5d 1m 3m 1y 5y 10y
There are 3 articles on this stock available only to PRO subscribers.
Marketwire (Mon, 9:00AM)
Marketwire (Feb 20, 2014)
Alamos Gold Provides Notice of Fourth Quarter and Year-End 2013 Financial Results and Conference CallMarketwire (Jan 30, 2014)
Marketwire (Jan 16, 2014)
AGI vs. ETF Alternatives
Monday, Mar 39:55 AM
Monday, Mar 39:55 AM| 10 Comments
- Gold futures are surging in the wake of the crisis in Ukraine, and that's giving precious metals miners a big boost in early trading.
- AU +5.2%, GOLD +5%, GFI +4.6%, MUX +4.1%, BVN +3.9%, MVG +3.6%, SSRI +3.3%, IAG +3.2%, BTG +3.1%, HMY +3.1%, EXK +3.1%, ABX +2.8%, AUY +2.8%, SA +2.8%, SLW +2.7%, GG +2.7%, NEM +2.6%, HL +2.6%, KGC +2.3%, AGI +2.2%, AG +1.9%, NG +1.9%, PPP +1.8%, AUQ +1.6%, PAAS +1.2%, NGD +1%.
- ETFs: GDX, GDXJ, NUGT, DUST, SIL, GLDX, JNUG, SLVP, RING, SILJ, GGGG, JDST, PSAU
Thursday, Jan 1612:47 PM|Thursday, Jan 1612:47 PM| 4 Comments
Friday, Jan 103:49 PM
Friday, Jan 103:49 PM| 19 Comments
- Gold futures settle at a four-week high, rising 1.4% to $1,246.90, as the surprisingly weak jobs report reopens debate over the pace of bond buying at the Fed; precious metals miners are far outpacing the broader market, with the top gold miner ETF (GDX) surging 3%.
- Among the top miners: ABX +2.3%, GG +3.3%, NEM +2.4%, AU +3.8%, KGC +1.3%, GFI +4.3%, AUY +2.8%, RGLD +5.3%, AGI +2%, AEM +4.5%, SLW +4.4%, IAG +1.9%, FNV +1.5%, CDE +2.3%, EGO +3.8%, NGD +2.9%, NG +6.9%, HMY +2.7%.
- ETFs: GDXJ, NUGT, DUST, SIL, GLDX, SLVP, RING, GGGG, SILJ, JNUG, PSAU, JDST.
Thursday, Dec 192013, 9:58 AM
Thursday, Dec 192013, 9:58 AM| 33 Comments
- Precious metals stocks are slammed at the open from weakening prices for underlying metals, and the Market Vectors Gold Miner ETF (GDX -2.1%) opens at a new 52-week low.
- GFI -2.8%, AUY -2.4%, AU -3.8%, RGLD -2.7%, NEM -3.1%, ABX -2.1%, GG -2.4%, AGI -3.2%, AEM -2.3%, SLW -2.6%, KGC -1.9%, FNV -1.6%, CDE -1.5%, EGO -1.5%, NGD -1.2%, HMY -1.2%.
- ETFs: GDXJ, NUGT, DUST, SIL, GLDX, SLVP, GGGG, RING, SILJ, PSAU, JNUG, JDST.
Monday, Dec 22013, 3:25 PM
Monday, Dec 22013, 3:25 PM| 18 Comments
- The Market Vectors Gold Miners ETF (GDX -5.5%) plunges to a fresh five-year low thanks to the newest PMI manufacturing data, which climbed to the highest reading since 2011; BTIG analyst Dan Greenhaus calls the data "stunning,” and bad for precious metals.
- Comex gold dropped $28.50, or 2.3%, to settle at $1,221.90 for its lowest close since July; the SPDR Gold Trust (GLD) is down 2.5% to kick off December’s trading.
- Silver slumped 3.7% to $19.29, also the lowest since July.
- ABX -5.3%, NEM -3.8%, GG -4.6%, KGC -3.4%, GFI -3.5%, NGD -8.2%, EGO -7.5%, AEM -7%, AUY -5.5%, AGI -8.9%, SLW -5.7%.
- Other ETFs: GDXJ, NUGT, IAU, PHYS, DUST, SGOL, UGL, DGP, GLL, GLDX, DZZ, UGLD, DGL, DGZ, AGOL, GLDI, DGLD, GGGG, RING, PSAU, TBAR, JNUG, UBG, JDST, SLV, AGQ, SIVR, ZSL, USLV, DBS, DSLV, SLVO, USV.
Friday, Nov 12013, 11:53 AM
Friday, Nov 12013, 11:53 AM| 1 Comment
- Alamos Gold (AGI -8.5%) suffers several downgrades following Q3 results that were in line with expectations given a strong performance from the heap leach offset by the processing of lower grades.
- RBC Capital is one of at least three downgrades, saying although it continues to believe AGI is one of the best positioned gold equities, it cut its rating to Sector Perform from Outperform given limited upside to its price target of $18.
- TD Securities and Raymond James also cut shares to Buy/Market Perform based on valuation (I, II).
- Canaccord dissents with consensus, upgrading AGI to Buy from Hold and saying the premium is justified in light of the attractive low-cost production growth profile and a cash-rich debt-free balance sheet.
Friday, Jul 122013, 11:27 AMAlamos Gold (AGI -3.3%) agrees to acquire Esperanza Resources (ESPZF.PK) in a deal worth ~$69M. Esperanza's gold project in Mexico holds 1.5M oz. of gold, and is expected to produce more than 100K oz./year at cash costs below $900/oz. upon completion. CEO John McCluskey says the deal has the potential to grow AGI's Mexican production by more than 50%. |Friday, Jul 122013, 11:27 AM| 3 Comments
Friday, Mar 82013, 12:38 PMHecla Mining (HL +4%) is upgraded to Buy from Neutral with a $6.25 target price at Global Hunter, anticipating Aurizon Mines (AZK -0.2%) shareholders will find Hecla's takeover bid superior to that of Alamos Gold (AGI). With or without the transaction, the firm sees HL as an attractively priced diversified precious metals producer. |Friday, Mar 82013, 12:38 PM| Comment!
Monday, Mar 42013, 8:34 AMU.S. silver miner Hecla Mining (HL) agrees to acquire Canadian gold miner Aurizon Mines (AZK) for ~C$796M, nearly a month after AZK rejected an offer from Alamos Gold (AGI). The offer price of C$4.75/share represents a 9% premium to Aurizon's Friday closing of C$4.35. HL -9%, AZK +6.2% premarket. |Monday, Mar 42013, 8:34 AM| 1 Comment
Tuesday, Jan 152013, 10:43 AMAlamos Gold (AGI) is a low-cost, open-pit gold miner in Mexico, while Aurizon Mines (AZK +2.1%) is a higher-cost, underground gold miner in Quebec. With no obvious strategic fit, analysts were caught off-guard by AGI's hostile bid for AZK; a Raymond James analyst is concerned about operating issues at AZK’s Casa Berardi mine, while another at the same firm sees the mine as fairly valued. |Tuesday, Jan 152013, 10:43 AM| Comment!
Monday, Jan 142013, 8:11 AMAlamos Gold (AGI) offers ~C$780M in cash and stock to acquire Aurizon Mines (AZK) to gain access to AZK's only operating gold mine, Casa Berardi, in northern Quebec. The bid values AZK at $4.65/share, a 36% premium over Friday's Toronto closing price. Alamos also applies to list its common shares on the NYSE under the AGI ticker. AZK +27.4% premarket. |Monday, Jan 142013, 8:11 AM| Comment!
- View all 1 replies
DAG1996:: Alamos already said yesterday that they won't raise their bid and the Aurizon board already endorsed acceptance of the Hecla offer yesterday