Mon, May 18, 3:03 PM
- Goldman's sees the S&P 500 hitting a mid-year high of 2,150 by mid-year, but fading to 2,100 by year-end after the Fed hikes rates. Its 12-month forecast of 2,125 stands against the current level of 2,130.
- With appreciation returns expected to be nil, Goldman suggests having a look at its dividend growth portfolio - a sector-neutral basket of 50 stocks. They have a median yield of 2.5% and are expected to boost payouts by 16% this year and 12% in 2016. The group's P-E ratio is 15 vs. 17.3 for the S&P 500.
- The ten highest-yielding additions: Harley-Davidson (NYSE:HOG) - with a 2.3% yield, Home Depot (NYSE:HD) - 2.1%, Dr. Pepper Snapple (NYSE:DPS) - 2.5%, National Oilwell Varco (NYSE:NOV) - 3.6%, Regions Financial (NYSE:RF) - 2.3%, Baxter International (NYSE:BAX) - 3.1%, Cummins (NYSE:CMI) - 2.4%, Seagate Technology (NASDAQ:STX) - 3.9%, International Paper (NYSE:IP) - 3.1%, AES Corp (NYSE:AES) - 3%.
- Looking over a ten-year horizon, Goldman expects dividends to account for 46% of the S&P 500's 5% annualized return, up from 20% during the current bull market which started in 2009.
- ETFs: DVY, SCHD, ADX, SDOG, DLN, DHS, FDL, DTD, FVD, DVYL, SDYL
Tue, May 12, 5:54 PM
- AES Corp. (NYSE:AES) -3.3% AH after announcing a secondary public offering of 60M common shares by a subsidiary controlled by China Investment Corp., and the concurrent repurchase of 20M shares.
- Following completion of the offering, AES expects that the selling stockholder will have fully sold its stake in the company.
Mon, May 11, 6:02 AM
Sun, May 10, 5:30 PM
Wed, May 6, 8:45 AM
- Allete (NYSE:ALE) subsidiary Allete Clean Energy agrees to acquire the AES Armenia Mountain Wind 100.5 MW wind facility near Troy, Pa., from AES Corp. (NYSE:AES) and a minority shareholder for $108M plus the assumption of existing debt.
- ALE says all the facility's energy output is sold through existing power purchase agreements that extend through 2025.
- This is the fourth wind facility ACE has acquired from AES and the seventh in its portfolio.
Fri, Apr. 24, 9:23 AM
Wed, Apr. 22, 3:10 PM
- Norges Bank Investment Management, the pension fund fueled by Norway's oil revenue, says it will oppose power company AES Corp. (AES +1.6%) on four corporate governance proposals.
- The fund says it will support a proxy access proposal to let big shareholders list competing board candidates on official AES corporate ballots, as well as a proposal to let holders of at least 20% of the company's shares call a special shareholder meeting.
- The proposal furthers a movement that has gained steam as several major companies have granted the power to shareholders that could open the way to more fights over board seats.
Wed, Apr. 8, 8:43 AM
- Bulgaria’s state-owned National Electricity Company agrees to reduced long-term power-purchase prices with the local coal-fired plants of U.S. power producers AES Corp. (NYSE:AES) and ContourGlobal to avoid default.
- The country's energy minister says the renegotiated agreements will help save 1B lev ($556M) by the time they expire in 2026 with AES and 2024 with ContourGlobal; capacity prices were cut by 14% for AES and 17% for Contour.
- National Electricity has a total deficit of 3.3B lev as it bought electricity at prices higher than current market rates under long-term power-purchase agreements with solar and wind power producers, AES and ContourGlobal.
- AES +1.4% premarket.
Thu, Feb. 26, 6:07 AM
Wed, Feb. 25, 5:30 PM
- ACIW, ACTA, AES, AKRX, AMCX, AMWD, ANSS, ARCC, BDBD, BIN, BUD, CCG, CHS, CNP, CNSL, CRI, CWEI, CYBX, DDD, EME, EXH, EXLP, FCH, FIG, FRO, GCAP, GOGO, HAWK, HEES, HSC, HSNI, ICON, IQNT, IRDM, ITC, KOP, KSS, LKQ, LPI, LTM, MBLY, MDXG, MGLN, MITL, MRGE, [[NTi]], NTLS, NXST, NXTM, OGE, ONE, RHP, SDRL, SEAS, SFY, SHLD, SNAK, SNH, SNMX, SRE, SRPT, TASR, TD, TICC, TWI, VAC, VC, VICL, WAC, WNR, XCRA, ZEUS
Wed, Jan. 28, 7:15 PM
- Merrill Lynch makes the case in a new report that many fundamentals still favor keeping a position in the utilities sector even after a period of gains, and 24/7 Wall Street screened for the firm's top five Buy-rated utilities with the highest yields.
- The list is headed by Edison International (NYSE:EIX), which makes Merrill's US 1 list; EIX raised the quarterly dividend paid to shareholders by 17.6% back in December, signaling a strong commitment to investors.
- Dominion Resources (NYSE:D) is expected to grow its dividend by 7% this year, in line with the past four; the report says many Wall Street analysts believe new EPA regulations actually could provide a boost for the company.
- Also named: AES, PPL, UIL.
Dec. 15, 2014, 8:43 AM
- AES Corp. (NYSE:AES) agrees to sell a minority stake in its AES US Investments unit for $244M to La Caisse de depot et placement du Québec, or CDPQ.
- The deal will leave AES with an 85% stake in AES US, which is the sole owner of IPALCO Enterprises; in turn, AES US will hold an 82.35% stake in IPALCO after the deal.
- Additionally, CDPQ will invest $349M in IPALCO through 2016 in exchange for a nearly 18% stake in Indianapolis Power & Light.
Dec. 15, 2014, 7:13 AM
Nov. 6, 2014, 6:13 AM
Nov. 5, 2014, 5:30 PM
- AAON, AAP, AAWW, AEE, AES, AINV, AKRX, AMCX, AMRC, AMSC, AOL, APA, AZN, BBG, BCE, BCRX, BDBD, BKCC, BR, CDW, CECE, CECO, CNK, CNQ, COTY, CPN, CRZO, CVC, CYNI, DNOW, DTV, ERJ, FSYS, FUN, FUR, GEO, GLP, GNRC, GOLD, HAIN, HII, HNR, HSC, HSIC, HSP, HZNP, IT, KATE, KERX, KLIC, LIN, LMIA, LPI, MITL, MPEL, MWIV, NAVB, NRF, NTWK, NXTM, ONE, OWW, PBH, PDCE, PERI, PHMD, PKD, PMC, PNK, POZN, PRFT, PRGO, PRIM, PTCT, RDNT, RGEN, SATS, SCMP, SFUN, SFY, SGM, SLH, SNI, SNMX, SRPT, TAP, TCPC, TDC, TEDU, THS, TK, TNDM, TPH, TU, VC, VIVO, WAC, WD, WEN, WIN, ZEUS
Oct. 15, 2014, 5:18 PM
AES vs. ETF Alternatives
The AES Corporation is a power generation and utility company. The Company operates in two business lines; Generation & Utilities; through its six market-oriented Strategic Business Units in United States, Andes, Brazil, MCAC, EMEA and Asia.
Other News & PR