Wed, Jan. 14, 10:00 AM
- Upgraded to Outperform from Neutral are Arch Capital Group (ACGL +0.4%), Endurance Specialty Holdings (ENH -0.5%), and Cna Financial (CNA +0.3%). Boosted to Neutral from Underperform is Progressive Corp. (PGR -0.5%).
- Downgraded: ACE Limited (ACE -1.7%), Argo Group (AGII -1.6%), Axis Capital (AXS -1.1%), Navigators Group (NAVG -2%), Allstate (ALL -1.2%), Travelers (TRV -0.6%), and W.R. Berkley (WRB -1.8%).
Nov. 18, 2014, 12:00 PM
Oct. 29, 2014, 6:52 PM
- Operating income of $598M, $1.39/share
- Revenue up 5.7% y/y to $8.94B
- Book value per share of $48.28 from $43.49 in 3Q13
- Operating return on equity 13.0%
- Repurchased 3.6% of outstanding shares in 3Q14
- Conference call tomorrow at 9 ET. Webcast here.
- ALL No trades AH
- Previously: Allstate beats by $0.06, beats on revenue
Oct. 29, 2014, 4:08 PM
Oct. 28, 2014, 5:35 PM
- ABX, ACGL, ACHC, ACMP, AEGN, AEM, AFOP, AHL, AIZ, AKAM, ALDW, ALL, ANIK, ARAY, ARII, ARRS, ASGN, ATML, AUY, AXS, BGC, BIDU, BLKB, BMR, CACI, CALX, CAR, CATM, CAVM, CBG, CBL, CEMP, CENX, CHDN, CJES, CLD, CLUB, CMO, CNW, CRL, CRUS, CSGP, CSII, CUZ, CW, CWT, DAC, DRE, DRIV, DWA, EQIX, EQY, ESRT, ESV, EXL, EXR, FBHS, FFIV, FISH, FLEX, FLTX, FMC, FNF, FORM, FORR, FR, GLUU, HBI, HOS, HT, IPI, IRG, ISIL, JDSU, KEX, KRFT, KS, LGCY, LNC, LOCK, LOPE, MAA, MANT, MASI, MDAS, MEOH, MET, MOBL, MTGE, MUR, NCLH, NE, NEU, NEWP, NSIT, OII, PDM, PEIX, PGTI, PPC, PRXL, PSMI, PVA, QGEN, QTM, QUIK, RFMD, RGR, RJF, RNG, RRC, RRTS, RST, SCI, SFLY, SGI, SIMO, SLCA, SPN, SPRT, SSNC, SSS, STR, SU, TEX, TFSL, TGB, TGI, THG, TRLA, TTMI, TTWO, UNM, V, VECO, VGR, VPRT, VR, WLL, WMB, WPZ, WSTL, WTW
Oct. 14, 2014, 11:41 AM
- Institutional investors more and more are balking at the fees charged by alternative investment managers like private-equity firms, and looking instead to begin making direct investments.
- To that end, Russ Mayerfeld joins Allstate (ALL +1.1%) as a senior managing director, overseeing about $10B of the insurer's investments, including private equity. He'll report to CIO Judith Greffin.
- Peter Keehn will continue lead Allstate's global private-equity investing group, managing a portfolio of about $3B.
- Source: Press Release
Jul. 31, 2014, 3:16 PM
- Q2 operating income of $445 of $1.01 per share vs. $529M and $1.12 one year ago (higher catastrophe losses this year). Book value per share excluding impact of gains/losses on fixed income holdings of $44.13 per share vs. $38.47.
- Underlying combined ratio (excludes catastrophes) of 84.7% improves from 86.9%. Catastrophe losses of $936M up from $647M.
- Net investment income slipped 8.7%, with annualized portfolio yield of 4.7% in Q2.
- Capital: Repaid $300M of 6.2% senior notes during quarter and issued $250M of 6.25% preferred stock. Buybacks totaled $142M, and the $2.5B share repurchase program is 40% complete as of end of Q.
- Previously: Allstate beats by $0.33, beats on revenue
- ALL +3.5%
Jul. 30, 2014, 4:12 PM
Jul. 29, 2014, 5:35 PM
- ABX, AEL, AEM, AKAM, ALB, ALL, ALLE, AMC, ANIK, ARII, ASGN, ATEN, ATW, AUY, AVG, BALT, BGC, BMRN, CATM, CAVM, CBT, CENX, CHDN, CJES, CLUB, CMO, CNL, CNW, CODE, COHR, CTRP, CW, CWT, DDR, DRE, DRIV, EGN, EHTH, ELGX, ENTR, EQIX, EQY, ESRT, ESV, EXL, EXR, FBHS, FEIC, FISH, FMC, FNF, FOE, FORM, FORR, GLUU, HIG, HK, HOLX, HOS, HR, HTH, INT, IPI, ISIL, KBR, KEX, KGC, KRFT, KS, LGCY, LNC, LOCK, LPSN, LRCX, MAA, MANT, MDAS, MEOH, MET, MOBL, MOH, MTGE, MTW, MUR, NANO, NE, NEWP, NOW, OI, OTEX, PDM, PEIX, PGTI, PPC, PVA, QUIK, RKUS, ROVI, RRTS, SAM, SBRA, SCI, SFLY, SIMG, SPN, SPRT, SSS, STAA, STAG, STMP, STR, SU, SZYM, TCO, TGB, TGI, TS, TSO, TTEK, TTMI, TWTC, UNM, VGR, VPRT, WDC, WFM, WLL, WMB, WPZ, WSTL, WTW, YELP
Jul. 29, 2014, 10:17 AM| Comment!
Jul. 22, 2014, 9:55 AM
Jun. 19, 2014, 9:14 AM
- Estimated May losses of $440M pre-tax ($286M after) for Allstate (ALL) come from 11 events costing $400M plus unfavorable reserve re-estimates of prior period cat losses. Combined losses for April and May foot to $720M pre-tax ($468M after).
- One year ago, April and May combined for $539M of pre-tax losses ($350M after).
- Source: Press release
May. 20, 2014, 9:35 AM
May. 6, 2014, 4:52 PM
May. 6, 2014, 4:31 PM
- Revenue of $8.684B (up 2.6% Y/Y)
- Net income of $587M (down 17.2%). Net income per share of $1.30 (down 11.6%).
- Operating income of $588M (down 9.1%); per share of $1.30 (down 3.7%).
- Operating ROE of 14.4% (up 250 basis points).
- Book value per share (excluding unrealized net capital gains/losses on fixed income securities) of $42.98 (up 12.5%).
- Combined ratio of 94.7% (up 150 bps). Underlying combined ratio of 88.4% (up 70 bps). Catastrophe losses of $445M (up 24%).
- Net investment income of $959M (down 2.4%).
- Repurchased 6.4M shares for $348M in the market, and an initial 11.4M shares under the accelerated share repurchase agreement.
- CC tomorrow at 9 ET
- Source: Press Release
- ALL +0.2% AH
May. 5, 2014, 5:35 PM
- ACLS, AFG, AGU, ALL, AMTG, ARC, ARRS, ATVI, AVNR, AVNW, AWR, BEAT, BID, BIO, CENT, CHUY, CNVR, CODE, CPT, CSU, CYH, CYNI, DDR, DIS, DLR, DPM, DTLK, EA, EGAN, ENPH, ETE, ETP, EXTR, FEYE, FMC, FNGN, FRGI, FSLR, FST, FTR, GALE, GHDX, GNC, GNMK, GRPN, IAG, ICUI, IMI, JIVE, LBTYA, LGCY, LLNW, LYV, MCHP, MITT, MOVE, MPO, MRO, MTDR, MYGN, NYMT, OCLR, OKE, OKS, PBPB, PEGA, PSEC, PXD, PZZA, QGEN, QUAD, RDN, REGI, RGP, RLOC, RP, SAAS, SAPE, SGMO, SPA, SSNI, SXL, THOR, THRX, TRIP, TRMB, TRMR, TSRA, WES, WFM, WTI, ZAGG, ZU.
ALL vs. ETF Alternatives
Other News & PR