5d 1m 3m 1y 5y 10y
Business Wire (Apr 4, 2014)
Business Wire (Feb 5, 2014)
at CNBC.com (Feb 4, 2014)
at CNBC.com (Jan 31, 2014)
at CNBC.com (Jan 15, 2014)
at CNBC.com (Jan 14, 2014)
at MarketWatch.com (Jan 14, 2014)
at CNBC.com (Jan 7, 2014)
at CNBC.com (Dec 31, 2013)
at CNBC.com (Dec 10, 2013)
at CNBC.com (Dec 3, 2013)
at CNBC.com (Oct 29, 2013)
at CNBC.com (Oct 28, 2013)
at MarketWatch.com (Oct 27, 2013)
AGN vs. ETF Alternatives
Monday, Apr 147:44 AM
Monday, Apr 147:44 AM| 1 Comment
- Johnson and Johnson (JNJ) discontinues its development of PurTox, a neurotoxin intended to compete with Allergan's (AGN) $2B anti-wrinkle blockbuster.
- The company acquired the rights to the drug in 2009 with its buy of Mentor Corp.
- The move will result in the loss of a small number of U.S.-based jobs.
Wednesday, Mar 268:33 AM
Wednesday, Mar 268:33 AM| 2 Comments
- Large cap pharma and biotech firms have regenerative therapy R&D programs underway according to a recent survey.
- 69% of respondents are focused on developing cellular-based therapies.
- Wound healing and burns have the greatest near-term potential.
- Long term areas of interest are cardiovascular disease, oncology, neurodegenerative disease, monogenic disorders and ocular disease.
- (AGN) (AMGN) (BAX) (BIIB) (CELG) (LLY) (GSK) (JNJ) (NVS) (NVO) (PFE) (RHHBY) (SNY) (MRK) (SHPG)
Monday, Mar 310:18 AM
Monday, Mar 310:18 AM| Comment!
- Revance (RVNC) continues its volatile ways following its IPO on February 6, when it debuted at $16. The stock is up 2.5% today at $27.61 but that's down sharply from earlier highs and follows a steep fall at the end of last week.
- Revance's lead product is a topical Botulinum Toxin Type A Gel for the treatment of lateral canthal lines (crow's feet). It will complete with Allergan's (AGN) blockbuster injectable treatment Botox.
- Botulinum is in Phase 3 trials in the U.S.
- Anaylsts' price targets range from $37-55.
Wednesday, Feb 59:43 AM
Wednesday, Feb 59:43 AM| Comment!
- Allergan (AGN -1.2%) net profit $312.9M vs $324.2M
- Total specialty pharmaceuticals net sales +14%, total core medical devices +17%.
- Guidance: 2014 EPS of $5.36-5.48 vs consensus of $5.46, and product revenues of $6.65-6.95B vs $6.78B; Q1 EPS of $1.09-1.12 vs $1.21 and product sales of $1.525-1.6B vs $1.6B.
- Declares a Q4 dividend of $0.05 per share, payable on March 21, 2014 to stockholders of record on February 28, 2014. (PR)
Wednesday, Feb 59:04 AM
Wednesday, Feb 512:05 AM
Tuesday, Feb 45:30 PM
Wednesday, Jan 152:28 PM
Wednesday, Jan 152:28 PM| Comment!
- Morgan Stanley is out with some commentary on Allergan (AGN +0.9%) following a favorable court ruling on Lumigan patents and new protection for Restasis.
- "While the strength of the new patent may be debatable, it could serve as a basis for a settlement that pushes out generics until later this decade by which time Restasis X could already be on the market," analyst Thomas Chiu says.
- Equalweight rating maintained.
- Price target is $94.
Tuesday, Jan 1410:19 AM
Tuesday, Jan 1410:19 AM| Comment!
- "We can afford to pay more than anyone else," FierceBiotech quotes Allergan (AGN +0.5%) CEO David Pyott as saying, in reference to the company's desire to add researchers and make acquisitions in 2014.
- AGN "is in a position to spend up to $10B in cash for new deals," John Carroll notes, citing Pyott.
- As for 18-month delays in the Darpin and bimatoprost programs, Pyott doesn't understand the concern: "Is it that big a deal? I don't get it."
Tuesday, Jan 79:58 AM
Tuesday, Jan 79:58 AM| 3 Comments
- BofA upgrades Perrigo (PRGO +1.2%) to Buy from Neutral. RBC starts the shares as a Top Pick, with a $187 price target.
- BofA upgrades Becton Dickinson (BDX +0.8%) to Neutral from Underperform.
- RBC upgrades Johnson & Johnson (JNJ +1.6%) to Outperform from Sector Perform. Price target is $104.
- Citi upgrades Varian Medical (VAR +1.6%) to Neutral from Sell.
- Roth starts ANI Pharma (ANIP +9.5%) at Buy. Price target is $27.
- RBC starts Teva (TEVA +0.1%) at Sector Perform. Price target is $39.
- RBC starts AcelRx (ACRX +2.5%) at Outperform. Price target is $15.
- RBC starts Mylan (MYL +2.3%) at Outperform. Price target is $50.
- RBC starts Allergan (AGN +1.3%) at Outperform. Price target is $131.
- RBC starts Impax Labs (IPXL +0.2%) at Sector Perform. Price target is $25.
Tuesday, Dec 242013, 8:37 AM
Tuesday, Dec 242013, 8:37 AM| 1 Comment
- Wells Fargo is out with an upgrade for Allergan (AGN).
- "We believe that several new Restasis patents are very likely to be issued in the near-term and could delay generic competition well beyond our previous 2016 assumption," anlayst Larry Biegelsen says.
- Revised Restasis sales forecast: 2016-2017, 5%/ year growth versus previous estimate of 50%/ year decline.
- AGN upped to Outperform from Market Perform.
- Price target hiked to $121-122 from $99-100.
Friday, Dec 62013, 2:37 PM|Friday, Dec 62013, 2:37 PM| Comment!
Wednesday, Oct 302013, 7:35 AM
Wednesday, Oct 302013, 7:35 AM| Comment!
- Allergan (AGN) has agreed to sell its lap-band obesity unit to Apollo Endosurgery for up to $110M. Allergan, which indicated last year that it was looking to offload the division, is getting $75M upfront and may receive a $15M minority stake in Apollo and as much as $20M in milestone payments.
- The sale comes amid declining popularity and sales for the lap-band device, which is inserted around a portion of the stomach to cut its capacity and limit the amount of food it can take in.
- The business contributed under 3% of Allergan's total sales of $5.81B last year.
Tuesday, Oct 292013, 9:24 AM
Tuesday, Oct 292013, 9:24 AM| Comment!
- Allergan (AGN) says net product sales rose 13% Y/Y in Q3.
- Sales breakdown: Specialty pharmaceuticals, +12.8%; medical device, +13.4%.
- FY13 outlook: Adjusted EPS of $4.74-4.76 on sales of $6.125-6.2B, versus previous guidance of $4.72-4.76 on revenue of $6.05-6.2B. (PR)
- Q4 outlook: Adjusted EPS of $1.31-1.33 on revenue of $1.585-1.66B against consensus of $1.35/share on $1.63B in sales.
Tuesday, Oct 292013, 9:04 AM
Tuesday, Oct 292013, 9:02 AM