Mon, Mar. 16, 9:14 AM
Mon, Mar. 16, 8:41 AM| Mon, Mar. 16, 8:41 AM | 4 Comments
Fri, Mar. 13, 12:45 PM
Thu, Mar. 12, 12:45 PM
Thu, Mar. 12, 9:14 AM
Thu, Mar. 12, 8:27 AM
- Amarin (NASDAQ:AMRN) is up 16% premarket on increased volume. H.C. Wainwright analyst Andrew Fein upgraded the stock to "Buy" with a $10 price target. The consensus analyst rating on the stock is "Hold" with a $6 target.
- Maybe Mr. Fein sees something that others don't. According to TipRanks.com, he is a top 100 analyst with an average return of 36.5% and a 69.2% success rate.
- In Q4, Amarin posted a 64% increase in revenue. Vascepa revenue was $16.5M. Consensus view for Q1 is a loss per share of ($0.12) on revenues of $18.7M.
Wed, Mar. 11, 5:36 PM
Fri, Mar. 6, 7:16 AM
- Amarin (NASDAQ:AMRN) enters into a definitive securities subscription agreement with institutional investors, both existing and new, for the private placement of up to a maximum of $52.8M of restricted American Depositary Shares at $0.15, each representing one share of the company's non-voting Series A Convertible Preference Shares.
- Each ten Series A Convertible Preference Shares may be consolidated and redesignated as one ordinary share up to a maximum aggregate of 35,215,079 ordinary shares.
- Net proceeds of ~$52.2M will fund the commercialization of Vascepa, advance the REDUCE-IT cardiovascular outcomes trial and general corporate purposes.
Wed, Mar. 4, 9:13 AM
- Gainers: IFON +44%. NVGN +44%. EFUT +36%. CNDO +27%. W +22%. ATOS +16%. PHMD +20%. ATHM +13%. NURO +12%. SWHC +10%. AMRN +9%. AEO +8%. AMBA +8%. CRMD +8%. SOL +7%. OREX +7%. TIVO +6%. EXAS +5%.
- Losers: CYCC -22%. BOBE -19%. TNET -16%. BV -16%. VEEV -15%. CYTX -8%. ANF -8%. ONCY -6%. ACHN -5%. FAST -5%.
Tue, Mar. 3, 4:26 PM
- Amarin (NASDAQ:AMRN) Q4 results ($M): Revenues: 16.5 (+63.5%); Operating Expenses: 30.8 (-20.8%); Net Loss: (19.7) (-27.6%); Loss Per Share: (0.11) (+59.3%); Quick Assets: 119.5 (-37.6%).
- Vascepa revenue of $16.5M represented a sequential increase of 17.0% versus Q3. Prescriptions were up 11% sequentially and 55% compared to a year ago.
- Patient enrollment in the REDUCE-IT cardiovascular outcomes trial should be completed this year (8,000 subjects). The study will continue until the attainment of 100% of the 1,612 primary endpoint events which is estimated to happen in 2017 with results ready for publishing in 2018.
- The company does not expect a favorable decision from the FDA regarding its ANCHOR supplemental New Drug Application (sNDA) which had a PDUFA date of December 20, 2013. In September 2014, the agency denied the company's appeal of its decision to rescind the ANCHOR trial Special Protocol Assessment (SPA) and management decided not to appeal further.
- Shares are up 3% after hours on moderate volume.
Tue, Mar. 3, 4:02 PM
Mon, Mar. 2, 5:35 PM
Thu, Feb. 26, 10:44 AM
- Long-suffering bulls are finally getting some encouraging action from Amarin (AMRN +15.1%). Shares are up 60% in three weeks.
- This morning, the company announced an exclusive agreement with Eddingpharm to commercialize Vascepa (icosapent ethyl) in China, Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan. Under the terms of the contract, Amarin will receive an upfront cash payment of $15M, up to $154M in development, regulatory and sales-based milestones and tiered double-digit royalties on net sales that could reach the high teens.
Wed, Feb. 18, 10:38 AM
- Long-suffering bulls are finally getting some positive action from Amarin (AMRN +13.6%) after SunTrust Bank upgrades it to Buy from Neutral with a $6 price target.
- The stock sank as low as $0.78 (November 11) which was 96% below its late May 2011 peak of $19.87. Shares cratered in October 2013 after the FDA withdrew its Special Protocol Assessment (SPA) for Vascepa and a negative Ad Comm vote against an expanded label.
- Previously: Panel votes against label expansion for Amarin's Vascepa (Oct. 16, 2013)
- Previously: Amarin tumbles as FDA pulls SPA (Oct. 29, 2013)
Wed, Feb. 18, 9:15 AM
Dec. 15, 2014, 12:36 PM
- Added to the Nasdaq Biotechnology Index, effective Dec. 22: AAVL, AERI, AKBA, ALDR, ALIM, AMPH, ANIP, ASPX, CARA, CGEN, CLDN, CNCE, ENTA, FLML, FMI, FOLD, FPRX, GWPH, HPTX, ICPT, INO, INSM, KITE, KPTI, MGNX, OPHT, PCYC, PETX, POZN, PTX, QLTI, RARE, RCPT, RDUS, RLYP, RTRX, RVNC, SAGE, TBPH, TTPH, VSAR, XLRN, ZFGN, ZSPH.
- Deleted: AMRN, AUXL, CRIS, EXPR, ICEL, ONTX, RIGL, ZGNX.
- Source: Press Release
AMRN vs. ETF Alternatives
Other News & PR