Wed, Feb. 11, 5:08 PM
Tue, Feb. 10, 5:35 PM
- ABCO, ACHC, AEM, AMAT, AMBR, AUY, BIDU, CAKE, CJES, CPA, CRAY, CSCO, CSOD, CTL, CVA, CXW, CYS, DDR, DIOD, EFC, EFX, EXL, FET, FEYE, FORR, GAS, HIVE, HNI, HOS, IO, ITRI, LPSN, MET, NSIT, NTAP, NTWK, NU, NVDA, OII, PNRA, PPC, QDEL, REG, SCSS, SKX, SLF, SPRT, STMP, SWM, TAL, TCX, TRIP, TSLA, TSO, TTGT, WFM, ZEN, ZU
Oct. 29, 2014, 7:22 PM
- Agnico Eagle Mines (NYSE:AEM) -1.7% AH after Q3 earnings and revenues both fall short of analyst expectations.
- AEM's Q3 production totaled ~349K oz. of gold, up 10.6% Y/Y, with average cash costs for producing an ounce of gold on a by-product basis rising to $716/oz. from $591 in the same period last year.
- Expects FY 2014 production of ~1.4M oz., exceeding the upper guidance of company guidance, with total cash costs on a by-product basis of $650-$675/oz.
- AEM raises its FY 2015 production forecast 1.6M oz. from a previous outlook for 1.25M oz., as it expects higher output from its Meadowbank mine in Canada, Kittila mine in Finland and Mexican operations.
Oct. 29, 2014, 5:10 PM
Oct. 28, 2014, 5:35 PM
- ABX, ACGL, ACHC, ACMP, AEGN, AEM, AFOP, AHL, AIZ, AKAM, ALDW, ALL, ANIK, ARAY, ARII, ARRS, ASGN, ATML, AUY, AXS, BGC, BIDU, BLKB, BMR, CACI, CALX, CAR, CATM, CAVM, CBG, CBL, CEMP, CENX, CHDN, CJES, CLD, CLUB, CMO, CNW, CRL, CRUS, CSGP, CSII, CUZ, CW, CWT, DAC, DRE, DRIV, DWA, EQIX, EQY, ESRT, ESV, EXL, EXR, FBHS, FFIV, FISH, FLEX, FLTX, FMC, FNF, FORM, FORR, FR, GLUU, HBI, HOS, HT, IPI, IRG, ISIL, JDSU, KEX, KRFT, KS, LGCY, LNC, LOCK, LOPE, MAA, MANT, MASI, MDAS, MEOH, MET, MOBL, MTGE, MUR, NCLH, NE, NEU, NEWP, NSIT, OII, PDM, PEIX, PGTI, PPC, PRXL, PSMI, PVA, QGEN, QTM, QUIK, RFMD, RGR, RJF, RNG, RRC, RRTS, RST, SCI, SFLY, SGI, SIMO, SLCA, SPN, SPRT, SSNC, SSS, STR, SU, TEX, TFSL, TGB, TGI, THG, TRLA, TTMI, TTWO, UNM, V, VECO, VGR, VPRT, VR, WLL, WMB, WPZ, WSTL, WTW
Jul. 30, 2014, 5:34 PM
- Agnico Eagle Mines (NYSE:AEM) -1.3% AH after Q2 earnings and revenues miss analyst expectations.
- Payable gold production in Q2 totaled ~326K oz., including 11,878 oz. from the Canadian Malartic mine, up 45% Y/Y, at a cash cost of $626/oz. vs. $785/oz. in the year-ago quarter; AEM cites higher grades at Meadowbank and contributions from commercial production at Goldex and La India.
- Raises FY 2014 production guidance, now seeing 1.35M-1.37M oz., with total cash costs of $650-$675/oz.; all-in sustaining costs are unchanged at $990/oz.
- In a mid-year exploration update, AEM highlights continued expansion at its IVR discovery in Nunavut, a new deep intersection at Kittila, and technical studies progress at the Meliadine and Akasaba West projects.
Jul. 30, 2014, 5:19 PM
Jul. 29, 2014, 5:35 PM
- ABX, AEL, AEM, AKAM, ALB, ALL, ALLE, AMC, ANIK, ARII, ASGN, ATEN, ATW, AUY, AVG, BALT, BGC, BMRN, CATM, CAVM, CBT, CENX, CHDN, CJES, CLUB, CMO, CNL, CNW, CODE, COHR, CTRP, CW, CWT, DDR, DRE, DRIV, EGN, EHTH, ELGX, ENTR, EQIX, EQY, ESRT, ESV, EXL, EXR, FBHS, FEIC, FISH, FMC, FNF, FOE, FORM, FORR, GLUU, HIG, HK, HOLX, HOS, HR, HTH, INT, IPI, ISIL, KBR, KEX, KGC, KRFT, KS, LGCY, LNC, LOCK, LPSN, LRCX, MAA, MANT, MDAS, MEOH, MET, MOBL, MOH, MTGE, MTW, MUR, NANO, NE, NEWP, NOW, OI, OTEX, PDM, PEIX, PGTI, PPC, PVA, QUIK, RKUS, ROVI, RRTS, SAM, SBRA, SCI, SFLY, SIMG, SPN, SPRT, SSS, STAA, STAG, STMP, STR, SU, SZYM, TCO, TGB, TGI, TS, TSO, TTEK, TTMI, TWTC, UNM, VGR, VPRT, WDC, WFM, WLL, WMB, WPZ, WSTL, WTW, YELP
May. 1, 2014, 6:32 PM
- Agnico Eagle Mines (AEM) +6.4% AH after Q1 earnings more than quadrupled Y/Y and beat estimates, as it set a company record for gold production with 366,421 oz. at total cash costs of $537/oz.
- AEM says it now expects FY 2014 production to come in above its previous high estimate, while costs will come in under the low of its previous forecast range.
- Q1 operating activities provided $247M of cash, up from $146M in the year-ago quarter, despite lower gold prices.
- Sees 2014 capex of $431M, more than previous guidance of $416M, as several new projects were approved.
May. 1, 2014, 4:31 PM
Apr. 30, 2014, 5:35 PM
- ABFS, ABTL, ACGL, ADNC, ADUS, AEM, AFFX, AHS, AIV, AKAM, ALDW, ALJ, AVD, BAGL, BBG, BCOR, BJRI, BKH, BMRN, BYI, CALD, CERS, CHGG, CPSI, CSOD, CTCT, CTRL, CUBE, CVD, DCT, DGI, DRC, DVA, DXCM, EGO, EHTH, ELLI, ENTR, EPAY, EXEL, EXPE, FI, FLR, FLT, GERN, HCI, HME, HT, HTCH, HTGC, IMMR, IMPV, INVN, IPXL, ITMN, KEYW, KOG, KRFT, LAYN, LNKD, LNT, LRE, MCRS, MHK, MITK, MODN, MOH, MRC, MTW, MTZ, MXWL, NGVC, NTRI, NU, OIS, OMCL, ONNN, ONTY, OPEN, OUTR, PCCC, PKT, PMCS, PSA, QLGC, RBCN, SBAC, SEM, SGEN, SKUL, SNAK, SPF, SQNM, SREV, SSNC, SWIR, SWN, TEG, TPX, TS, TSYS, VRTX, WU, WWWW, WYNN, XL, XPO.
Feb. 13, 2014, 3:53 PM
- Agnico Eagle Mines (AEM +1.9%) continues to gain strength despite cutting its dividend, after reporting Q4 earnings that beat forecasts and finishing 2013 with production ahead of guidance and costs below guidance.
- AEM says all-in sustaining costs of mining were $952/oz. in 2013, below guidance of $1,025/oz., adding that it has lowered its cost per ton at many mines while also raising production.
- With growth projects well underway at several operations, AEM is able to cut its capital spending while maintaining growth, Cowen analysts say.
- Reports record annual gold production at Meadowbank: 430,613 oz. at a total cash cost of $774/oz.
Feb. 13, 2014, 12:09 AM| 1 Comment
Feb. 12, 2014, 12:10 AM
Feb. 11, 2014, 5:35 PM
Oct. 24, 2013, 10:36 AM
- Agnico Eagle Mines (AEM +17.3%) soars after Q3 results came in far above expectations, showing gold companies can thrive in a weaker gold price environment.
- Q3 gold production hit a record 315.8K oz., driven by strong results from its Meadowbrook mine, which seems to have turned the corner after performing poorly in its first years of operation; even CEO Sean Boyd says he was pleasantly surprised.
- AEM appears to be managing its costs effectively: Q3 total cash costs of $591/oz. ended far below Q2's unusually high $785/oz., and AEM now sees full-year cash costs of $690/oz. vs. its prior estimate of $735-$785.
- Following the report, BMO Capital upgrades shares to Outperform from Market Perform with a $35 price target, up from $32.
AEM vs. ETF Alternatives
Other News & PR