Jan. 28, 2014, 4:46 PM
- Amgen (AMGN) reported its Q4 earnings rose 30% Y/Y on broad sales growth, but FY 2014 forecasts of $7.90-$8.20 EPS and $19.2B-$19.6B in revenues are at the low end of analyst estimates.
- Sales rose across the board for AMGN's product lines, with double-digit quarterly increases for all but a handful of its drugs; AMGN also says it was helped by lower tax rates.
- Among AMGN's largest franchises, global sales of Neulasta/Neupogen rose 10% Y/Y and sales of arthritis drug Enbrel gained 3%.
- Separately, AMGN announces positive top-line results from the Phase 3 LAPLACE-2 trial evaluating evolocumab in combination with statin therapy in patients with high cholesterol.
- Shares -0.8% AH.
Jan. 28, 2014, 4:06 PM
Jan. 28, 2014, 12:10 AM
Jan. 27, 2014, 5:35 PM
Oct. 22, 2013, 4:10 PM
- Amgen (AMGN) is up 1% AH following its Q3 report.
- Revenues of $4.75B are up 11% Y/Y.
- Adjusted EPS growth comes in at 16%.
- Sales by product: Neulasta/ Neupogen, +18%; Enbrel, +7%; Aranesp, -10%; Epogen, flat; Sensi[ar/Mimpara, +7%; Vectibix and Nplate, +19%; XGEVA, +30%; Prolia, +62%.
- FY 13 outlook: Adjusted EPS of $7.35-7.45 on sales of $18.3-18.5B against consensus of $7.32/share on $18.33B in sales. (PR)
Oct. 22, 2013, 4:05 PM
Oct. 22, 2013, 12:10 AM
Oct. 21, 2013, 5:35 PM
Jul. 30, 2013, 4:39 PM
- Amgen (AMGN) Q2 beats across the board, but net earnings edged lower as increased expenses for acquisition- and reorganization-related charges and other items masked higher revenue growth.
- R&D expenses increased 17%, mostly in support of its later-stage clinical programs.
- Neulasta sales rose 10% amid price increases, higher wholesaler inventory and a Medicaid rebate adjustment. Sales of Enbrel were up 9% on higher prices, Xgeva and Prolia reported sales growth of 39% and 57%, respectively.
- The company ups FY13 guidance, now expecting an EPS of $7.30 - $7.45 on sales of $17.80B - 18.20B.
Jul. 30, 2013, 4:27 PM
Jul. 30, 2013, 12:10 AM
- ACAS, ACMP, AFL, AMGN, ANAD, APU, BOOM, BSMX, BWLD, BXP, CALX, CAP, CBI, CENX, CHMT, CLD, CSE, CVD, DRIV, ELGX, EQR, EXTR, FARO, FISV, FTNT, GDOT, GNW, GPRE, HBI, HR, HT, IACI, INVN, ISIL, JIVE, KIM, LOPE, MAKO, MERU, MKTO, MSPD, MTGE, MWA, MX, NANO, NCR, NEU, NSR, NUVA, OIS, OKE, OKS, POL, PRAA, QCOR, QGEN, RBC, RPXC, RVBD, SIMG, SKT, SM, SNCR, SYMC, TRLG, TRMB, TTS, TTWO, UGI, ULTI, VRSK, WFT, WNC, XXIA
Jul. 29, 2013, 5:35 PM
- ACAS, ACMP, AFL, AMGN, ANAD, APU, BOOM, BSMX, BWLD, BXP, CALX, CAP, CBI, CENX, CHMT,CLD, CSE, CVD, DRIV, ELGX, EQR, EXTR, FARO , FISV, FTNT, GDOT, GNW, GPRE, HBI,HR, HT, IACI, INVN, ISIL, JIVE, KIM, LOPE, MAKO, MERU, MKTO, MSPD, MTGE, MWA,MX, NANO, NCR, NEU, NSR, NUVA, OIS, OKE, OKS, POL, PRAA, QCOR, QGEN, RBC,RPXC, RVBD, SIMG, SKT, SM, SNCR, SYMC, TRLG , TRMB, TTS, TTWO, UGI, ULTI, VRSK,WFT, WNC, XXIA
Apr. 24, 2013, 12:56 PMAmgen (AMGN -5.8%) slides after posting a mixed Q1 report late yesterday, beating on its EPS but coming up short on earnings. Net profit rose 21% Y/Y, due largely to a significantly lower tax rate, but the better number fails to mask disappointing sales, especially of its key arthritis drug Enbrel. The drug saw sales rise 11%, but fell short of analysts expectations. Piper Jafray cut the shares to Neutral on the report, saying the stock has limited upside until late stage clinical catalysts provide visibility into future growth. | Comment!
Apr. 23, 2013, 4:04 PM
Apr. 23, 2013, 12:10 AM
Apr. 22, 2013, 5:35 PM
AMGN vs. ETF Alternatives
Other News & PR