Wed, Aug. 26, 11:42 AM
- Home healthcare company Amedisys (NASDAQ:AMED) has significantly amped up its acquisition ambitions, putting together a lengthy list of possible targets as it looks to consolidate a fragmented industry.
- New CEO Paul Kusserow says the company is looking at more than 200 candidates for outright M&A as well as joint ventures and partnerships: "We have a lot of firepower, a lot of powder, to go out and buy things on a large scale."
- That's up from 15 prospects in its deal pipeline just six months ago.
- Changes to how the government pays for home healthcare for Medicare patients stands to benefit Amedisys, as weaker performers are driven out, Kusserow says: "There is going to be tremendous consolidation in this industry if these things come close to fruition."
- Amedisys is one of the larger players in the sector, along with Kindred Healthcare (NYSE:KND), Almost Family (NASDAQ:AFAM) and LHC Group (NASDAQ:LHCG).
AFAM vs. ETF Alternatives
Almost Family Inc is a provider of home health services. Its services include rehabilitation services such as physical therapy occupational therapy and speech therapy. It also provides specialty programs and senior care advocacy.
Other News & PR