5d 1m 3m 1y 5y 10y
There are 3 articles on this stock available only to PRO subscribers.
Marketwire (Feb 20, 2014)
Alamos Gold Provides Notice of Fourth Quarter and Year-End 2013 Financial Results and Conference CallMarketwire (Jan 30, 2014)
Marketwire (Jan 16, 2014)
AGI vs. ETF Alternatives
Monday, Mar 39:55 AM
Monday, Mar 39:55 AM| 10 Comments
- Gold futures are surging in the wake of the crisis in Ukraine, and that's giving precious metals miners a big boost in early trading.
- AU +5.2%, GOLD +5%, GFI +4.6%, MUX +4.1%, BVN +3.9%, MVG +3.6%, SSRI +3.3%, IAG +3.2%, BTG +3.1%, HMY +3.1%, EXK +3.1%, ABX +2.8%, AUY +2.8%, SA +2.8%, SLW +2.7%, GG +2.7%, NEM +2.6%, HL +2.6%, KGC +2.3%, AGI +2.2%, AG +1.9%, NG +1.9%, PPP +1.8%, AUQ +1.6%, PAAS +1.2%, NGD +1%.
- ETFs: GDX, GDXJ, NUGT, DUST, SIL, GLDX, JNUG, SLVP, RING, SILJ, GGGG, JDST, PSAU
Thursday, Feb 206:11 AM
Thursday, Jan 1612:47 PM|Thursday, Jan 1612:47 PM| 4 Comments
Thursday, Jan 168:22 AM
Thursday, Jan 168:22 AM| Comment!
- Alamos Gold (AGI) issues downside Q4 guidance, seeing revenue $53.8M vs. ~$59M analyst consensus and a 50% Y/Y decrease reflecting a lower realized gold price and fewer ounces sold.
- For 2013, AGI sold a record 198.2K oz. of gold at a realized price of $1,424/oz., beating the average London PM Fix price by $13/oz.; annual revenues of $282M were down 14% Y/Y due to lower gold prices.
- AGI expects to produce 150K-170K oz. of gold in 2014 at all-in sustaining costs of $960-$1,000/oz. of gold sold; the lower production is primarily attributable to the transition to Escondida Deep and San Carlos in 2014.
Friday, Jan 103:49 PM
Friday, Jan 103:49 PM| 19 Comments
- Gold futures settle at a four-week high, rising 1.4% to $1,246.90, as the surprisingly weak jobs report reopens debate over the pace of bond buying at the Fed; precious metals miners are far outpacing the broader market, with the top gold miner ETF (GDX) surging 3%.
- Among the top miners: ABX +2.3%, GG +3.3%, NEM +2.4%, AU +3.8%, KGC +1.3%, GFI +4.3%, AUY +2.8%, RGLD +5.3%, AGI +2%, AEM +4.5%, SLW +4.4%, IAG +1.9%, FNV +1.5%, CDE +2.3%, EGO +3.8%, NGD +2.9%, NG +6.9%, HMY +2.7%.
- ETFs: GDXJ, NUGT, DUST, SIL, GLDX, SLVP, RING, GGGG, SILJ, JNUG, PSAU, JDST.
Thursday, Dec 192013, 9:58 AM
Thursday, Dec 192013, 9:58 AM| 33 Comments
- Precious metals stocks are slammed at the open from weakening prices for underlying metals, and the Market Vectors Gold Miner ETF (GDX -2.1%) opens at a new 52-week low.
- GFI -2.8%, AUY -2.4%, AU -3.8%, RGLD -2.7%, NEM -3.1%, ABX -2.1%, GG -2.4%, AGI -3.2%, AEM -2.3%, SLW -2.6%, KGC -1.9%, FNV -1.6%, CDE -1.5%, EGO -1.5%, NGD -1.2%, HMY -1.2%.
- ETFs: GDXJ, NUGT, DUST, SIL, GLDX, SLVP, GGGG, RING, SILJ, PSAU, JNUG, JDST.
Monday, Dec 22013, 3:25 PM
Monday, Dec 22013, 3:25 PM| 18 Comments
- The Market Vectors Gold Miners ETF (GDX -5.5%) plunges to a fresh five-year low thanks to the newest PMI manufacturing data, which climbed to the highest reading since 2011; BTIG analyst Dan Greenhaus calls the data "stunning,” and bad for precious metals.
- Comex gold dropped $28.50, or 2.3%, to settle at $1,221.90 for its lowest close since July; the SPDR Gold Trust (GLD) is down 2.5% to kick off December’s trading.
- Silver slumped 3.7% to $19.29, also the lowest since July.
- ABX -5.3%, NEM -3.8%, GG -4.6%, KGC -3.4%, GFI -3.5%, NGD -8.2%, EGO -7.5%, AEM -7%, AUY -5.5%, AGI -8.9%, SLW -5.7%.
- Other ETFs: GDXJ, NUGT, IAU, PHYS, DUST, SGOL, UGL, DGP, GLL, GLDX, DZZ, UGLD, DGL, DGZ, AGOL, GLDI, DGLD, GGGG, RING, PSAU, TBAR, JNUG, UBG, JDST, SLV, AGQ, SIVR, ZSL, USLV, DBS, DSLV, SLVO, USV.
Friday, Nov 12013, 11:53 AM
Friday, Nov 12013, 11:53 AM| 1 Comment
- Alamos Gold (AGI -8.5%) suffers several downgrades following Q3 results that were in line with expectations given a strong performance from the heap leach offset by the processing of lower grades.
- RBC Capital is one of at least three downgrades, saying although it continues to believe AGI is one of the best positioned gold equities, it cut its rating to Sector Perform from Outperform given limited upside to its price target of $18.
- TD Securities and Raymond James also cut shares to Buy/Market Perform based on valuation (I, II).
- Canaccord dissents with consensus, upgrading AGI to Buy from Hold and saying the premium is justified in light of the attractive low-cost production growth profile and a cash-rich debt-free balance sheet.
Thursday, Aug 292013, 10:35 AM
Thursday, Aug 292013, 10:35 AM| Comment!
- Alamos Gold's (AGI -1.2%) unusually low costs mean it's less affected by lower gold prices, which may explain why it's the best performing gold stock since the metal entered a bear market in April.
- All-in sustaining costs at its only operating mine, Mulatos in Mexico, are expected at $785-$825/oz., ~23% less than the average $1,046 forecast by the three biggest Canada-based producers.
- CEO John McCluskey says he would "rather be a highly profitable medium-sized producer than a very high-cost large producer," as he aims to ramp production up to 500K-600K oz. and sustain it from a number of operations.
Thursday, Jul 252013, 6:35 AM
Friday, Jul 122013, 11:27 AMAlamos Gold (AGI -3.3%) agrees to acquire Esperanza Resources (ESPZF.PK) in a deal worth ~$69M. Esperanza's gold project in Mexico holds 1.5M oz. of gold, and is expected to produce more than 100K oz./year at cash costs below $900/oz. upon completion. CEO John McCluskey says the deal has the potential to grow AGI's Mexican production by more than 50%. |Friday, Jul 122013, 11:27 AM| 3 Comments
Thursday, Apr 252013, 11:41 AM
Tuesday, Mar 192013, 6:28 PMAlamos Gold (AGI) drops its hostile takeover offer for Aurizon Mines (AZK), saying its conditions have not been met due to a $27M break fee that would be payable to Hecla Mining (HL), which emerged with a white knight offer for AZK. HL's offer still requires approvals from two-thirds of votes cast at a shareholder meeting. |Tuesday, Mar 192013, 6:28 PM| Comment!
Tuesday, Mar 122013, 8:21 AMAlamos Gold (AGI) goes on the offensive in the takeover battle for Aurizon Mines (AZK), asking a securities regulator to reject both a proposed $27M break fee and poison pill it believes are highly irregular. AGI CEO John McCluskey says if he loses the hearing at the British Columbia Securities Commission, the company probably would drop its hostile bid and walk away. |Tuesday, Mar 122013, 8:21 AM| Comment!
Monday, Mar 112013, 9:07 AMAurizon Mines (AZK) adopts a shareholder rights plan, seeking to prevent Alamos Gold (AGI) from using its voting power to defeat a better takeover offer from Hecla Mining (HL) and saying its plan will ensure all shareholders are treated equally. AZK says recent comments by AGI suggest it is attempting to gather enough shares to block the HL bid. |Monday, Mar 112013, 9:07 AM| Comment!
Friday, Mar 82013, 12:38 PMHecla Mining (HL +4%) is upgraded to Buy from Neutral with a $6.25 target price at Global Hunter, anticipating Aurizon Mines (AZK -0.2%) shareholders will find Hecla's takeover bid superior to that of Alamos Gold (AGI). With or without the transaction, the firm sees HL as an attractively priced diversified precious metals producer. |Friday, Mar 82013, 12:38 PM| Comment!
- View all 1 replies
DAG1996:: Alamos already said yesterday that they won't raise their bid and the Aurizon board already endorsed acceptance of the Hecla offer yesterday