Tue, Apr. 28, 4:42 PM
- Operating earnings of $678M vs. $774M a year ago. Operating EPS of $1.54 down 8.9% Y/Y. The weaker yen cut EPS by $0.13 during quarter. Excluding that impact, EPS fell 1.2% Y/Y.
- Company repurchased $600M, or 9.8M shares during Q1. 19.7M shares remain in the buyback authorization.
- Book value per share of $42.97 vs. $41.47 at the start of the year. Operating ROE of 19.8%, or 21.5% excluding impact of yen.
- Guidance: Assuming dollar/yen between 120 and 125, Q2 EPS is expected at $1.46-$1.57, and full-year EPS at $5.74-$6.15. "Challenging financial markets and significantly depressed interest rates make it difficult to invest cash flows at attractive yields."
- Conference call tomorrow at 9 ET
- Previously: AFLAC EPS in-line, misses on revenue (April 28)
- AFL -0.3% after hours
Tue, Apr. 28, 4:30 PM
Mon, Apr. 27, 5:35 PM
- ACGL, ACHC, AEGN, AFL, AHGP, AKAM, AMCC, ANIK, ARI, ARLP, AUY, AZPN, BGFV, BLDP, BMR, BOOM, BWLD, BXMT, CALX, CBL, CEB, CGI, CHE, CINF, CLF, CMRE, CNL, CRUS, DDR, DHT, EEFT, EIX, EPIQ, EPR, EQR, ESRT, ESRX, EXAC, FARO, FEIC, GNW, GPRE, GPRO, HAWK, HELE, HIW, HLIT, HURN, IACI, INAP, IPHI, KALU, KBR, KRFT, LOGM, MRCY, MSTR, MTSI, MWA, NANO, NATI, NCR, NVDQ, OHI, OI, OTEX, PEI, PNRA, RNG, RPXC, RRC, RSYS, SKT, SLCA, SWI, TAHO, TE, TPX, TSS, TWTR, ULTI, VRSK, WDC, WRI, WSH, WYNN, X, XCO, XOOM
Tue, Feb. 3, 4:16 PM
- Q4 operating earnings of $581M or $1.29 per share vs. $651M and $1.40 one year ago. Weakness in the yen knocked $0.08 from operating EPS. Operating ROE in Q4 of 16.3%, or 18.9% excluding the impact of the weaker yen.
- 8.6M shares repurchased during quarter for a total of $510M. Full-year purchases of 19.7M shares for $1.2B. Another 29.6M shares remain under authorization as of year-end.
- Aflac Japan premium income up marginally Y/Y. Net investment income up 10.3%, which was magnified by the weaker yen as 48% of company's Q4 investment income was dollar denominated vs. 45% a year ago. New annualized premium sales down 23.3% to $1.1B.
- Aflac U.S. premium income up 1.2% to $1.3B. Net investment income of $161M up 1.8%. New annualized premium sales up 14.1% to $454M.
- Outlook: With 2014 coming in at the top end of expectations, it makes for a tougher comparison in 2015, but company keeps goal of 2-7% growth in operating EPS (before currency).
- Conference call tomorrow at 9 ET
- Previously: AFLAC EPS in-line, beats on revenue (Feb. 3)
- AFL flat after hours
Tue, Feb. 3, 4:06 PM
Mon, Feb. 2, 5:35 PM
Oct. 28, 2014, 4:35 PM
- Q3 operating earnings of $685M or $1.51 per share vs. $687M and $1.47 one year ago. $175M or 2.9M shares were repurchased during Q3, bringing YTD buybacks to $690M or 11.1M shares. 38.1M shares remained in authorization as of Sept. 30.
- Book value of $39.63 per share vs $38.76 at end of Q2. Annualized ROE of 15.9%. Annualized operating ROE of 18.8%, or 20.8% excluding impact of yen.
- Aflac Japan: Premium income fell 5.4% to $3.5B, helped down by a weaker yen. Net investment income up 2.7% to $676M. Total revenues off 4.2% to $4.2B.
- Alfac U.S.: Premium income up 1.1% to $1.3B. Net investment income up 1.6% to $162M. Total revenues up 1% to $1.5B.
- Quarterly dividend is boosted 5.4% to $0.39 per share. Annualized yield based on today's close of 2.6%.
- Outlook: 2014 share buyback goal is lifted to $1.2B from $1B. 2015 objective is set at $1.3B. 2015 operating EPS growth guidance of 2-7% on a currency neutral basis.
- Conference call at 9 ET
- Previously: AFLAC beats by $0.08, beats on revenue
- AFL +0.7% AH
Oct. 28, 2014, 4:09 PM
Oct. 27, 2014, 5:35 PM
- AEC, AFG, AFL, AJG, AMCC, AMP, APC, ARI, AZPN, BGFV, BLDP, BOOM, BXP, CAP, CBT, CEB, CHMT, CHRW, CINF, CRAY, DLR, DNB, DYAX, EA, EIX, EPR, EQR, ESRX, EXP, EXTR, FARO, FB, FEIC, FISV, GFIG, GILD, GPRE, HIW, HLIT, HTA, HTS, HURN, INAP, INVN, IPHI, KEYW, KIM, KONA, MAC, MAR, MCK, MRCY, MWA, NANO, NFX, OI, PEI, PLT, PNRA, PSMT, RJET, ROG, RPXC, SKT, SM, SWI, TQNT, TRN, TSS, UDR, ULTI, USNA, VRSK, VRTX, WDC, WES, WGP, WNC, WSH, WTS, WYNN, X, XCO, XOOM, ZLTQ
Jul. 29, 2014, 4:38 PM
- Operating earnings of $757M or $1.66 per share vs. $759M and $1.62 one year ago. Weaker yen cut operating earnings by $0.03 per share in Q2.
- $100M, or 1.6M shares repurchased during Q2, bringing 2014 purchases to $515M or 8.1M shares. 4.1M shares remain in buyback authorization.
- Annualized operating ROE of 21.3%, or 22.3% excluding impact of the yen.
- Outlook: Aflac Japan third sector sales for the full year are expected to increase at the low end of previously guided 2-7% range. Aflac U.S. sales "remain disappointing" and are expected to fall 4-8%. EPS is expected to rise 2-5%, with FY EPS of $6.16-$6.30, assuming yen averages 100-105 to the dollar.
- Company has reshuffled the organizational chart, introducing the new position of market director and eliminating the commission-based position of state sales coordinator.
- Conference call tomorrow at 9 ET
- AFL -0.9% AH
- Previously: AFLAC beats by $0.07, beats on revenue
Jul. 29, 2014, 4:11 PM
Jul. 28, 2014, 5:35 PM
- ACHC, ACMP, AEC, AEGN, AEGR, AFL, AJG, AMCC, AMGN, AMP, APC, APU, ARI, AXP, AXS, BGFV, BLDP, BOOM, BWLD, BXP, CALX, CAP, CBG, CBL, CEB, CEMP, CHMT, CHRW, CINF, CLD, CLMS, CPWR, CRAY, CSLT, CVD, DLR, DOX, DWA, EEFT, EQR, ESRX, EW, EXAM, EZPW, FARO, FBP, FISV, GAS, GNW, GPN, GPRE, HTA, HURN, IGT, INAP, INVN, IPHI, IVR, KIM, LNDC, MAR, MOVE, NATI, NCR, NEM, NEU, NFX, NTRI, NUVA, PEI, PLT, PNRA, QGEN, RBC, RGR, RKT, RNG, RNR, ROG, RPXC, RT, RUBI, SB, SLCA, SM, SQNM, TMH, TRN, TWTR, TX, UGI, ULTI, USNA, VRSK, VRTX, WNC, WSH, WTS, X, XCO, XPO
Apr. 29, 2014, 4:57 PM
- Operating earnings of $774M or $1.69 per share vs. $790M and $1.69 a year ago. Weaker dollar/yen exchange rate cut earnings by $0.10. Excluding currency change, operating earnings per share increased 10%.
- 6.5M shares repurchased during Q1 for $415M. 42.7M shares remain under share buyback authorization.
- Book value of $34.53 per share compares to $31.82 at the end of 2013. On an operating basis, annualized ROE in Q1 was 22.7%, or 26% excluding impact of yen.
- Management reiterates guidance of 2-5% increase in operating earnings (on currency-neutral basis) in 2014.
- AFL -0.3% AH, but gained late in the regular session (closing 2.4% higher) after results were mistakenly released before the bell.
- Source: Press Release
- Previously: AFLAC Incorporated beats by $0.10, misses on revenue
Apr. 29, 2014, 3:58 PM| Comment!
Apr. 29, 2014, 3:47 PM| Comment!
Apr. 28, 2014, 5:35 PM
- ACE, ACHC, ACMP, AEC, AEGN, AFL, ANIK, ARI, AUY, AXS, AZPN, BGFV, BOOM, BXP, CALX, CAP, CEB, CEMP, CHE, CHRW, CLD, CMRE, CNQR, COLM, CRAY, DLB, DNB, DWA, EBAY, EEFT, EIX, EPR, ESRX, EZPW, FARO, FEIC, FISV, GMED, GNW, GPRE, HURN, IPHI, LOGM, MAC, MAR, MEOH, MWA, NANO, NATI, NCR, NDLS, NFX, NUVA, OHI, OI, PNRA, PRXL, REXX, RFMD, RNG, RNR, RPXC, RVBD, SIMG, SKT, SLCA, SM, STR, STX, SWI, TE, THG, TMH, TRLA, TRN, TTS, TWTR, ULTI, USNA, VNR, VPRT, VRSK, WSH, X, XCO.
AFL vs. ETF Alternatives
Other News & PR