Quote & Headlines
5d 1m 3m 1y 5y 10y
To learn more about Seeking Alpha PRO, click here.
There are no News articles on ALPMF.
ALPMF vs. ETF Alternatives
Friday, Dec 1311:06 AM
Friday, Dec 1311:06 AM| Comment!
- Aveo Pharma (AVEO -15.1%) says its lead experimental drug tivozanib was unlikely to succeed in a mid-stage colon cancer study that was testing if the drug was superior to an approved treatment.
- Partner Astellas (ALPMF, ALPMY) was testing the drug in combination with standard chemotherapy against cancer drug bevacizumab with standard chemotherapy, for use in previously untreated patients with advanced colorectal cancer.
- Aveo has seen a string of failures associated with the drug; the FDA denied approval for the drug's use in renal cell carcinoma in June, citing inconsistent patient survival data.
Friday, Nov 13:29 PM
Friday, Nov 13:29 PM| Comment!
- Astellas Pharma (ALPMY) reports H1 consolidated net sales ( ¥ millions) of ¥556,702, up 16.7% Y/Y.
- Net income ( ¥ millions) for H1 falls 16% Y/Y to ¥48.195. (full results)
- Xtandi U.S. sales of ~$190M for April-September. (supplementary documents)
- Backing out FQ1 sales of $82M gets ~$108M in U.S. Xtandi sales for FQ2.
- These numbers are likely behind the rally in shares of Medivation (MDVN +10.1%), Astellas' Xtandi partner.
Tuesday, Oct 2210:19 AM
Tuesday, Oct 2210:19 AM| Comment!
- After observing benefits in OS and radiographic PFS (co-primary endpoints), the IDMC for Medivation (MDVN +3.7%) and Astellas Pharma's (ALPMF +0.9%) Phase 3 PREVAIL trial of enzalutamide in metastatic prostate cancer recommends "the study be stopped and patients treated with placebo be offered enzalutamide."
- Enzalutamide reduced the risk of death by 30% (Hazard Ratio .70), and patients saw an 81% reduction in risk of radiographic progression or death (Hazard Ratio 0.19).
- Here's Dr. Tomasz Beer, professor of medicine and deputy director of the Knight Cancer Institute: "To my knowledge, the benefits in overall survival and radiographic progression-free survival reported in today's PREVAIL trial results are unprecedented in this patient population." (PR)
Tuesday, Sep 247:05 AM|Tuesday, Sep 247:05 AM| Comment!
Thursday, Aug 13:40 PM
Thursday, Aug 13:40 PM| Comment!
- As reported here earlier, Astellas Pharma's (ALPMY.PK +1%) quarterly report showed Xtandi sales of $82M. That's short of consensus and bad news for partner Medivation (MDVN -1.3%).
- More color: William Blair's forecast was for sales of $85.2M (so a big miss there) — Astellas' full year Xtandi sales guidance of $400M is well below the firm's estimate of $459M.
Thursday, Aug 18:21 AM
Thursday, Aug 18:21 AM| Comment!
- Astellas Pharma (ALPMY.PK) reports FQ1 consolidated net sales of ¥275.8B (.pdf), up 13.4% Y/Y.
- Net sales of Xtandi — the prostate cancer treatment developed and commercialized with partner Medivation (MDVN) — were $82M for the period, below Street estimates of $83.7M. (supplemental documents)
- Xtandi faces what some say is looming threat from Janssen's acquisition of Aragon and the company's ARN-509.
Wednesday, Jun 269:05 AMMedivation (MDV) and Astellas (ALPMF.PK) enroll the first patient in a Phase II trial for enzalutamide, a treatment for triple-negative breast cancer, for which "there are no approved targeted therapies." The trial will recruit approximately 80 patients, who will take enzalutamide orally once a day. (PR) |Wednesday, Jun 269:05 AM| Comment!
Tuesday, Jun 258:18 AMCytokinetics (CYTK +9.8%) grants Astellas (ALPMF.PK) an exclusive license to co-develop and commercialize Cytokinetics' CK-2127107 treatment for muscle weakness, which is in Phase I trials. Cytokinetics will receive $16M up front and is eligible to receive over $24M in reimbursements during the first two years. Astellas could also pay $450M in R&D and sales milestones and royalties, as well as make other milestone payments. (8-K) |Tuesday, Jun 258:18 AM| Comment!
Monday, Jun 38:06 AM
Wednesday, May 298:05 AMAmgen (AMGN -0.6%) forms a JV with Japan's Astellas Pharma (ALPMF.PK) to develop and sell five new drugs in the latter's home country, with the hope being to launch the first medicine in 2016. The JV should help Amgen partly fill what it has described as "a noticeable gap" - its absence from China and Japan. (PR) |Wednesday, May 298:05 AM| Comment!
Friday, Apr 2611:12 AMMedivation (MDVN +0.6%) and Astellas Pharma (ALPMF.PK) say the Committee for Medicinal Products for Human Use (CHMP) has recommended approval for the oral androgen receptor inhibitor XTANDI (approved in the U.S.) for adult men with progressed metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer. Other CHMP news: Pfizer's (PFE -1.1%) arthritis pill Xeljanz is rejected (appeal to come), Roche (RHHBY.OB +0.2%) and Curis' (CRIS +4.5%) Erivedge for basal cell carcinoma gets a recommendation, and Vivus' (VVUS +3.7%) ED drug Spedra gets a positive review. (See also: AVNR and CELG get thumbs up from EU regulators) |Friday, Apr 2611:12 AM| 1 Comment
Monday, Jul 232012, 9:07 AMThe combination of Tarceva and Nexavar tablets to treat liver cancer didn't improve survival rates compared with Nexavar on its own in a Phase III trial. Nexavar is jointly produced by Bayer and Onyx (ONXX -0.45%), while Tarceva, which is already used in lung cancer, is sold by Astellas Pharma and Roche unit Genentech. |Monday, Jul 232012, 9:07 AM| Comment!