Update: Allergan Might Acquire Salix Pharmaceuticals Or Someone Else
- Allergan might acquire Salix according to "people familiar with the matter". Allergan might possibly get a tax inversion by buying Salix. Or it could make it all-cash without an inversion.
- Valeant's tender fiasco means that Allergan shareholders should approve any deal. Despite Valeant's aggressive claims, just 4% of Allergan shares were tendered in two months.
- Chairman of Salix is 70 years old and the CEO and President is 65. This is a great way for them to retire.
- Salix went up 15% today due to the acquisition rumor. It is not certain that Salix is the one Allergan will acquire.
- The WSJ article (i.e. "people familiar with the matter") also says Allergan might acquire "another unknown party" if not Salix.