SA News • Wed, Oct. 15
Be smarter and faster with PRO Alerts on AFCB
There is research on this stock available only to PRO subscribers.
- Athens Bancshares reports earnings.
- The results reaffirm my thesis that the bank is limited in the ways that it can grow its bottom line.
- Although returns will pale in comparison to peers, the bank's buyback program will continue to be the main EPS driver .
Athens Bancshares Can't Buyback Shares Fast Enough, Does That Make It A Buy?
- After converting from a mutual holding company in 2010, Athens Bancshares has been on a buyback spree that helped lift EPS 42% last quarter.
- The bank has a solid lending history with earnings increasing every year since its 2010 IPO.
- Now that the discount to book value is gone, management will need to choose between buying shares at a premium or significantly increasing the dividend payout.
There are no Transcripts on AFCB.
Wed, Oct. 15, 5:01 PM
Thu, Jul. 31, 6:21 PM
Wed, Jul. 16, 4:52 PM| Comment!
Thu, May. 1, 2:38 AM
Wed, Apr. 16, 4:52 PM| Comment!
Wed, Jan. 15, 5:32 PM| Comment!
Nov. 29, 2013, 3:16 PM| Comment!
Nov. 1, 2013, 7:48 AM
Oct. 16, 2013, 5:15 PM| Comment!
Jul. 17, 2013, 5:41 PM
Apr. 17, 2013, 5:17 PM
Jan. 16, 2013, 5:19 PM
Oct. 17, 2012, 5:21 PM
AFCB vs. ETF Alternatives
Other News & PR