There is research on this stock available only to PRO subscribers.
Mon, Oct. 27, 9:11 PM
- Q3 core operating income of $28.7M or $1.36 per share vs. $24.4M and $1.22 in Q2. Dividend of $0.875.
- Private-label MBS portfolio has fair value of $292.8M, or 75.2% of face value. Average cost as a percent of face value of 53.5%. The quarterly unlevered cash yield as a percent of average amortized cost of 8.6%. CPR is 12.2% vs. 11.3% in Q2.
- Book value per share of $30.43 vs. $31.51 at end of Q2. Today's close of $27.06 is an 11% discount to book.
- CEO J. Rock Tonkel: "Our results reflect the positive financial dynamic taking place in the Company through the redeployment of appreciated capital in the private-label MBS portfolio to higher return opportunities, paired with a reduction in the ratio of cash expenses to investable capital."
- AI +0.85% AH.
Mon, Oct. 27, 5:43 PM
- Core EPS of $1.36, Non-GAAP Operating Income of $28.7M vs. $19.9M in 3Q13. Recent Dividend of $0.875
- Net Interest Income of $30.3M
- CPR agency-backed MBS of 7.04%
- Debt to Equity ratio was approx. 4:1
- Conference call tomorrow at 9 ET
- AI +0.9%
- Previously: Arlington Asset Investment beats by $0.21, beats on revenue
Mon, Oct. 27, 5:25 PM| 2 Comments
Tue, Sep. 30, 3:05 PM
- Many in the sector (REM -0.9%) presented today at the JMP Financial Services and Real Estate Conference. Those heard in full by this reporter - CYS Investments (CYS -1.6%), Hatteras Financial (HTS -0.9%), and MFA Financial (MFA -1.3%) - presented nothing alarming, but the sector is nevertheless lit up bright red.
- Other presenters included Capstead Mortgage (CMO -1.2%), Arlington Asset (AI -2.2%), Dynex Capital (DX -1.7%), Invesco (IVR -1.2%), Armour (ARR -2%), New York Mortgage Trust (NYMT -3.2%), Javelin Mortgage (JMI -1.5%), Five Oaks Investment (OAKS -1.9%), and Apollo Residential (AMTG -1.1%).
- Related ETFs: MORT, MORL
- Previously: CYS's Grant not buying hawkish ideas from Fed
- Previously: Hatteras updates on Q3 at conference
- Previously: MFA Financial positions for further housing improvement
Wed, Sep. 17, 4:31 PM| 2 Comments
Thu, Sep. 4, 8:58 AM| 5 Comments
Wed, Jul. 30, 7:49 AM
- Core operating income of $24.4M or $1.22 per share. Dividend of $0.875. Proceeds from the March capital raise were fully deployed by mid-May and boosted results, as did continued gains in AI's private-label MBS portfolio.
- Private-label portfolio fair market value of $314.1B is 74.1% of face value. The quarterly cash yield as a percent of fair market value is 3.6% and the quarterly unlevered yield as a percent of amortized cost is 10.4%. The CPR is 11.3%.
- Book value per share of $31.51u p from $33.10 at the start of the year.
- Previously: Arlington Asset Investment beats by $0.16, beats on revenue
- Shares +2.5% premarket
Tue, Jul. 29, 5:27 PM| 6 Comments
Wed, Jun. 11, 5:01 PM
- Alongside its dividend announcement, Arlington Asset Management (AI) names J. Rock Tonkel as CEO, effective immediately to replace the outgoing Eric Billings, who co-founded the company in 1989 and will continue to serve as Executive Chairman and Chairman of the Investment Committee.
- Tonkel was previously COO of Arlington as well as a director. He will continue to serve on the board.
- Source: Press Release
Wed, Jun. 11, 4:47 PM| Comment!
Tue, Apr. 29, 7:34 AM
- Core operating income of $20.1M or $1.18 per share. Net interest income of $21.6M vs. $16.7M one year ago. CPR of 6%. Leverage of about 3:1. Dividend was $0.875 per share. Book value per share of $31.50 vs. $33.10 one year ago.
- Agency MBS portfolio of $1.9B face value. All are fixed-rate 30-year mortgages with average coupon of 4.06%, weighted average cost of 106.82, weighted average market price of 104.38, and weighted average cost of repo funding of 34 basis points. Thus far in April, company has purchased another $500M in face value of additional MBS.
- Private-label MBS portfolio of $458.6M in face value, and fair value of $329.8M (71.9% of face). Unlevered yield as a percent of amortized cost is 10.2%.
- AI +1.8% premarket
- Source: Press Release
- Previously: Arlington Asset Investment beats by $0.25
Mon, Apr. 28, 7:05 PM
Tue, Mar. 25, 9:54 AM
Mon, Mar. 24, 5:35 PM
Mon, Mar. 24, 4:40 PM| Comment!
Thu, Mar. 13, 5:56 PM| Comment!
AI vs. ETF Alternatives
Arlington Asset Investment Corp., is an investment firm that acquires & holds mortgage-related and other assets. The Company's portfolio consists primarily of agency-backed mortgage-backed securities & private-label residential mortgage-backed securities.
Other News & PR