Aug. 23, 2013, 10:19 AM
- Pandora (P -12.8%) has been downgraded by Raymond James (Neutral) and Stifel (Hold) following its FQ2 beat, mixed guidance, and decision to remove its mobile listening cap.
- VMware (VMW +2.7%) has been upgraded to Buy by Jefferies. The company's annual VMworld conference starts on Sunday.
- CenturyLink (CTL +1.2%) has been upgraded to Neutral by Nomura.
- Renren (RENN +6.8%) has been upgraded to Hold by Jefferies following the sale of its Nuomi group-buying site to Baidu. The firm downgraded Renren only a week ago.
- First Solar (FSLR +1%) and Trina Solar (TSL +2.7%) have been upgraded to Market Perform by Raymond James. RJ downgraded First Solar in April.
- Autodesk (ADSK +12.6%) has been upgraded to Buy by B. Riley. Shares are surging after initially falling in AH trading in response to the light FQ3 guidance accompanying Autodesk's FQ2 beat.
- Jiayuan.com (DATE -3.4%) has been cut to Market Perform by Oppenheimer two day after posting Q2 results.
- SunEdison (SUNE -0.4%) has been upgraded to Buy by Needham a day after announcing plans to spin off its semiconductor wafer ops through an IPO.
Aug. 23, 2013, 9:15 AM
Aug. 22, 2013, 5:30 PM
Aug. 22, 2013, 4:20 PM
- Autodesk (ADSK) expects FQ3 revenue of $540M-$555M and EPS of $0.36-$0.40, below a consensus of $580.9M and $0.50. The CAD software giant blames "challenging dynamics" within certain end-markets.
- In addition, Autodesk isn't providing any FY14 guidance. In May, the company guided for ~3% FY14 rev. growth. The consensus is currently at 2.2%.
- Platform Solutions & Emerging Business remains a weak spot: revenue -9% Y/Y in FQ2 vs. -6% in FQ1. The same goes for Media & Entertainment, -11% vs. -8%. Architecture, Engineering, and Construction (+6% vs. +4%) and Manufacturing (+2% vs. -4%) are healthier.
- EMEA revenue -4% Y/Y, Americas, +2%, Asia-Pac -1%. Flagship products revenue -11% to $289M, Suites +18% to $193M, new & adjacent products -1% to $80M.
- Deferred revenue -6% Q/Q and +7% Y/Y to $806M.
- CC at 5PM ET. FQ2 results, PR
Aug. 22, 2013, 4:04 PM
Aug. 22, 2013, 12:10 AM
Aug. 21, 2013, 5:35 PM
Aug. 19, 2013, 11:39 AM
- Autodesk (ADSK) has acquired product lines from two U.K.-based software firms. One of the lines, Sam, includes software tools for analyzing and designing small/medium-sized bridges, and the other, AutoTrack, features software used to analyze vehicle movements (i.e. swept path analysis) and design parking areas/roundabouts.
- Sam and AutoTrack will be added to Autodesk's existing lineup of transportation-focused building information modeling (BIM) tools.
- The company has been more than happy to expand via M&A in recent years. Previous acquisitions: Tinkercad, PI-VR, Firehole Composites, Socialcam, Inforbix, Qontext.
- FQ2 results arrive on Thursday afternoon.
Aug. 8, 2013, 7:45 PM
- Goldman strategist David Kostin has identified what he thinks are the top 40 most undervalued stocks; at the time he issued the note yesterday, each stock had at least 20% upside to his price target.
- The list: MPC, ADSK, VTR, CRM, AMT, SPG, HAL, DVN, EXPE, SWN, R, ESV, BRCM, CAM, NBL, WYNN, WYN, NE, VMC, PSX, NBR, CCI, APC, EL, NFX, FSLR, GM, YHOO, CERN, EOG, CTSH, GT, QCOM, MON, VLO, SLB, PCP, AMAT, BMY, NOV.
Aug. 6, 2013, 9:22 AM
- TeamPlatform's cloud-based software allows project design and engineering teams to share files and collaborate on CAD/3D printing projects.
- 3D Systems (DDD) says TeamPlatform's offerings will be integrated with its Geomagic professional 3D object design/scanning software, and also its Cubify.com consumer 3D printing portal/marketplace.
- With this acquisition, 3D Systems is encroaching on Autodesk's (ADSK) turf. The CAD software giant competes with TeamPlatform via its comprehensive Autodesk 360 cloud CAD software suite. (PR)
Jun. 28, 2013, 2:24 PMIn addition to IBM, several other enterprise IT names are pressured by Accenture's (ACN -10.3%) May quarter revenue miss (caused by consulting weakness), light guidance, and commentary about soft European demand. SAP (SAP -3.6%), Autodesk (ADSK -2.3%), Qlik (QLIK -2.1%), and Informatica (INFA -1.8%), all of whom have strong European exposure, are among the casualties. Other decliners include VMware (VMW -1.5%), Salesforce (CRM -1.9%), Teradata (TDC -1.8%), and CommVault (CVLT -3.9%). In his downgrade note on Accenture, Raymond James' Brian Gesuale mentioned "ERP [software consulting] work is showing signs of commoditization and short-term projects remain on the shelf." That might not be going over well with SAP investors. | 2 Comments
Jun. 26, 2013, 2:00 PMWindows 8.1 will include 3D printing APIs meant to ease the process of building apps that support the technology, Microsoft (MSFT) announces at its BUILD conference. Among the APIs is a 3D printing dialog menu similar to the standard print dialog found in many Windows apps. 3D Systems (DDD +0.9%), Stratasys (SSYS +1.3%) acquisition target MakerBot, and CAD software giant Autodesk (ADSK +1.4%) plan to support the APIs. | 2 Comments
May. 19, 2013, 2:09 PMAutodesk (ADSK) is acquiring Tinkercad, a developer of low-cost, web-based, 3D modeling and simulation tools. In tandem with the deal, Autodesk says it will revive Tinkercad's modeling service, which the startup recently said it would discontinue to focus on its supercomputer-powered Airstone simulation environment. Tinkercad's offerings will be added to Autodesk's 123D family of hobbyist-focused 3D design products, which now includes iPad apps. Terms are undisclosed. (other acquisitions: Firehole Composites, PI-VR, Qontext, Inforbix, Socialcam) | Comment!
May. 17, 2013, 9:10 AM
May. 16, 2013, 5:41 PM
May. 16, 2013, 4:46 PMMore on Autodesk: Company blames a "mixed global economy" and a "weak April" for FQ1 miss. FQ2 guidance is for revenue of $550M-$570M and EPS $0.39-$0.44, below a consensus of $597.5M and $0.51. Revenue now expected to grow ~3% in FY14 (ends Jan. '14), below a 5.9% consensus. Deferred revenue +3% Q/Q and +17% Y/Y to $861M. EMEA -4% Y/Y, worse than FQ4's -2%. Asia-Pac -3%, much worse than FQ4's +11%. Americas -3% vs. -2%. Two product weak spots: Platform Solutions & Emerging Business -6%, Media & Entertainment -8%. Construction +4%, manufacturing -4%. $129M in buybacks. ADSK -7.3% AH. CC at 5PM ET (webcast). (PR) (prepared remarks - .pdf) | Comment!
ADSK vs. ETF Alternatives
Other News & PR