Dec. 22, 2014, 4:12 PM
- The options being considered by Advanced Energy (NASDAQ:AEIS) for its solar inverter ops include "a sale, joint venture, partnership, licensing or other alternatives including additional product line optimization and rationalization, in order to maximize shareholder value."
- AEIS also says it plans to record a $10M-$14M non-cash inventory charge in Q4 related to "the company's strategic review and resulting retirement of certain central inverter legacy products."
- Central (string) solar inverters have been losing ground to microinverters. The former are cheaper than the latter, but can also be less reliable and/or efficient.
- Shares are halted.
Nov. 18, 2014, 4:42 PM
- Advanced Energy (NASDAQ:AEIS) CFO Danny Herron will "step down after a transition period to pursue other opportunities." A search has begun for a successor.
- AEIS also announces corporate controller Bill Trupkiewicz has been promoted to chief accounting officer.
Nov. 3, 2014, 4:13 PM
Nov. 2, 2014, 5:35 PM
- ACXM, AEIS, AGU, AIG, AMTG, ANV, APL, BDE, BKH, CHGG, CKP, CRK, CUTR, CVD, CXW, CYH, DXPE, EGAN, ELNK, ENH, EOX, EPAM, EQC, FN, FTR, GALE, GRT, GTY, HLF, IART, ININ, KAMN, KBR, LCI, MCEP, MDU, MR, MRO, NBIX, NLS, NOR, NTRI, OGS, OTTR, PKT, PL, PLOW, PQ, QLYS, RBC, REG, RKT, RKUS, RLD, RTEC, SALE, SBRA, SGY, SKH, SNHY, SRC, SSW, SUP, TDW, THC, TXRH, VNO, VNR, WTR, Y
Oct. 1, 2014, 8:33 AM| Comment!
Aug. 4, 2014, 4:12 PM
Aug. 3, 2014, 5:35 PM
- ACLS, ACXM, AEIS, AIG, ANV, APL, AREX, BRS, CAR, CHGG, CKEC, CKP, CNQR, CRK, CUTR, DRC, ECOM, ELNK, ENH, EOX, EPAM, GTAT, ININ, IRWD, JMBA, KAMN, KONA, LF, LLNW, LMNS, MCEP, MDR, MRO, MWA, NLS, OGS, OTTR, PHH, PL, PLOW, PXD, QLYS, REGI, ROSE, RP, RTEC, SALE, SNHY, THC, TNET, TNET, TSRA, TXRH, VNO, VNR, VVC, WAGE, Y
Jun. 3, 2014, 9:11 AM
- Advanced Energy Industries (AEIS) -9.2% premarket after yesterday's announcement that Garry Rogerson has decided to step down as CEO.
- AEIS is downgraded to Hold from Buy at Needham following the news, as Rogerson is viewed as the key figure in driving the major operational changes to enable strong earnings growth and leverage; the firm is concerned that multiple high-level departures in such a short time could cause major disruption of the business.
May. 6, 2014, 12:45 PM
May. 5, 2014, 5:40 PM
May. 5, 2014, 4:18 PM| Comment!
May. 4, 2014, 5:35 PM
- AEIS, AIG, APC, APL, ARE, AXLL, BDE, BNFT, CATM, CFN, CKEC, CKP, CRK, DATA, ECOL, ECOM, EGOV, ELNK, ENH, EOG, EOX, FLDM, FN, G, HCLP, HGR, HI, IDTI, ININ, KAR, LF, MCEP, MED, MR, NLS, OAS, OTTR, PIKE, PRI, PSMI, QLYS, RBC, RGR, ROSE, RWT, SALE, SKH, SMG, SNHY, STAG, SZYM, THC, TXRH, UAM, VECO, VNO, VVUS, WG, YY, ZIPR.
Feb. 3, 2014, 4:23 PM| Comment!
Feb. 3, 2014, 12:10 AM
Feb. 2, 2014, 5:35 PM
Jan. 3, 2014, 3:07 PM
- The recovery in the solar PV sector (KWT +1.9%; TAN +0.8%) should continue into 2014, Needham says, tapping Advanced Energy (AEIS +1.8%) and SunEdison (SUNE +0.8%) as its top picks in the space.
- Needham believes the solar sector will continue to improve due to technology approaching grid parity in several unsubsidized markets; increased availability of financing through a number of private funds and public vehicles; a more balanced supply/demand; and reducing cost structure.
- The firm believes overall worldwide solar installation will grow from 36 GW in 2013 to 42 GW in 2014, driven by rising demand in China, the U.S. and several emerging markets, while demand out of the Europe and Japan will remain stable.
AEIS vs. ETF Alternatives
Advanced Energy Industries Inc designs, manufactures, sells and supports industrial power conversion products that transform power into various usable forms. The Company also supplies thermal instrumentation products for advanced temperature control.
Other News & PR