Yesterday, 4:38 PM
Yesterday, 4:08 PM| Comment!
Tue, Jan. 27, 5:35 PM| 4 Comments
Oct. 28, 2014, 5:44 PM
Oct. 28, 2014, 4:54 PM
- Q3 operating earnings of $407M or $2.10 per share up 21% and 28%, respectively, from a year ago.
- $442M of capital returned through dividends and buybacks in Q3, bringing YTD total to $1.4B. Share count of 193.7M vs. 205.1M a year ago. Operating ROE now north of 22%.
- Total AUM up 8% during Q3 to $797B, driven by both appreciation and inflows.
- Advice & Wealth Management pretax operating earnings of $205M up 35% Y/Y, with retail client assets of $434B up 11%.
- Asset Management pretax operating earnings of $208M up 21% Y/Y. Adjusted pretax operating margin of 41.3% vs. 38.7%.
- Annuities Segment pretax operating earnings of $128M are down 38% Y/Y, but not necessarily comparable due to unlocking and market impact on DAC and DSIC.
- Previously: Ameriprise Financial beats by $0.14, beats on revenue
- AMP flat AH
Oct. 28, 2014, 4:11 PM| Comment!
Oct. 27, 2014, 5:35 PM
- AEC, AFG, AFL, AJG, AMCC, AMP, APC, ARI, AZPN, BGFV, BLDP, BOOM, BXP, CAP, CBT, CEB, CHMT, CHRW, CINF, CRAY, DLR, DNB, DYAX, EA, EIX, EPR, EQR, ESRX, EXP, EXTR, FARO, FB, FEIC, FISV, GFIG, GILD, GPRE, HIW, HLIT, HTA, HTS, HURN, INAP, INVN, IPHI, KEYW, KIM, KONA, MAC, MAR, MCK, MRCY, MWA, NANO, NFX, OI, PEI, PLT, PNRA, PSMT, RJET, ROG, RPXC, SKT, SM, SWI, TQNT, TRN, TSS, UDR, ULTI, USNA, VRSK, VRTX, WDC, WES, WGP, WNC, WSH, WTS, WYNN, X, XCO, XOOM, ZLTQ
Oct. 20, 2014, 2:53 PM
- Analysts Joshua Shanker and Phil Stefano still don't love the company, noting a bloated expense structure, high reliance on positive capital markets trends, and a high-profile trial alleging AIG didn't act in shareholder interest when it accepted a government bailout, but the stock has declined enough of late to make it a bargain even with those negatives.
- "The financial engineering at the company currently makes up for the shortcomings in its operational performance," they say. "We believe that has been true for the last three years, and will continue to be true for the foreseeable future." Should the operational issues get resolved, look out above.
- The duo also remind that AIG isn't the only insurance stock taking a beating of late, and Ameriprise FInancial (AMP +0.6%), MetLife (MET +0.5%), and Prudential (PRU -0.4%) have taken even bigger hits. Exposure to 10-year interest rates is the reason, they expect, pointing to P&C insurers which haven't fallen nearly as far.
- Previously: Deutsche buys the dip in AIG
Aug. 11, 2014, 10:38 AM
- Alongside its upgrade of struggling Genworth and CNO Financial, Morgan Stanley downgrades a couple of better-performing names, cutting Reinsurance Group of America (RGA +0.1%) to Underweight from Equal Weight, and Ameriprise FInancial (AMP +1.1%) to Equal Weight from Overweight.
- Previously: Morgan Stanley upgrades two struggling financial names
Jul. 29, 2014, 6:19 PM
Jul. 29, 2014, 4:15 PM| Comment!
Jul. 28, 2014, 5:35 PM
- ACHC, ACMP, AEC, AEGN, AEGR, AFL, AJG, AMCC, AMGN, AMP, APC, APU, ARI, AXP, AXS, BGFV, BLDP, BOOM, BWLD, BXP, CALX, CAP, CBG, CBL, CEB, CEMP, CHMT, CHRW, CINF, CLD, CLMS, CPWR, CRAY, CSLT, CVD, DLR, DOX, DWA, EEFT, EQR, ESRX, EW, EXAM, EZPW, FARO, FBP, FISV, GAS, GNW, GPN, GPRE, HTA, HURN, IGT, INAP, INVN, IPHI, IVR, KIM, LNDC, MAR, MOVE, NATI, NCR, NEM, NEU, NFX, NTRI, NUVA, PEI, PLT, PNRA, QGEN, RBC, RGR, RKT, RNG, RNR, ROG, RPXC, RT, RUBI, SB, SLCA, SM, SQNM, TMH, TRN, TWTR, TX, UGI, ULTI, USNA, VRSK, VRTX, WNC, WSH, WTS, X, XCO, XPO
Jun. 12, 2014, 1:02 PM
- Looking to do a better job wooing top wealth managers, Ameriprise Financial (AMP -0.6%) will match signing bonuses offered by the nation's largest brokers, raising the amount offered to 150% of an adviser's last 12 months of revenue from 120% previously.
- The move comes after Ameriprise since late last year brought in just eight brokers with more than $100M of AUM. During that same period, regional competitor Raymond James lured 32 new brokers.
Apr. 28, 2014, 4:36 PM
- Alongside its earnings beat, Ameriprise Financial (AMP) delivers an additional $2.5B for buybacks over the next year and boosts the quarterly dividend by $0.06 to $0.58 per share. At the current price, the repurchase plan is enough to buy back about 24M shares, or more than 12% of the float.
- Shares +2% AH
- Source: Press Release
- Previously: Ameriprise Financial, Inc. beats by $0.16
Apr. 28, 2014, 4:34 PM| 1 Comment
Apr. 28, 2014, 4:08 PM
AMP vs. ETF Alternatives
Ameriprise Financial Inc through its subsidiaries is engaged in providing financial planning, products and services as solutions for its clients' cash and liquidity, asset accumulation, income, protection and estate and wealth transfer needs.
Other News & PR