Today, 3:53 PM
Thu, Sep. 24, 4:38 PM
- Aviation support company AAR (NYSE:AIR) is down slightly after hours, -0.3%, after posting fiscal Q1 earnings where revenues that fell more than 4% missed expectations.
- Revenue by segment: Aviation Services, $315.8M (up 1.3%); Expeditionary Services, $62M (down 25.7%).
- "In the Aviation Services segment we experienced slight year-over-year growth as we saw flat supply chain performance and higher sales in our aircraft maintenance operations," says CEO David Storch. "Our Expeditionary Services segment reported a year-over-year decline in sales due to the mix of our aircraft flying positions and lower mobility product volumes, but the segment grew sequentially as airlift ramped up new programs."
- Gross profit margin from continuing operations was 14.4% vs. a year-ago 15.8%. Sales to commercial customers rose to 61% of consolidated sales, with the rest to government customers (including defense).
- Storch said the company expected more robust growth in the supply chain for Aviation Services and sequential improvement in Expeditionary Services through the second half.
- Conference call (866-802-4322) to come at 4:45 p.m. ET.
- Press Release
Thu, Sep. 24, 4:07 PM
Wed, Sep. 23, 5:35 PM
Tue, Jul. 14, 5:57 AM
Mon, Jul. 13, 11:51 PM
Mon, Jul. 13, 5:30 PM
Wed, Jun. 17, 10:15 AM
- Global freight and delivery stocks trade lower after FedEx was a touch light with Q1 revenue and issued cautious guidance for Q2.
- A strong U.S. dollar and narrowing fuel surcharges have been drags on the international part of the sector.
- Decliners: Air T (NYSE:AIR) -1.0%, PostNL (OTCPK:PNLYY) -1.75%, Deutsche Post (OTCPK:DPSGY) -1.0%, UPS (NYSE:UPS) -0.4%, Air Transport Services Group (NASDAQ:ATSG) -0.4%.
- Previously: Operating margin falls for FedEx in FQ4
Wed, Apr. 15, 8:52 AM
Mon, Mar. 30, 4:14 PM
Mon, Mar. 30, 8:36 AM
Sun, Mar. 29, 5:30 PM
Thu, Mar. 26, 10:54 AM
- TransDigm (TDG -0.2%) has completed its purchase of the Telair Cargo Group, an aerospace cargo handling business, from AAR (AIR), for ~$725M in cash.
- The company financed the acquisition through a combination of existing cash on hand and borrowing of $75M under its existing revolving credit facility.
- Previously: TransDigm to acquire Telair Cargo Group (Feb. 23 2015)
Mon, Feb. 23, 8:40 AM| Mon, Feb. 23, 8:40 AM | Comment!
Tue, Jan. 13, 3:06 PM
Dec. 18, 2014, 4:08 PM
AIR vs. ETF Alternatives
AAR Corp along with its subsidiaries is engaged in providing products & services including overhaul, repair & engineering services to aviation & government & defense markets. It is also engaged in design, manufacture and repair of transportation pallets.
Other News & PR