Jun. 25, 2014, 4:40 PM
- AES Corp. (AES) agrees to sell 45% of its stake in the Masinloc power plant as well as development projects in the Philippines to EGCO Group for $453M; after the sale, AES will own a 51% stake in Masinloc and will continue to manage and operate the plant.
- Separately, AES says recent actions by Bulgaria's energy regulator limiting the ability of the country's national electric company to pass through certain costs to the regulated market could hurt the financial performance of its 690 MW Maritza plant.
Jun. 17, 2014, 5:19 PM
- SunEdison (SUNE) is buying AES' 50% stake in Silver Ridge Power (SRP) for an undisclosed sum. The deal gives SunEdison 50% ownership of 336MW of operating solar projects, and 40% ownership of a 183MW CA solar project to be finished in 2016. (PR)
- The remaining 50% stake in SRP will continue to be owned by Riverstone Holdings. But Riverstone and SunEdison expect SRP to contribute a 266MW operating CA solar project in its possession to SunEdison's TerraForm Power (TERP) YieldCo unit.
- SunEdison also expects to buy Riverstone's share of SRP's interest in the 183MW project, and to contribute a 40% interest in the project to TerraForm in 2016.
- Earlier: Solar stocks jump following SolarCity, Yingli news
Feb. 28, 2012, 2:44 PM
Feb. 27, 2012, 6:53 AM
Nov. 22, 2011, 7:05 PM
Sep. 23, 2011, 11:54 AM
Jul. 8, 2011, 9:01 AMTelecom Italia (TI -3.3%) is acquiring Brazilian fiber optic network owner AES Atimus, a unit of American power company AES, for approximately $1B. Telecom Italia, which already controls Brazil's 3rd-largest wireless carrier, expects the AES Atimus deal to "provide savings worth 1 billion Brazilian reais [$641M] over three years." | Comment!
Apr. 20, 2011, 4:00 AM
AES vs. ETF Alternatives
The AES Corporation is a power generation and utility company. The Company operates in two business lines; Generation & Utilities; through its six market-oriented Strategic Business Units in United States, Andes, Brazil, MCAC, EMEA and Asia.
Other News & PR