from Cisco's John Chambers, CEO Pierre Nanterme mentioned Accenture is seeing more emerging markets "volatility," even as the U.S. performs well and Europe stabilizes.
- Janney's Joseph Foresi is staying bullish, arguing Accenture is "well positioned given its high end capabilities to gain market share as outsourcing becomes more commoditized."
Thursday, Sep 265:34 PM
Thursday, Sep 264:35 PMMore on Accenture: Dividend hiked by 15%
Thursday, Sep 264:35 PM| Comment!
- In addition to adding $5B to its buyback plan, Accenture (ACN) has raised its semi-annual dividend by 15% to $0.93/share. That gives the consulting/outsourcing giant a yield of 2.47%.
- In addition to its free cash flow (expected to total $3.2B-$3.5B in FY14), Accenture has $5.6B in cash/investments on its balance sheet to help pay for its cash-return efforts, and only $25.6M in debt.
- FQ4 results, details
Thursday, Sep 264:24 PMAccenture guidance subdued, $5B added to buyback plan
Thursday, Sep 264:24 PM| Comment!
- Accenture (ACN) expects FQ1 revenue of $7B-$7.3B, below a $7.39B consensus. After factoring an expected 100bps forex impact, FY14 (ends Aug. '14) revenue is expected to grow 1%-5% vs. a 4.4% consensus.
- FY14 EPS is expected to be in a range of $4.42-$4.54 in-line with a $4.49 consensus. Free cash flow is expected to total $3.2B-$3.5B, up from FY13's $2.93B. Bookings are expected to total $32B-$35B vs. $33.3B in FY13.
- Bookings fell 9% Y/Y in FQ4 to $8.4B. Consulting and outsourcing respectively made up 46% and 54% of bookings, unchanged from a year ago.
- FQ4 Americas revenue +8% Y/Y to $3.19B, EMEA +2% to $2.64B, Asia-Pac -7% to $1.06B.
- Teleco,/media/tech revenue flat Y/Y, financial services +3%, health/public service +12%, products +6%, resources -1%.
- $1.1B was spent on buybacks in FQ4. $5B has been added to the company's buyback plan, raising its total available authorization to $7B (good for buying back 11.5% of shares at current levels).
- ACN -0.9% AH. CC at 4:30PM ET. FQ4 results, PR.
Thursday, Sep 264:02 PM
Thursday, Sep 2612:10 AM
Wednesday, Sep 255:35 PM
Monday, Sep 161:31 PMAccenture buys majority stake in Brazilian mortgage tech firm
Monday, Sep 161:31 PM| 1 Comment
- Accenture's (ACN +2.4%), which has stepped up its M&A pace lately, has bought a majority stake in Vivere Brasil, a Brazilian mortgage-processing software/services firm. Terms are undisclosed. (PR)
- Vivere will be integrated with Accenture's Credit Services mortgage consulting/outsourcing unit. The purchase comes two months after Accenture bought loan origination/electronic document software firm Mortgage Cadence.
- Other Accenture acquisitions: Prion Group, Acquity Group, Fjord, avVenta
Monday, Aug 1211:00 AMAccenture continues M&A binge, buys Germany's Prion Group
Monday, Aug 1211:00 AM| Comment!
- Accenture (ACN -0.2%) is buying Prion Group, a German consulting/systems integration firm specializing in Siemens product lifecycle management (PLM) software deployments. The company has 330 employees.
- Prion's services will be added to Accenture's existing stable of PLM deployment services.
- Two weeks ago, Dow Jones reported Accenture is in talks to buy consulting firm Booz & Co.
- Other Accenture acquisitions: Mortgage Cadence, Acquity Group, Fjord, avVenta
Friday, Aug 99:41 AMA roundup of tech analyst ratings changes
Friday, Aug 99:41 AM| 1 Comment
- Cisco (CSCO - unchanged) has been upgraded to Neutral by JPMorgan ahead of its Aug. 14 FQ4 report.
- Baidu (BIDU +2.5%) has been upgraded to Buy by Citi following a 50%+ run-up since early July.
- SunEdison (SUNE -2.4%) has been cut to Hold by Ardour Capital two days after posting a mixed Q2 report.
- Accenture (ACN +0.7%) has been upgraded to Outperform by Baird.
- Orbitz (OWW -0.9%) has been cut to Neutral by Lazard following yesterday's huge post-earnings gains.
- inContact (SAAS -8%) has been cut to Hold by Benchmark following its Q2 revenue miss.
- Take-Two (TTWO +1.3%) has been started at Buy by Benchmark.
- Ixia (XXIA +1.9%) has been started at Buy by Jefferies.
Instablogs are blogs which are instantly set up and networked within the Seeking Alpha community. Instablog posts are not selected, edited or screened by Seeking Alpha editors, in contrast to contributors' articles.