Wed, May 6, 3:31 PM
- Today's notable tech gainers include LED/chip equipment maker Aixtron (AIXG +6.7%), distributed power system/software firm PowerSecure (POWR +7.2%), cloud customer support software vendor Zendesk (ZEN +5%), and chip packaging IP firm Tessera (TSRA +4.9%).
- Notable decliners include LED giant Cree (CREE -4.2%), 3D printer maker ExOne (XONE -5.6%), big data/analytics software provider Hortonworks (HDP -5.7%), health site owner Everyday Health (EVDY -7.7%), and IP licensing firm WiLAN (WILN -6%). The Nasdaq is down 0.7%.
- PowerSecure is up after beating Q1 estimates on the back of major increases in Distributed Generation and Solar Energy segment sales. Zendesk is up after posting a Q1 beat and guiding for full-year revenue of $192M-$195M (above a $189.6M consensus). Tessera is rallying thanks to a Q1 beat and strong Q2 guidance (revenue of $62M-$64M and EPS of $0.47-$0.50 vs. a consensus of $$57.3M and $0.40).
- Cree is adding to the losses seen two weeks ago after it posted mixed results and light guidance. ExOne's drop comes after larger rival 3D Systems declined to provide guidance with its Q1 results. Everyday has been downgraded to Hold by Stifel. WiLAN is adding to last week's post-earnings losses.
- Previously covered: Zulily, Groupon, Axcelis, QuinStreet, Skullcandy, Millennial Media, LendingClub, TechTarget, Anadigics, Zagg, Cray, Enphase, Wix.com, Jive Software
Tue, Apr. 28, 6:57 AM| Comment!
Mon, Apr. 27, 5:30 PM
- AET, AGCO, AIXG, AKS, ALLY, AMG, AUDC, AUO, AXE, BMY, BP, BSX, CARB, CAS, CBR, CIT, CMI, CNC, CNX, COH, CPLA, CRY, DFRG, DORM, ECL, ENTG, ETR, F, FBC, FDP, FLWS, FMER, GAS, GLW, GPI, HMC, HSP, ICLR, IDXX, IIVI, IPGP, IPI, JBLU, JEC, LRN, LXK, MAS, MDXG, MHFI, MRGE, MRK, NCI, NEO, NOV, OFC, OSK, PAG, PFE, PH, PHG, POR, SALT, SC, SIR, SIRI, ST, SVU, TMUS, TXT, UBSI, UPS, UTHR, VDSI, VLO, WAT, WDR, WHR, WWW, WYN, XRS, YNDX
Tue, Feb. 24, 6:46 AM| Comment!
Mon, Feb. 23, 5:30 PM
- AIXG, ALKS, AMT, BMO, CBRL, CEQP, CLDT, CLDX, CMCSA, CMLP, COT, CRNT, CRZO, CYRN, DAKT, DCI, DPZ, DRH, DYAX, ECL, EXAS, EXLS, EXPD, FDML, GLDD, GTLS, HD, IART, IPXL, M, MNKD, NEO, ODP, PCRX, PF, PLL, RLGY, SAFM, SAH, SHLX, SHOO, SPAR, SPWR, SUI, THRM, TOL, TREX, TRXC, UTHR, VAL, VSI, WEN, WIN, WLK, WPC, ZINC
Oct. 28, 2014, 6:36 AM
Oct. 27, 2014, 5:30 PM
- ACI, AET, AGCO, AIXG, ALR, AME, AMTD, AN, AXE, BP, CAS, CIT, CMI, CNC, CNX, COH, CPLA, CRY, CVLT, CYNO, DD, DIN, ECL, ENTG, FCX, FDP, FLWS, FMER, GLPI, GLW, HCA, HMC, HOT, HRS, ICON, IIVI, IPGP, LH, MDSO, MLM, MMC, MSM, MSO, MWV, NBL, NCI, NVS, PCAR, PCG, PES, PFE, PH, POR, RDWR, SAIA, SAVE, SCHN, SCOR, SHW, SIRI, SNCR, ST, SYRG, TECH, TKR, TRW, TTS, TWI, UBS, UTHR, VDSI, VRTS, VSH, WAB, WHR, XYL
Oct. 22, 2014, 2:50 PM
- Canaccord and D.A. Davidson have downgraded Cree (CREE -16.7%) to neutral ratings after the company offered a weaker-than-expected FQ2 outlook and reported a 580 bps Q/Q gross margin drop.
- Canaccord's Jonathan Dorsheimer, who wasn't quite enthusiastic about reiterating a Buy following Cree's Oct. 2 FQ1 warning: "In spite of the fact that we may be...marking the bottom for CREE shares, we simply fail to see a potentially positive catalyst ... Our thesis was based around the transition from captive to merchant sales in Cree’s components [business], which at best has been pushed by 6-9 months now."
- He adds Canaccord's research confirms Cree has lost LED component share to Philips' Lumileds unit, and that a shift towards mid-power LED sales in China is also taking a toll.
- Cowen's Jeffrey Osborne (Market Perform) thinks margins will stabilize as Cree cuts factory output, continues seeing healthy lighting and power/RF growth, and gets a lighting margin boost from a mix shift to non-bulb lighting products. He's still cautious on account of Cree's near-term LED component challenges, but expects the company's technology strengths will help its cause long-term.
- Fellow LED industry names Rubicon (RBCN -2.3%), Veeco (VECO -3.7%), and Aixtron (AIXG -2.5%) are also lower.
Jul. 28, 2014, 5:30 PM
- ACI, AET, AGCO, AIXG, AKS, ALLY, AMAG, AMG, ARW, AUDC, AVX, AXE, BP, CARB, CAS, CNX, CPLA, CRS, CVLT, CYNO, DIN, DSX, ECL, ENTG, ETN, ETR, FDP, FIS, FSS, GLT, GLW, GNC, GTI, HCA, HMC, HRS, HW, ICON, IP, IPGP, ITW, KLIC, LVLT, MDC, MDSO, MDXG, MHFI, MLM, MMC, MRK, MSO, NCI, NEE, NLSN, NMM, NOV, NYT, OSK, PCAR, PFE, POR, RAI, RYN, SAVE, SIRI, SNCR, ST, TLM, TRW, UAM, UBS, UBSI, UDR, UPS, UTHR, VSH, WDR, WM, WYNN, XYL, YNDX
May 5, 2014, 4:24 PM
- Though it beat Q1 estimates, Veeco (VECO) expects Q2 revenue of $87M-$97M and EPS of -$0.23 to -$0.14, largely below a consensus of $96.8M and -$0.11.
- Q1 orders totaled $103M, up 21% Q/Q and 47% Y/Y, and above revenue of $90.8M. MOCVD equipment orders rose 59% Q/Q to $83M thanks to rising demand from LED manufacturers in Asia and elsewhere. Data Storage orders fell to $15 from $22M in Q4, and MBE orders fell to $5M from $11M.
- Veeco asserts LED fab utilization rates "have improved to high levels at most key accounts and LED adoption is happening faster than many had expected." But it also cautions MOCVD orders could be "lumpy and unpredictable on a quarterly basis," and that the company lacks 2H visibility. Q2 orders are expected to be at or above Q1 levels.
- Rival Aixtron (AIXG), which moved higher last week following its Q1 report, might follow Veeco lower.
- Q1 results, PR
Apr. 29, 2014, 2:43 PM
- Though Aixtron (AIXG +2.3%) missed Q1 estimates, it reiterated guidance for 2014 revenue to be flat Y/Y. Earnings are expected to improve from 2013 levels, but an EBIT loss is still forecast.
- In addition, the LED equipment maker's orders 2% Q/Q and 26% Y/Y in Q1 to €37.7M. Quarter-ending backlog was €64.2M, -18% Y/Y but +8% Q/Q.
- Gross margin was 25% - down from seasonally strong Q4's 34%, but much better than the year-ago period's -119% (no typo).
- The company notes capacity utilization among LED customers "remains at relatively high levels" amid growing demand, and thinks "sentiment among customers is improving as the growth in the LED market drives the customers' profitability." At the same time, it observes "there was still no noticeable increase in investments in LED manufacturing capacity expansions" in Q1.
- Rival Veeco (VECO +2.5%) and LED wafer vendor Rubicon (RBCN +1.2%) are higher on a good day for tech. Rubicon reports on Thursday, and Veeco on May 5.
- Q1 results, PR
Apr. 29, 2014, 9:37 AM
Apr. 28, 2014, 5:30 PM
- ABB, AGCO, AIXG, ALR, AMG, ARRY, AXE, BMY, BP, BSX, CARB, CCJ, CHKP, CIT, CMI, CNX, COH, CPLA, CRY, DBD, DDD, DORM, ESV, ETN, FDP, FLWS, FRX, GAS, GEO, GLT, GT, GTLS, HCA, HCBK, HRS, HUN, HW, IPGP, IRWD, KLIC, LG, LKQ, LRN, LYB, MGI, MGLN, MGM, MHFI, MLM, MRK, NMM, NOK, OSK, PCAR, PES, PH, POR, RESI, ROK, RTRX, RYN, S, SAVE, SCOR, SLAB, ST, TRW, UBSI, UDR, UTHR, VAC, VLO, WAT, WDR, WRLD, WWW, XYL.
Feb. 25, 2014, 8:46 AM
Feb. 25, 2014, 12:05 AM
Feb. 24, 2014, 5:30 PM
AIXG vs. ETF Alternatives
Aixtron SE provides deposition equipment to the semiconductor industry. Its solutions are used to build components for electronic and opto-electronic applications based on compound, silicon, or organic semiconductor materials.
Other News & PR