A Celgene Satellite: An Interview With Alliqua CEO Dave Johnson
- Alliqua recently raised $20.3 million in which Celgene participated.
- Changing landscape in medical reimbursement for wound care may serve as a boon to future sales.
- Alliqua CEO Dave Johnson shares his perspective.
With Favorable Shift In Advance Wound Care Market, Alliqua Could Grow Revenues To $35M Within 3 Years
- Dermagraft's declining sales and its divestiture for pennies on the dollar represent an unfolding shift in the wound care segment.
- The explosive top-line growth of MiMedx and Osiris is a direct result of this shift towards a new wave of wound care products.
- Through an increased sales force and upcoming product launch, Alliqua has positioned itself to benefit from the acceptance of new wound care technologies.
Mon, Nov. 3, 12:49 PM
Mon, Nov. 3, 11:54 AM
- The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) assigns a new reimbursement code to Alliqua BioMedical's (ALQA +15.7%) Biovance Human Amniotic Membrane Allograft, Q4154, that applies to products used outside of a physician's office. The code, categorized as Level II, expands reimbursement in the outpatient setting and complements the Level 1 reimbursement code already in place.
- CEO David Johnson says, "This decision is a significant step towards obtaining comprehensive reimbursement coverage for Biovance in the outpatient market setting, a key channel for biologic allografts. Most importantly, patients will be able to gain greater access to this technology."
Fri, Oct. 31, 5:16 PM
- Alliqua BioMedical (ALQA +3.6%) Q3 results: Revenues: $1.5M (+275.0%); COGS: $0.9M (+50.0%); R&D Expense: $0.6M (+700.0%); SG&A: $5.7M (+171.4%); Operating Loss: ($5.2M) (-126.1%); Net Loss: ($5.1M) (-131.8%); Loss Per Share: ($0.33) (6.5%); Quick Assets: $19.9M (+64.5%).
- FY14 Guidance: Revenue $4.7M-5M (+160%-180%)
- FY15 Guidance:Revenue $11M-13M
- Previously: Alliqua misses by $0.02, beats on revenue
Thu, Oct. 30, 5:06 PM
Mon, Oct. 6, 10:04 AM
- Alliqua Biomedical (ALQA +2.1%) amends its exclusive license agreement with Celgene subsidiary Celgene Cellular Therapies for Biovance. It now has the rights to market the advanced wound care product for podiatric and orthopedic applications.
- Biovance is a decellularized and dehydrated human amniotic membrane allograft which Alliqua launched in April 2014. It is indicated for the management of non-infected partial- and full-thickness wounds.
Wed, Sep. 3, 9:34 AM
Mon, Aug. 11, 9:20 AM| Comment!
Mon, Aug. 11, 7:49 AM
Mon, May. 12, 8:18 AM
Mon, Mar. 24, 7:40 AM
Instablogs are blogs which are instantly set up and networked within the Seeking Alpha community. Instablog posts are not selected, edited or screened by Seeking Alpha editors, in contrast to contributors' articles.
ALQA vs. ETF Alternatives
Alliqua, Inc., is a biomedical company providing advanced wound care solutions & also engaged in contract manufacturing. It develops, manufactures & markets high water content, electron beam cross-linked, aqueous polymer hydrogels used for wound care.
Other News & PR